Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2022, 09:38   #796

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Hello brothers. Have anyone faced gear slipping problem in cbr250 c-abs. While accelerating normally through the gears, suddenly you have a false neutral with a loud sound. I don't own the bike anymore but i still have it in mind and not seen any threads or reviews anywhere. Mine was a second hand bike which had run nearly 3000km and used it till 12k before selling it. It used to happen on long rides and i ride it normally, no rash driving.
Old 8th December 2022, 13:36   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaison View Post
Hello brothers. Have anyone faced gear slipping problem in cbr250 c-abs
Have a STD C250R here for quite sometime now, nothing of that sort observed until now nor heard. Issue must be one of a kind or subpar maintenance or ASC's inefficiency or one or more combination.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 13:59   #798

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Have a STD C250R here for quite sometime now, nothing of that sort observed until now nor heard. Issue must be one of a kind or subpar maintenance or ASC's inefficiency or one or more combination.
From the service centre i was told not keep my finger on the lever after shifting. It only happened during upshifts. It was so disheartening when it slipps out. I did not see any such problems mentioned elsewhere. I did change the shims as was told,but the sound was so different when it heated up(loud). Anyway i sold it off but still have memories and now i wish i hadn't. Thanks.
Old 9th December 2022, 11:51   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaison View Post
From the service centre i was told not keep my finger on the lever after shifting. It only happened during upshifts. It was so disheartening when it slipps out. I did not see any such problems mentioned elsewhere. I did change the shims as was told,but the sound was so different when it heated up(loud). Anyway i sold it off but still have memories and now i wish i hadn't. Thanks.
Gear slipping will have to do either with the gearbox or with the clutch plates/assembly.
Nothing to do with shims AFAIK.
Hope you were using 10w30 or 10w40 engine oil only.
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:35   #800
BHPian

Hi, has anyone in this forum installed a top box rack on CBR250r? If done what is the source and price of the same? As per my knowledge a good top box rack is not available in India and imported ones like GIVI etc. are costing upwards of 15K. Any updates are appreciated.
Old 12th December 2022, 09:44   #801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh2M View Post
Hi, has anyone in this forum installed a top box rack on CBR250r? If done what is the source and price of the same? As per my knowledge a good top box rack is not available in India and imported ones like GIVI etc. are costing upwards of 15K. Any updates are appreciated.
Please disregard if my practical suggestion if you disagree emotionally to it

Pls don't spend anymore on your 10+ year old C250R. Better upgrade to any suitable ADV middle weights or G 310GS or VStorm SX that should give you plenty of options.

In the stop gap of upgrade or switch over, a large saddle bag with stay should take care upto a 2 weeks road trip.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 13:33   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh2M View Post
One of my friends who owns a REPSOL Edition has installed the below, he is satisfied with the product.

https://hyperrider.in/product/honda-...d-saddle-stay/
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:36   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
That's how it has been with my stock NA CBR from Day1. Front brakes are sharp and do the job.
Rear brakes, well. I won't call it brakes - it seems like stepping on a block of wood. No feel or braking effect.

I had mentioned it earlier too on this thread as one of my grouses with an otherwise brilliant bike.
Anyway, my workaround was to not use the rear and stick to front alone - works well for my use.
Quick update on the Vesrah ceramic rear brake pads.

I see good improvement in the braking now, initial few months was nothing great however after a recent 200kms ride where i could do triple digit speeds for long i purposely applied rear brakes at some empty stretches, idea was to scrub off the surface hoping to improve braking, since then i see very good improvement in the braking response.

Pedal feel more or less remains same but the vehicle does stop well now.
even in short rides (without pad heating to optimum temperature) i can feel improved performance.

I got the set for 2300rs, but replaced only the rear as of now.

may be you would want to give it a try.

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st February 2023 at 09:05. Reason: typo
Gaur is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 18:04   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
While changing engine oil at a local garage, the mechanic observed oil leak (although slow leak) from the engine top cover area. He is saying the O-ring has gone bust. Now, I am wondering if this is the reason I need to top up engine oil by 70-100 mL every 1000 kms. Honestly, I am not sure how long this has been going on. If anyone can help with the part number for the O-ring seal, that'll be helpful.
I forgot to give an update on this. Last month, just before new year, I got this fixed at PGL Honda service center, Bhubaneshwar. The entire process involved removing the side fairings, fuel tank, throttle body and air filter assembly so as to access the cylinder head. The mechanic was experienced and he wrapped up the job in just over an hour. Labour charge was Rs 450 + 18% GST which also included coolant replacement.

Right after, I replaced engine oil with Motul 7100 10W40 (first time using this oil) and went on a 2500 km trip last week. After 1200 kms, I only observed a slight drop in engine oil level, like 40-50 mL (which I think is normal). Before this repair, I used to top up 50-60 mL of engine oil every 700 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratan Prabhu View Post
Maybe this part is what you were referring ? (Pic is from the parts catalogue I shared above)
This is the part (item number 3 in the image) that was used for replacement. The most likely reason for this part going bad was 8 months of my bike being standstill during covid in 2020, due to which the rubber material dried, hardened and ultimately became a source of slow oil leak.

Last edited by siddhant : 31st January 2023 at 18:32.
siddhant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 15:45   #805
Senior - BHPian

Got a message that CBR 250R can now be serviced at BigWing Honda going forward. Would like to check with owners, fellow riders & friends from other cities if this is applicable for you as well as I'm unsure if this Dealer or Manufacturer initiative please. Tks
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-c1.jpg  

Old 9th February 2023, 12:00   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Got a message that CBR 250R can now be serviced at BigWing Honda going forward. Would like to check with owners, fellow riders & friends from other cities if this is applicable for you as well as I'm unsure if this Dealer or Manufacturer initiative please. Tks
My regular Honda ASC (not BigWing) doesn't have any idea about this.
If it turns to to be applicable for all BigWings, it will be a good news as I like to believe that the Honda mechanics who work on bikes like CB350, CB300R, CBR650R/F and Fireblade will be much more knowledgeable compared to the Regular Honda mechanics who are used to getting Activas and Unicorns regularly. So wouldn't mind paying the high labour charges of BigWing if the service quality is better. Not to mention higher availability of spares (if that happens to be the case in BW)
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:36   #807
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, I am getting a 2015 Model CBR 250 for Rs 70,000. Vehicle is 1st Owner, Company Serviced and Genuine 14,000 Kms Run. Is it a fair price or I should negotiate further?

I do have a few more questions :

1) How is the seating position on the bike, I like a relaxed seating position, currently own a Avenger 150.

2) Are there any specific issues I should check?

3) How is the stability of the bike on highways? I have owned a Duke 390 earlier and never liked its highway stability, the front of the vehicle at high speeds always felt like it was gliding over the road, in that aspect is the handling confidence inspiring?
Old 9th February 2023, 16:15   #808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
1) How is the seating position on the bike, I like a relaxed seating position, currently own a Avenger 150
Cannot expect the comfort of Avenger because Avenger is cruiser, the most comfortable one while CBR is sports tourer; but certainly better than more aggressive stance motorcycles such as R15 & rides way smoother than many straight sitting posture motorcycles as well

Quote:
2) Are there any specific issues I should check?
Best option will be is to take to the ASC where you intent to get the motorcycle serviced & ask their opinion because you're limited to inspect visually on tires, paints, speedo; a faulty O2 sensor or suspensions can be verified only with a long run; a weak rocker arm or chain tensioner or even a cracked alloy wheel is extremely difficult to gauge right at this stage.

Quote:
3) How is the stability of the bike...in that aspect is the handling confidence inspiring?
It will be totally awesome on highways; a steady 105 Kmph will also ensure a fat wallet & a good balance on speed, FE, comfort & fun.
Old 9th February 2023, 16:36   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, I am getting a 2015 Model CBR 250 for Rs 70,000. Vehicle is 1st Owner, Company Serviced and Genuine 14,000 Kms Run. Is it a fair price or I should negotiate further?
ABS or Non ABS ?

If it is an ABS model and going by your description of the bike being genuine 14k kms and well maintained, it is a good deal. If it is a Non ABS variant, there is room to negotiate a bit.

However, get it inspected by Honda ASC as RG said and take a test ride, if you absolutely love it, go for it.

Don't let 7-8k of negotiation be a deal breaker if you love the bike after a test ride (assuming ASC mechanic gives a thumbs up too)
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 19:21   #810
Senior - BHPian

Thank you @aargee & @Ratan Prabhu for your valuable inputs. I will check the bike tomorrow morning and update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks