Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 15:34   #136

Re: My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion

Hey Hillram. Your yellow Wasp looks beautiful with the new outfit.
I just got myself a white Vespa Vx, and wanted to get whitewall inserts for the same. But I can't seem to find a site online to buy the inserts.
Can you help me out and show me a link to the same?
Old 14th January 2014, 16:56   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifsalimdr View Post
Hey Hillram. Your yellow Wasp looks beautiful with the new outfit.
I just got myself a white Vespa Vx, and wanted to get whitewall inserts for the same. But I can't seem to find a site online to buy the inserts.
Can you help me out and show me a link to the same?
Thanks.
You can reach out to : Darryl Menezes , dxmenezes@yahoo.co.uk
He will help you with the whitewall inserts.
Best Wishes.

Last edited by hillram : 14th January 2014 at 17:09.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:54   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkumar View Post
Hello Hillram
i wanted to Upgrade my sister's Access to Vespa
my main concern is how will the centrally mounted engine behave in a city like Bangalore which has lot of potholes
and also when i drove the vehicle i loved the suspension is it the same even after an year ?
how about the mileage ?
can i know how many kms your yellow wasp has munched till now ?
Did you get the Vespa for your sister?

I would say Dio or so with combi brakes is safer and also I felt Vespa's seat to be taller .
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 12:25   #139
BHPian

I guess I've asked this earlier on this thread but it went unanswered. All the Vespa riders, where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? I tried looking for it, found it nowhere. What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs? I don't usually have a pillion rider. And my daily commute on Vespa is 40kms.

OT: What sort of mileage are you guys getting?
Old 18th March 2014, 12:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I guess I've asked this earlier on this thread but it went unanswered. All the Vespa riders, where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? I tried looking for it, found it nowhere. What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs? I don't usually have a pillion rider. And my daily commute on Vespa is 40kms.

On my VX125, I maintain pressures of ~28PSI in the front, & ~32 in the rear. Should suffice. The manual quotes similar values, I believe.

Regards to mileage, I get ~47 KMPL, on an approximate calculation. Has improved after the second service, to ~53KMPL @ 2600 KMS.

Cheers!

Last edited by FINTAIL : 18th March 2014 at 12:58.
Old 18th March 2014, 13:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Im getting an FE of 45kmpl after some 7 servicing sessions, which does not make me happy.
Old 18th March 2014, 15:14   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im getting an FE of 45kmpl after some 7 servicing sessions, which does not make me happy.
Thats great! You stick to 40-50 on speedo or go beyond that?

My first service was 263Rs. Currently odo is around 1200Kms.
I tried to fill up the tank and that exercise failed since unlike other bikes, theres overflow after a certain mark. A spectator at fuel station show me this while we were busy trying to fill up till brim
Old 18th March 2014, 16:15   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats great! You stick to 40-50 on speedo or go beyond that?

My first service was 263Rs. Currently odo is around 1200Kms.
I tried to fill up the tank and that exercise failed since unlike other bikes, theres overflow after a certain mark. A spectator at fuel station show me this while we were busy trying to fill up till brim
I stick to 50-60 on speedo.
Never fill Vespa LX to the brim, it overflows badly.I burnt my fingers twice and now wait for the fuel low mark and tank up 5 litres at a time.
Once the petrol bunk chap was amazed when i asked him to fill 6 litres at a stretch .
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 19:30   #144
BHPian

Quote:
where can I find the recommended 'Tire pressure' in the manual? What would be the ideal pressure for a almost 6ft tall guy and 95 kgs?

Well, in the LX manual, the tire pressure is mentioned in page 7, so am not sure about the VX manual. It's under know your vespa -> technical specification -> tyre -> tyre pressure. For the LX, the recommended tyre pressure as per the manual is 20 psi (front) ; 26 psi (rear - solo) ; 32 psi (rear - dual). I maintain a constant 22 for the front and 30 for the rear and i ride mostly solo. I'm 5'5" tall and 45 kgs in weight . For recommended tyre pressure as per your weight, i think you should ask your service advisor only. And, the mileage i'm getting is close to 52kmpl (did this at the service center with 100ml quantity petrol, got 5.2kms for that quantity.) And, i'm not someone who rides at 45-55, I have literally ripped off the scooter at highways (where i usually ride) often touching it's top speed. guess, i'm lucky to extract this mileage
kaushik51094 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 12:43   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
On my VX125, I maintain pressures of ~28PSI in the front, & ~32 in the rear. Should suffice. The manual quotes similar values, I believe.

Regards to mileage, I get ~47 KMPL, on an approximate calculation. Has improved after the second service, to ~53KMPL @ 2600 KMS.

Cheers!
53 KMPL. You sir, are a very fortunate person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Maybe you'll feel happy after hearing mine: 32 KMPL.
But my home-office-home route is pathetic with crazy traffic (Frazer town to Whitefield in Bangalore). I have to do some off-roading on this beauty (and I don't like it a bit) to cut down on my travelling time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
Well, in the LX manual, the tire pressure is mentioned in page 7, so am not sure about the VX manual. It's under know your vespa -> technical specification -> tyre -> tyre pressure. For the LX, the recommended tyre pressure as per the manual is 20 psi (front) ; 26 psi (rear - solo) ; 32 psi (rear - dual). I maintain a constant 22 for the front and 30 for the rear and i ride mostly solo. I'm 5'5" tall and 45 kgs in weight . For recommended tyre pressure as per your weight, i think you should ask your service advisor only. And, the mileage i'm getting is close to 52kmpl (did this at the service center with 100ml quantity petrol, got 5.2kms for that quantity.) And, i'm not someone who rides at 45-55, I have literally ripped off the scooter at highways (where i usually ride) often touching it's top speed. guess, i'm lucky to extract this mileage
Thanks bud.
Even I've got the LX model. And dude, eat more. Gain some weight! I'm surprised you don't get beyond ARAI sugested mileage, given you're so underweight!

And luckily, enough for me, today morning there was this another guy with almost similar built who suggest me to keep the tire pressure of Front-28 and Rear-32. Guess this is what I'll stick to now, and get my mileage up!
Old 23rd March 2014, 12:10   #146
BHPian

Quote:
And dude, eat more. Gain some weight! I'm surprised you don't get beyond ARAI sugested mileage, given you're so underweight!
i know. Thanks for this advice, but, you don't know how much i eat. I hog a lot actually, even my friends are surprised seeing me eat so much, yet i gain not much weight. Even protein intake doesn't seem to have much effect on me! BTW, sorry for going off topic.
Old 31st May 2014, 14:39   #147
BHPian

Has anybody tried installing a better set of horns on the Vespa? The OE once are pathetic and never helps in Bangalore.

Also is it possible to fit a Hella Red Trumpet Horn?

Vijay
Old 16th July 2014, 23:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody tried installing a better set of horns on the Vespa? The OE once are pathetic and never helps in Bangalore.

Also is it possible to fit a Hella Red Trumpet Horn?

Vijay
Yes,It is possible to fix aftermarket horns which sounds like the ones on the RE.
Hella Red trumpet horn can be fixed with necessary modifications on the bracket.

Thanks&Regards
KN
Old 17th July 2014, 00:02   #149
BHPian

Recently i did an experiment on my vespa and it turned out to be great,let the pictures do the talking.

The whole paint work was DIY and used 6 cans of bosny flat black,one can of red and 4 cans of grey primer.
Attached Thumbnails
My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion-photo-1-4.jpg  

My Vespa LX 125 "Yellow Wasp" - Italian Art In Motion-photo-2-3.jpg  

Old 17th July 2014, 09:35   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn09 View Post
Recently i did an experiment on my vespa and it turned out to be great,let the pictures do the talking.

The whole paint work was DIY and used 6 cans of bosny flat black,one can of red and 4 cans of grey primer.
Woah! That's awesome. Matte black looks amazing and it's a DIY? Looks as good as factory finish i must say. Please post the DIY soon Amazing job!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks