Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 23:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga

I just happened to bump into a display of Honda scooters and bikes today in an event and could get a view of the line up. The Honda CBR 250 R was missing from the line-up and so obviously the Honda Unicorn was only too prominent to escape notice. Thats like a babu's office where the head is on tour and the second in command runs the office!
The Dream Yuga is just another 100 cc (its 110 cc) bike and will join the competition giving some jitters to Hero Motocorp and Bajaj, who happen to be the main players. The jitters are just because its a Honda and nothing else. There is nothing special to write about regarding this bike, which has all the features the competition has. Since it is a 110 cc it could have revived the tachometer (the Bajaj Caliber 110 cc had) on the cluster, apart from the fuel gauge.The fuel gauge is now a days made to appear like a tachometer, both placement wise and also in the looks department. Instead of the 1 X 1000, 2 X 1000 plus the red line and so on, the fuel gauge has the E and 1/2 and F with the red line.The bike was high on a pedestal and so I could not click its instrument cluster pictures. This one here is borrowed from a website Indiamotos blog. Also, we have to move higher and buy a 150 cc to get the tripmeter option.The 110 cc bikes do not have such an option. Cost cutting, "aam aadmi."
I am wondering how they have coined the name "Dream Yuga". The bike has no chrome almost anywhere and is fully black. Its gearbox, engine, wheels. exhaust and even the handlebar are all black. Only the kick starter has been spared from getting blackened. So if its black or dark, one thinks of the night and goes to sleep and when one goes to sleep, he or she dreams. Thats how the word "Dream" has come about, I believe. Honda or HMSIL is Japanese, rather fully Japanese. So "Yuga" is an Indian word meant to get close to the "aam aadmi" who are the potential customers.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09478.jpg

The gearbox and engine etc are all painted black. It must be a cheaper option to black out, rather than go for the aluminum finish. Its the "aam aadmi" bike after all.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09479.jpg

The graphics on the fuel tank and side panels are "inspired" by the competition. Any person can just casually design such graphics, if he knows how to operate a few rudimentary drawing softwares on computers. The fit and finish of the bike are just like the competition

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09480.jpg

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09481.jpg

It has no parking light. Has the concept died with the Yamaha RX 100? The RX 100 has a parking light bulb in the headlight console that is operated by the battery. So if the engine is stopped, this light can be switched on.We do not get such features for "aam aadmi" bikes now a days!
The indicators have pointed ends on either sides. This is a fashion and Honda has copied or has been "inspired " by other makes.These pointed ends looks awkward! Luckily its plastic or else, had it been in metal, pedestrians would get injured!

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09482.jpg

The most boring looks from the front ! Who will say this is a bike launched in 2012 ?

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09483.jpg

No, do not look for the radiator in this picture. I clicked it because I saw some chrome after all, the kick starter and that looks so refreshing in the moron-like black ambiance.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09485.jpg

The saree guard is the best thing I found on this bike. Its design is a little bit contemporary after all.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09486.jpg

Now look at the placement of this sticker. Who will bend to have a "dekho" here. The ASC chaps do not read all these stickers but have their own "Honda trained IQ" to tackle such matters. Its only for DIY's, who may sit down and do all the wheel and chain work.Tyre information is also provided here with suitable brands and inflation/ tyre pressure details.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-dsc09487.jpg

The side panel has so many angularities. I am not sure what the pink plastic tube here is for? I can hazard a guess that it is to check the oil level.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-hondadreamyugalaunch4.jpg

The handlebar is also black. They have spared nothing from getting blackened.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th July 2012 at 23:14.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 23:26   #2
BHPian

Re: The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Now look at the placement of this sticker. Who will bend to have a "dekho" here. The ASC chaps do not read all these stickers but have their own "Honda trained IQ" to tackle such matters. Its only for DIY's, who may sit down and do all the wheel and chain work.Tyre information is also provided here with suitable brands and inflation/ tyre pressure details.
Almost all manufacturers have the same sticker in the same place.
Old 14th July 2012, 17:26   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hero Honda Passion I find has a parking light. It is located at the lower right hand side of the headlamp bulb.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-1336195827_369837605_4herohondapassion.jpg

(pic source olx.com)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th July 2012 at 17:35.
Old 14th July 2012, 18:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

I still fail to understand the point of this bike.

The price difference between this and the Twister is barely Rs.500. Are they saying if the engine/gear ratios are different. Only thing it does is confuse the customer.
Old 14th July 2012, 23:57   #5
BHPian

Totally pointless launch. I hope this doesn't sell (the only bike I'd pass a comment from the Honda's stable) - Reminds me of bikes in Suzuki's stable (except the decent GSX150R)

I think Honda is trying to attack different markets in a way that does not stick to Brand Honda (what we expect of a Honda) - Even CBR250R was a 'cost cutting' launch. (Priced well, but IMO it doesn't exude quality as it should) - CBR150R doesn't have a engine kill switch. I can't understand why...

Last edited by sriramv.iyer : 15th July 2012 at 00:14. Reason: mistake in comments
Old 15th July 2012, 12:13   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think its basically the Twister in new dress for 40 plus crowd
Twister is too funky for middle aged.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:09   #7
BHPian

I for one see a lot of sense in this bike. In fact its pretty much Honda's most important launch after going separate ways with Hero. Since a lot of people seems to be miffed with the styling, just have a look at the Shine 125 which looks quite similar to the Dream Yuga but has the best numbers in its segment even though a lot of bikes look way better than it. While hot looking performance bikes is what we all look at, in the end its the numbers that do it for manufacturers and this is Honda's 'numbers' bike to go head on with the ubiquitous Splendour. I have ridden the bike and frankly none of the competition can match its refinement and performance and while at the same time dish out 72 kmpl. I dont think this bike will ring any bells here at tbhp cause we here are an 'enthusiast'ic bunch, but for the common man who will buy it just for the "kitna deti hai" question, the dream yuga fits to the T.

its about 2-3k more expensive than the competition but then Honda's have always commanded a premium and get away with it too, so i dont think the price will be a problem for Honda.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The side panel has so many angularities. I am not sure what the pink plastic tube here is for? I can hazard a guess that it is to check the oil level.
That is the crankcase breather pipe IMO.

If the competition can have different models with the same engine (Passion/Splendor+ and what not) or too many different engines for the same displacement (XCD135/Discover 135/Pulsar 135LS), why not our good 'ol HMSI??
Old 6th April 2013, 16:23   #9

My friend's new dream yuga 2012 model autostart, with odometer reading of 2500 km , returns a mileage of 40 kmpl. Two free service done. Not sure of of why such low mileage. Any suggestions please ?
Old 5th December 2013, 10:09   #10
BHPian

My brother purchased Honda Dream Yuga, an upgrade from his proposed Dream Neo on my insistence. We had a Honda Activa being used by my father for the last 7 years and the Dream Yuga was supposed to be the RELIABLE as it is coming from Honda. Brother blindly ruled out Bajajs, TVSs, Suzukis, and Heros. In a way that looked fine as our history of using Bajaj Boxer, Caliber, and XCD required an annual maintenance of Rs.10000/- for each of these bikes after 3 years/40000KM.

This turned out to be worst nightmare :(. Dream Yuga engine head crank started leaking oil which puts the Bullets iron cast engines to shame at a mere 2500kms of running. If this was not enough, the chain sprocket had to be replaced at a mere 3500kms. Now, though the chain sprocket was replaced free of cost, it is unbelievable the kind of engine that is being sold by Honda in the guise of Dream Yuga and Dream Neo. And no, my brother did not get lemon at all. At least 2 of 3 Yuga/Neo come to service center for free first service have this problem of head crank engine leaking. Please keep away from Yuga/Neo as far away as possible. I will post the photos by the weekend.
Old 17th August 2016, 12:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Honda Dream Yuga introduced in a new dual-tone colour

Honda Motorcycles and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) has introduced a new dual-tone colour shade for its 110 cc commuter bike, the Honda Dream Yuga. The new dual-tone ‘Black with Athletic Blue Metallic’ colour will be available in addition to the existing colour options of the bike.

With the new added colour, the Honda Dream Yuga can now be opted in six colours: Black with Athletic Blue Metallic, Pearl Amazing White, Black, Black with Radiant Red Metallic, Black with Heavy Grey Metallic and Sports Red.

There aren’t any mechanical changes on the new colour variant of the Dream Yuga. Hence, it continues to be powered by an air-cooled four-stroke, 110cc single-cylinder engine that develops 8.25 BHP and 8.63 Nm of torque, while being mated to a 4-speed gearbox. The Dream Yuga is equipped with the Honda Eco-Technology (HET), and boasts of a fuel economy of 74 kmpl.

The Honda Dream Yuga is priced at Rs. 51,499 (ex-showroom, Delhi), and the new colour option is being offered at no added cost.

The New 2012, 110 cc Honda Dream Yuga-0_468_700_httpcdni.autocarindia.comextraimages20160816050011_hondadreamyugablackwith.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 17th August 2016 at 12:07.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks