Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 20:06   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazingandy View Post
I have a Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi (the version with the spoke rims not the alloys)...I have had a set of MRP Zappers on them for like 7 years (35,000 km) and think that,s its high time I changed the tires. I have had a look at a few shops and based on my usage and budget I have a few options and want your advise on what would be the best tyre.
Hi @Amazingandy,

Instead of MRF Nylogrip Zappers, try the MRF Mogrip Trye as your bike's rear tyre & Zapper FM for the front. I'm using the Moto-D (100/90-17) on my P150 & believe me I have always experienced wonderful grip from these tryes.

The Ceat ones are also good tyres for the rear (my brother's Fiero F2 had the same) & these served him very well.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th March 2013 at 09:26. Reason: quoted text shortened.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 09:20   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
When i had my Suzuki Fiero, i switched the tires to Michelin M35 in the front and Michelin Sirac Street in the rear. Made a world of a difference. Cornering and leaning in was so much fun with these tires. Cost me 3.5k for the tires and tubes 2 yrs back with bill.
@n_aditya
thanks a lot for the suggestions, will check out the Michelins, and hopefully they are still available in the market.
Old 14th March 2013, 01:57   #168
BHPian

Tyres for RE Standard 350

Hey guys need help.

I'm finally to go in for a tyre change in my RE & don't really want to go in for the ribbed ones. I'm considering the following option:

Front: 100/90-19 (only available in IRC)
Rear: 110/90-18 (downsizing the rear rim to 18 inches)

As per my calculation, since the overall diameter in case of stock tyres is 3.25+3.25+19=25.50 inches (both front & rear) and in case of opting for 110/90-18 at rear, the overall diameter would be 3.89+3.89+18=25.79 inches, about the same as stock. I think it won't alter the overall gear ratio? Please suggest whether it'll work right or will I still need to go in for a sprocket change? Plus in case I opt for downsizing the rim, would the 18 inch rim of CL350 work in place of a 19 inch one??

Another question- Is IRC 110/90-19 available anywhere in Delhi?? If this size is available then I wouldn't need to change to 18 inches at rear. If anyone knows a dealer for the same kindly provide the contact. Thanks.
Old 14th March 2013, 13:53   #169
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyres for RE Standard 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek24x View Post
Hey guys need help.
Another question- Is IRC 110/90-19 available anywhere in Delhi?? If this size is available then I wouldn't need to change to 18 inches at rear. If anyone knows a dealer for the same kindly provide the contact. Thanks.
Hi @abhishek24x try Royalenfieldzone or Mahalakshmiauto in Karol Bagh, New Delhi. IMO there you could get the 110/90-19 tyre for rear.
Old 19th March 2013, 13:49   #170
BHPian

Hi guyz, I own Apache RTR 160 and you all know how bad the tires are!
I experience many a times wobble and feel that the wheels are getting locked. I have no confidence at all in corners and even on straight lines I am feeling this strange behavior of wheels behaving on their own

Can you please tell me what might be wrong? TIA
Old 19th March 2013, 15:15   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
I experience many a times wobble and feel that the wheels are getting locked. I have no confidence at all in corners and even on straight lines I am feeling this strange behavior of wheels behaving on their own

Can you please tell me what might be wrong? TIA
I believe those are Eurogrips on your bike... I had the same experience when I had Srichakras on my Fiero. Change of tyres to Ceat did the trick.

You need to change tyres to MRF/ Ceat/ Dunlop (if you do not want to burn a hole in your pocket).
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 15:19   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I believe those are Eurogrips on your bike..
It is not Eurogrips but the same pathetic TVS Tyres on the RTR series. Change the rear ASAP to better tyres. As suggested by Cardeep, you can go with Indian makes but go for medium compound tyres to get the best of both worlds between grip and tyre life.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 15:30   #173
BHPian

Quote:
I believe those are Eurogrips on your bike... I had the same experience when I had Srichakras on my Fiero. Change of tyres to Ceat did the trick.

You need to change tyres to MRF/ Ceat/ Dunlop (if you do not want to burn a hole in your pocket).
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
It is not Eurogrips but the same pathetic TVS Tyres on the RTR series. Change the rear ASAP to better tyres. As suggested by Cardeep, you can go with Indian makes but go for medium compound tyres to get the best of both worlds between grip and tyre life.
Thank you. Can you suggest some models in MRF? Also, can I get Pirelli/ Michelin for rear at least or you don't prefer them?. The size is as follows:
Front: 90/90 x 17"
Rear: 100/80 x 18"
Old 19th March 2013, 15:34   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Can you suggest some models in MRF? Also, can I get Pirelli/ Michelin for rear at least or you don't prefer them?. The size is as follows:
Front: 90/90 x 17"
If you are happy to go for Pirellis go for them . I have the MRF Mogrips on my P150 & these stick to road very well (major portion of my daily commute is on bad/ no roads), but create hell lot noise than expected.

But, isn't your rear 110/80X18 or it is on Apache 180?

Last edited by CARDEEP : 19th March 2013 at 16:03.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:00   #175
BHPian

Quote:
If you are happy to go for Pirellis got for them . I have the MRF Mogrips on my P150 & these stick to road very well (major portion of my daily commute is on bad/ no roads), but create hell lot noise than expected.

I got the information from the website: http://www.tvsmotor.in/apache-160.asp
I guess what you specified is for RTR180. Do Pirellis have short life? I am also not sure if I have the options in this size!
Old 19th March 2013, 16:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got the information from the website: http://www.tvsmotor.in/apache-160.asp
I guess what you specified is for RTR180. Do Pirellis have short life? I am also not sure if I have the options in this size!
Pirellis are soft compound tyres as far as I know, which helps in sticking to tarmac, but tyre wear could be faster. I may be wrong as I have not used these even once & always saved money by going for the Indian makes.

Apologies... but I an not the best person to guide you on Pirellis.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very difficult to get tyres in 18" sizes currently!

Quote:
The RTR180 rear tyre is 110/80X17" and the options are better in the 17" sizes.

Quote:
Do Pirellis have short life? I am also not sure if I have the options in this size!
By short life if you mean less than 20K kms then yes. They will last you anywhere between 20-22k kms based on riding style and kind of tarmac. They are soft compound tyres and very grippy. But finding one in 18" is the challenge! All the best!
Old 26th March 2013, 07:15   #178
BHPian

Changed tyres for my Gen 1 Pulsar 200 as the MRF's have developed cracks. It is going to be 5 years of ownership in another couple of months with the Odo @ 19k kms. Went in with the stock tyre sizes itself as I did not want to remove the chain guard for an upsize.

Michelin Pilot Sporty 90/90 17 Rs. 1650
Ceat Vertigo Rage 120/80 17 Rs.2200

Michelin comes with a 3 year warranty :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle Tyres : Compared!-ceatrage.jpg  

Attached Images

smrtdvl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 13:50   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post

Michelin comes with a 3 year warranty :-)
Have you noticed any difference in the way your bike behaves now? I have the Michelin Pilot Sporty on both ends on my bike.

The grip is fantastic but now I feel the bike is very eager to lean over while cornering. It was quite unnerving initially but now I've quite got used to it. Guess its due to the 'more' rounded profile of these tires.
Old 26th March 2013, 22:29   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post

Have you noticed any difference in the way your bike behaves now? I have the Michelin Pilot Sporty on both ends on my bike.
Well it's to early to comment on the behaviour. Need to munch few more kms and will surely update it here. Btw what bike do you own? I couldn't find Michelin's for my rear :-( that's why went with Ceat cos I found MRF's to be hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks