Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 18:36   #826
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I've finally developed a strong heart my friend; I'm planning to either scrap it by 2026 or sell it for whatever I get. Brain has finally won over the heart
Oh Man!! Pain.

I hope you will enjoy riding till you part ways.

Hope she finds a new owner who will keep it well.

Curious to know the next one.
Old 7th July 2023, 20:40   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Curious to know the next one.
Sir, the new one is already here - the fatty Inty; and no, it's no way the 400 Triumph or 440 HD FOR SURE. I'll have just one & maintain it well rather than turning all 3 of them into dust bowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Hope she finds a new owner who will keep it well
Made up my mind to part with Rx as well, so I'm more concerned with Rx's owner than CBR for now

Last edited by aargee : 7th July 2023 at 20:42.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 14:41   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I've finally developed a strong heart my friend; I'm planning to either scrap it by 2026 or sell it for whatever I get. Brain has finally won over the heart
It makes ME sad that you have decided to sell/scrap your cbr. Why not keep it though ? Can renew for 5 years after fitness expiry comes. And considering your new bike is Interceptor, having cbr is a good change of style for the occasional rides and nostalgia no ?
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 16:33   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
It makes ME sad that you have decided to sell/scrap your cbr. Why not keep it though ? Can renew for 5 years after fitness expiry comes. And considering your new bike is Interceptor, having cbr is a good change of style for the occasional rides and nostalgia no ?
Sir, the problem is that, after getting used to Interceptor's torque, I've to scream CBR turning everyone on road to nuts. After experiencing the exhilaration of Inty, CBR couldn't match that feel. Although the experience of CBR 250R is radically enjoyable on ergonomics, riding style & comfort, I think I'm OK with Interceptor. CBR is put to good use of simply sitting in garage after a good service & its been months together now after taking it out. I'd rather have some 40-50K or even less for whatever it fetches rather than gaining dust. Like I said earlier, Inty is gentleman speeding while CBR is wild exhilaration; guess I'm turning into Uncle

But thanks for your kind words & support

Last edited by aargee : 9th July 2023 at 16:38.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2023, 19:27   #830
BHPian

I had a nightmare today with Honda ASC.

A CBR 250R ABS with 5k on the ODO, always parked in shade with no major scratches whatever, rarely used bike. My bike is 6.5 years old, always got it serviced at Honda ASC, no issues till date.

Due to our driver washing it everyday, I never saw him cleaning it personally, but he probably used water pipe to rinse it down everyday and the cluster died, so as usual I went to the Honda ASC (Honda Big Wing). Also had ABS light glowing, not blinking though.

Local mechanics in my area outright deny working on the bike and the people I know who work on superbikes are far away, Honda ASC is very close to us which had a separate CBR Lounge.

They put scratches on the headlight assembly (looks new, did not fade at all). Killed the plastic panels on right side, did not wash it, put scratches on new Cluster Assembly and then they claimed that the bike was old, these things happen over time and they weren't willing to accept their faults despite me having photos of the vehicles when I gave it for service at the Honda ASC.

Finally, I couldn't argue with them, placed an order for new panels that were killed and left the ASC after paying a hefty bill of 15.5k for a bike that's again rarely used.

One dialouge of theirs during our argument, " This is a discontinued model, nobody is going to service this bike for you at any Honda ASC in Hyderabad, we just thought of helping customers since they were "" SAD "" that nobody was doing it for them. This is a BIG WING ASC. " and the nonsensical arguements they had were going on. Can't list all of them here, but that was the kind of logic they had.

Also opened the old cluster after arriving at home and there was atleast 500ml of water in it.

Anybody please suggest a mechanic for CBR 250R ABS in Hyderabad, I'd like to visit the guy next time and get the repairs done under my watch.
Restart is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 19:07   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restart View Post
Wasn't 250R sold through the regular Honda motorcycle showrooms? I am not sure BigWing service centres should be accepting the bike in the first place, considering it is not part of the BigWing brand chain. Nevertheless, there have been instances where they have shown apathy; you may consider escalating it since Honda Service Centres have a pretty transparent escalation matrix with details usually listed on a poster around the customer lounge. Send your pictures as well.

That being said, enquire with the other usual Honda service centres, perhaps the ones where you have been servicing the bike before BigWing turned up. A friendly chat and humble requests will likely yield some leads regarding where to have the bike serviced and get the spares sooner. Also, consider exploring social media for bike owner groups since there you may find specific details about freelance mechanics who may work on this bike.
r2212xx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 19:30   #832
BHPian

BigWing ASC are the worst, atleast here in Bangalore (Uksoor road). I went to them for vibration on the left foot peg of my 1 year old CB H'ness 350. I even told them to check if the issue is with the chain. I got a call that the bike is ready and I can collect it. When I went there, the chain wasn't even touched and their explanation was the bike is fine and absolutely there is no problem. I had to escalate the matter even to get the basic issue sorted. Finally it was found that the issue is with the chain itself!

ASC works like a government post office, they open at 9.30 but service advisor will attend only at 9.45 onwards, their lunch break is from 1-2pm and they close by 6.30pm.

Overall BigWing ASC is the most pathetic and unconcerned attitude I have experienced when it comes to servicing.
2nd_gear_7krpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 22:11   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_gear_7krpm View Post
ASC works like a government post office, they open at 9.30 but service advisor will attend only at 9.45 onwards, their lunch break is from 1-2pm and they close by 6.30pm.

Overall BigWing ASC is the most pathetic and unconcerned attitude I have experienced when it comes to servicing.
Similar is the attitude of the BigWing here in PCMC, Pune. Service centre timing is from 09:30 IST, the mechanic and service advisor arrive about an hour late. Take their own sweet time to work on issues. Their standard response is "This is normal, their is nothing wrong with the motorcycle". After all of this, the accountant is not at his most of the time. Billing takes about an hour.

I once waiting for 4 hours just to get my motorcycle washed. They were not upfront about the TAT. They kept saying 30 mins more and then went away for lunch without letting me know

Had Honda sold the parts over-the-counter, I would have happily voided my motorcycle's warranty by servicing it from some of the best FNGs in Pune.
t3rm1n80r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 22:34   #834

Quote:
Whatever you said it’s true, earlier it was like customer satisfaction was the first priority. nowadays it is not seen in the Big brands, they just want to sell the products.

If you don’t have technical knowledge this guys will cheat you easily.

When we give our bike for service who the hell knows wether they are servicing our bike or not, even they are changing the engine oil or just washing and giving our bike.
Old 16th September 2023, 11:04   #835
BHPian

Sad to see this experience with CBR250R owners. I had to escalate to Honda using their customer care email ID about the pathetic approach taken by service advisors at Ananda Honda Bangalore Bommanahalli. Without even asking what the issues were they just said they need 5 days to give it back. That was their opening line. Not about what's wrong with the bike etc. Didn't even have a job card in hand to note things. It appears Honda is happy with selling and servicing Activa as the next person was assured same day delivery. Then why sell big bikes if you cannot service them.

Apparently in the whole of Bangalore all CBR250R have to go to this center for service. This is what their customer care person told me after I escalated it to Honda directly. They are just eager to get your business but only after escalation.

Meanwhile, if it helps folks in Bangalore, I found a place in HSR layout called Motoblazer Highlander. They take in only 200cc and above for service across brands. Booked an appointment online. Reached the place on time. SA was there in 10 minutes and noted everything with a test ride as well. I got back the bike next day evening as assured after they test rode it and billed it after I tested it. Very happy so far.

If Honda does not care about servicing what was once their flagship product why should we continue being at their mercy for maintaining our prized possessions.
Brio2014 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 12:17   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody please suggest a mechanic for CBR 250R ABS in Hyderabad, I'd like to visit the guy next time and get the repairs done under my watch.
Hello, you can try Dynamic riders, they have a team of competent mechanics.
Old 16th September 2023, 20:32   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm1n80r View Post
Similar is the attitude of the BigWing here in PCMC, Pune. Service centre timing is from 09:30 IST, the mechanic and service advisor arrive about an hour late. Take their own sweet time to work on issues. Their standard response is "This is normal, their is nothing wrong with the motorcycle". After all of this, the accountant is not at his most of the time. Billing takes about an hour.

I once waiting for 4 hours just to get my motorcycle washed. They were not upfront about the TAT. They kept saying 30 mins more and then went away for lunch without letting me know

Had Honda sold the parts over-the-counter, I would have happily voided my motorcycle's warranty by servicing it from some of the best FNGs in Pune.
I had bought my RS from the PCMC showroom too and I absolutely understand how you feel about the service there. The attitude of the managers there is a joke and they won't allow you to even sniff the service area when your bike is being worked on. I switched to the YMCA Big Wing in the main Pune city and I have to say it's a big improvement. The staff there is actually courteous and the service bay is in full view of the lounge where you can sip a coffee and watch your bike being worked upon. One of my buddies had a premature brake corrosion and they even replaced it free of cost as a good will gesture.
Aakarsh Gupta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 23:16   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

A CBR 250R ABS with 5k on the ODO, always parked in shade with no major scratches whatever, rarely used bike. My bike is 6.5 years old, always got it serviced at Honda ASC, no issues till date...
Considering you are in Hyderabad, this thread should be of help.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...50r-c-abs.html (Project Phoenix - The Tale of an abused 2011 Honda CBR 250R C-ABS)
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 00:47   #839
BHPian

Quote:
I faced similar experiences with Honda ASS in Kukatpally, Kondapur and Pratul Honda for getting my 2016 Cbr serviced. They never have spares nor could get to the route cause and the way they treat customers is awful . Just replace whatever they have handy and bill the customer. I did have a half decent experience with Fortune Honda but they seem to never have spares handy though the mechanic was good ( last went 3 years ago. ) The primary reason I stuck with these service centers was to maintain the service records and my assumption of efficient service with easier availability of spares but that never turned out to be the case and service records mean nothing when the bike itself doesn’t run the way it should. I would rather sell it off for few thousands less in future, than worry about maintaining service records.

I thought to get it serviced outside from reputed garages, tried a couple but had bitter experiences there as well. Shared the list of issues and they promise to deliver on a certain date but that never happens and upon receiving, half the issues reported won’t get solved stating this is common and it’s in spec, we can get it done later. But the bill goes over the roof. Totally not worth going to so called reputed garages at least in Hyderabad as the time and money spent for a 250 class isn’t worth for getting half work done. (Might work for superbikes)

I resorted to doing basic service myself by procuring spares in advance for regular maintenance and for things I couldn’t get my hands dirty, I happen to visit a nearby mechanic with the spares and have them take care of it. I needed to procure them myself going across service centers, requesting for the spare part numbers, check where it’s available in Hyderabad, else place an order and wait endlessly. I faced issues with oil seals, wheel bearings, coneset, gaskets, chain tensioner and shims; I was able to get them with wait times except for shims. The noise is still there and I’m yet to figure on how to get it done.

That’s the ordeal probably one has to go through for maintaining a discontinued Honda, which is neither a superbike nor an oversold commuter.

Last edited by raiuday : 17th September 2023 at 00:49.
Old 17th September 2023, 01:25   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiuday View Post
I faced similar experiences with Honda ASS in Kukatpally, Kondapur and Pratul Honda for getting my 2016 Cbr serviced. They never have spares nor could get to the route cause and the way they treat customers is awful . Just replace whatever they have handy and bill the customer.

That’s the ordeal probably one has to go through for maintaining a discontinued Honda, which is neither a superbike nor an oversold commuter.
Hi raiuday.

The user "swiftnfurious" has posted a post just above yours, which has a link to my thread. You'll find the answer to the shim job there.

Happy biking!
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks