Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2006, 16:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kinetic motorcycles are most Fuel-efficient

http://www.kineticindia.com/press_mileage_research.asp

motorcycles from Kinetic Engineering have all clearly come out as the most fuel efficient motorcycles in the country, without any doubt.

They say the research was done by overdrive. How many of you actually own a kinetic motorbike or have driven one?
Old 6th April 2006, 16:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

It would also help them if they can divert some of the funds from their so called R&D (as claimed by Kinetic) to Quality Assurance. Kinetics products probably have most pathetic build quality among all.
Old 6th April 2006, 16:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
It would also help them if they can divert some of the funds from their so called R&D (as claimed by Kinetic) to Quality Assurance. Kinetics products probably have most pathetic build quality among all.
I second your statement. My pathetic Kinetic Honda is a good example of bad quality. Something or the other keeps falling every now and then.
Old 6th April 2006, 21:04   #4
BHPian

OD is biased to the core. My frnd's GF170 returns him 35kmpl, and ive heard Boss returns around 60kmpl.
Old 7th April 2006, 07:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by member
OD is biased to the core. My frnd's GF170 returns him 35kmpl, and ive heard Boss returns around 60kmpl.
I dunno about gf170 figures but kinetic boss fe compared to splendor and passion is much better. Most of the splendors and passions I know give 55-60 at max.

about build quality I have no idea but I somehow like the gf170 lazer's looks. maybe because I am emotionally attached to my now sold adreno

though their build quality may be suffering but I dont think that's the case. Its the problem with the strength in brand name. the reason y both lml and kinetic suffered.
Old 7th April 2006, 09:29   #6
BHPian

ALright this is IT. I"VE OWNED THE WORST KINETIC EVER....THE GF125. Even thinking about it i feel depressed. Its far away from me right now but the amount of PAIN and suffering I've been through after paying 5K over original price to get it before launch i almost shot myself. In an effort to indianize this motorcycle they've cheapened parts quality and what not. It doesnt feel even close to the Korean GF. It performs great just for a few minutes then after that your novice mechanic will turn into expert with that much hands on experience on that bike. One of the supervisors in my dad's company had a Kinetic Challenger or something! He faced a lot of trouble too. I'll never trust kinetic ever ever. Even if they're good with fuel efficiency they'll be too expensive to maintain and u'll land up paying more money than you actually save.
Old 7th April 2006, 16:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

yeah I have heard many of these comments from various kinetic users.

I have hardly met like 20 people who drive kinetic bikes.

70% said their bikes suck.

30% either said its good or they are satisfied.

Not a good response but still I think they are imroving at a fast pace.

gf125 was a bike during their infancy as motorcycle manufacturers. It looks like they have learnt a bit but with a big blow to their brand image.
Old 11th April 2006, 14:04   #8
BHPian

kinetic scooters are really good, actually
dunno about motorcycles, but in scooters (non geared) they are really the best. speaking from personal experience as well as many others'.
there has never been a more reliable two wheeler than the kinetic scooter. people have owned, with minimum maintenance for 18 years or more!

now the new BLAZE is very exciting too...
Old 11th April 2006, 18:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dont touch Kinectic Bikes unless they get Aprillia or Italjet into the country. Comet from Hyosung is unheard of in the international market. It made a big show in India beacuse its a 250 cc bike and much powerful than what we have in India.

Remember the fate of GF125 owners????

Last edited by mail4ajo : 11th April 2006 at 18:58.
Old 11th April 2006, 19:44   #10
BHPian

U must never buy a kinetic product if u are a real biker. They are so damn pathetic and the dealer network is too sad. They try to indigenize products from the foreign makers and end up screwing big time. The GF170 was just an over-bored design on the crappy Indian GF125 and the head was designed by the great raj hingrooni. The bikes run like **** and also have really sad fuel efficiency. I know a GF170 lazer owner from our fellow site who has gone-thru a lot of hell! Still why buy a kinetic. I remember at the launch of the Kinetic Velocity (another 110cc crap) , the MD Ms Firodia stating that “kinetic has the best R&D in the country”. I was just laughing away after hearing that! They need to learn from local lathe shops, to improve their crappy engineering!
Old 11th April 2006, 21:00   #11
BHPian

Kinetic , a fuel efficient bike. ? am i reading this for real?
iv had kinny's, i would rather go in for activa or dio or atleast the bajaj wave instead the cheap *** parts of kinny.
Old 12th April 2006, 04:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

why not mail overdrive. I have seen many users here complaining about the dereriorating quality of the magazine articles.

Send them an email as a dissatisfied customer. Lets see what happends.

coming back to the topic of kinetic bikes. I think their bikes section never tookoff to give them information enough of what the consumers really need. I read somewhere that Kinetic has lost a lot of money in the bikes segment

while the gearless market is the star segment for them. dunno about bikes but kinetic sure knows things about gearless 2-wheelers.
Old 12th April 2006, 08:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid
The GF170 was just an over-bored design on the crappy Indian GF125 and the head was designed by the great raj hingrooni. The bikes run like **** and also have really sad fuel efficiency.
wasnt this the one with the 4 valve head??
Old 12th April 2006, 16:38   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
wasnt this the one with the 4 valve head??
yup..it was the same GF125's 4-valve head with a bigger dome!
Old 13th April 2006, 08:56   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think the gf125 was pretty good engined bike which died a dogs death due to kinetics brand image. It had the most advanced motor in India at the time of its launch but a 125cc bike against cbz's 157cc engine couldnt hold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks