Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 13:28   #721
BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
AFAIK I don't think, you have any choice for the odd size TVS uses for its scooters.
Sir,
bit search on Amazon.in, cardekho.com, changemytyre.com gave me several options, did I miss something ?. But Im not sure which one to buy, so seeking valuable inputs, thanks.

TVS Conta 550 (My Wego's OEM tyre)
Apollo Actizip S2
Michelin City Pro
Ceat Zoom D, Secura Neo
Metro Faccina
Birla Roadmax
JK Blaze
Ralco Blaster-S
MRF Zapper FG
MMG

regards,
Pranav
Old 22nd July 2017, 15:40   #722
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Sir,
bit search on Amazon.in, cardekho.com, changemytyre.com gave me several options, did I miss something ?. But Im not sure which one to buy, so seeking valuable inputs, thanks.

TVS Conta 550 (My Wego's OEM tyre)
Apollo Actizip S2
Michelin City Pro

regards,
Pranav
Bro, TVS uses 12 inch diameter tyres where as the other manufacturers use 10 inch tyres. I can assure you that Michelin and mrf do not have scooter tyre's with 12 inch diameter, please check the size and order
Old 25th July 2017, 19:15   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bro, TVS uses 12 inch diameter tyres where as the other manufacturers use 10 inch tyres. I can assure you that Michelin and mrf do not have scooter tyre's with 12 inch diameter, please check the size and order
MRF zapper is available in 12 inch sizes. Saw one being fitted to a jupiter last week at MRF dealership. IMO, MRF is the best bet when it comes to scooter tyres.
Old 26th July 2017, 00:00   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi Friends,

kindly suggest good tyres for TVS Wego. The specs are 90/90 12 (54J / tubeless) for front & rear. The daily run is very low, hardly 2-5 KMs.

regards,
Pranav
Quote:
I can assure you that Michelin and mrf do not have scooter tyre's with 12 inch diameter, please check the size and order
Michelin do have a 90/90-12 54J tyre in their portfolio. Do check with your local dealer.

http://motorcycle.michelin.in/michelin-city-pro
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 09:59   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Michelin do have a 90/90-12 54J tyre in their portfolio. Do check with your local dealer.

http://motorcycle.michelin.in/michelin-city-pro
as I wrote earlier, Im very sure that many companies DO have this specs. My question is, which one would be really good ? Any experience ? I plan to change in near future.
Old 28th September 2017, 14:58   #726
BHPian

Help me choose between the following for my Suzuki zeus

Front 2.75 18. Ceat Secura Zoom or Michelin Sirac Street
Rear 3 18 Ceat Gripp or Michelin Sirac Street

Priority: Comfort and grip.

Price and durability not a concern.

Last edited by ravradha : 28th September 2017 at 15:05. Reason: Added Details
Old 30th September 2017, 18:10   #727
BHPian

My tyres were 10 years old. The treads were intact. The mechanic told it'll easily come for another 2 years.

Went ahead and changed based on multiple feedback on this thread.

New tyres..

Front 2.75 18 ... Ceat Secure Zoom @ Rs. 1500

Rear 3 18 .... Michelin Sirac Street @ 1650

No fixing charges. The rims and breaks were serviced.

What a difference after the change. Excellent grip. Confident turning. Breaking as it should be.

Any one having any doubt on when to change your tyres even if the treads are OK... I would suggest after 5 years.
ravradha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 20:33   #728
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Michelin Sirac Street 100/90-18 from Amazon for Rs 1540 after cashback. The rear tyres on my RX badly needed replacement. The Michelin M45 on it are over 9 years old, they've become hard and pretty much bald!

I've had this tyre on my RD before and I did not like it. Only reason I bought it was the price and this included the tube as well! Tyre was made in Week 12, 2017 which is not bad at all.
Old 9th October 2017, 10:16   #729
BANNED

Need tires for Bajaj Pulsar 220.

Priority goes for Excellent Grip, tire life is not much of a concern. Currently running Ceat Zoom(6k old) at both ends, decent tire but recently have started to break traction under hard braking, hence the thought for replacement.

Due to there not being decent tires in Stock size as per my knowledge, I'd be fine with having to upsize, performance loss wouldn't be much of a concern as I run 40T at rear.

Current considerations are:

1. Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 (Front 110 and Rear 140)
2. Michelin Pilot Street (Front 110 and Rear 130)

Please share your experiences with the above tires and also provide alternate suggestions if you feel so. P220 owners who've upsized please do share your experience.
Old 9th October 2017, 11:02   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Need tires for Bajaj Pulsar 220.

Current considerations are:

1. Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 (Front 110 and Rear 140)
2. Michelin Pilot Street (Front 110 and Rear 130)

Please share your experiences with the above tires and also provide alternate suggestions if you feel so.
Not a p220 owner but based on your requirements check psd too.
I just changed the tyres of the ninja 250 to another set of pirelli speed demons. Loved their performance over all kinds of terrain and they never let me down. They lasted me about 12k kms and the front did have about 1500 odd kms of life left probably but I decided to change both.
Bought from globe enterprises karol bagh for 4300 a pair (2500 and 1800 i think for rear and front). Size 110 70 17 front and 140 70 17 rear.

Last edited by sammyboy : 9th October 2017 at 11:29.
Old 12th October 2017, 12:36   #731

What is the treadlife that we can expect from Pirelli Diablo Rosso II on a RC200?

Pirelli claims DR2s are bi compound tyres with hard rubber in the centre for better mileage.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:10   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bought a Michelin Sirac Street 100/90-18 from Amazon for Rs 1540 after cashback. The rear tyres on my RX badly needed replacement.
Appears to be a good deal - I had replaced the rear tyre of my Gladiator with the same tyre (size 3.00 x 18) a week ago. Cost of tyre + tube was Rs. 1,650/-. Purchased from a local dealer (in interior Tamil Nadu). Mfg Date 25/17. Price increase due to GST?

My earlier tyres were Dunlop - which had lasted almost 25000 kms over five years.

Main reason for buying Michelin was that :
(a) Dunlop / CEAT - which I prefer - wasn't available;
(b) Cost of Michelin was same as that of MRF (which I didn't like - no particular reason); and
(c) the tread pattern was visibly better. (In fact tyre appears to be slightly fatter than the regular 3.00x18 tyres)

In fact, after fitting, I feel that the braking has improved - not just because the tread pattern are new but because the bike feels more stable while braking (especially on wet surfaces). Thinking of changing the front too....
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 18:56   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bought a Michelin Sirac Street 100/90-18 from Amazon for Rs 1540 after cashback. The rear tyres on my RX badly needed replacement. The Michelin M45 on it are over 9 years old, they've become hard and pretty much bald!

I've had this tyre on my RD before and I did not like it. Only reason I bought it was the price and this included the tube as well!
Two weeks on and I don't like these tyres at all. I hold the bike in 2nd gear doing 40 and whack it open, the rear steps out. This is something that wouldn't happen even with the balding M45.

I was in a dilemma on what to get for my Apache's rear tyre since it needs the same size. Today I saw something interesting :

Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-06.jpg

It's a brand new Michelin M45 3.25x18! Immediately picked it up and I couldn't be happier
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:28   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two weeks on and I don't like these tyres at all. I hold the bike in 2nd gear doing 40 and whack it open, the rear steps out
Oh! I thought it was happening only to me - checked the chain, brakes, rubber dampers - but nothing was wrong.

Reduced the tyre pressure to 32 psi (from 35 psi) and avoiding quick acceleration to avoid the problem.

Guess the pattern of the tyre could be the reason. It does give a better braking and better grip on wet roads, though (two days back, the sky opened up and all the roads filled up; but had no problems when wading through water or driving on wet roads).

One item which remains to be seen is whether the tube has been inserted correctly - any twist in the tube or its improper seating and even the valve not inserted properly, could also have an effect on the tyre rotation.

Last edited by vrprabhu : 23rd October 2017 at 10:31.
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:36   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Two weeks on and I don't like these tyres at all. I hold the bike in 2nd gear doing 40 and whack it open, the rear steps out. This is something that wouldn't happen even with the balding M45.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Oh! I thought it was happening only to me - checked the chain, brakes, rubber dampers - but nothing was wrong.
Ditto here! I too had changed my Apache's rear tyre to Michelin Street Sirac 100/90 R17 and front tyre to Michelin Pilot Sporty 90/90 R17 one year ago, and it behaves exactly like you guys have described above.

Will try what vrprabhu has suggested w.r.t the tyre pressure and use 25/32 instead of 28/35 psi.

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks