Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 18:26   #706
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

I'm in Pune right now, to address this wobbling issue, does anyone here know any really really good workshop in Pune which will properly diagnose the issue in one go and sort it out?

One time expensive costs for diagnosis + labour + replacement if any would be bearable than 5 times going around beating the bush by other workshops.
Old 11th April 2022, 19:29   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
I'm in Pune right now, to address this wobbling issue, does anyone here know any really really good workshop in Pune which will properly diagnose the issue in one go and sort it out?

One time expensive costs for diagnosis + labour + replacement if any would be bearable than 5 times going around beating the bush by other workshops.
Go for Shree Byke Point, run by Prasad Bapat. I came to know about him from a CBR 250R Pune Facebook group and he was highly recommended by the members. I personally have asked him for advice once or twice over the phone on some issues and he was quite helpful.

Only thing is, his workshop is in PCMC and it can be a bit far if you're staying around east Pune.
siddhant is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 20:41   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
Pune.
Thanks for the link. The reviews seem to be very good and he himself owns a CBR it seems. Will visit soon.

I stay in Baner, so it's not really far for me.
ManasN95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 16:42   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the link. The reviews seem to be very good and he himself owns a CBR it seems. Will visit soon.

I stay in Baner, so it's not really far for me.
Hey, I can also vouch for Prasad Bapat from Shree Byke Point. He has a channel on YouTube which has some informative videos on certain issues and fixes for CBR250R as he himself has the bike. I am also part of a whatsapp group for CBR250R Maharashtra where he is present too. Let me know if you need his contact number.

Also, please do let me know what the cause and fix was for your handlebar wobbling/vibration problem. Because I have been facing handlebar vibration issue since quite some time but apparently service center mechanics say it is normal and no need to check valve clearance/shims or even the chain tensioner. So I decided to live with it as the vibes aren't too harsh (although my hand goes numb if I constantly ride at 7000+ RPMs)
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 07:06   #710
BHPian

So the mechanic whom I had given the CBR for the wobbling issue, had changed the cone set but still the bike wobbled and vibrated.

So he offered to pick up the bike again, and he said that "suspension ka out nikala hai" because the bike had fell on the ground at some point (which is true and had happened when a friend had my bike) and now the bike is rock solid and with no issues.

I'll be able to test ride the CBR tomorrow and confirm if this issue has been sorted or not.

Is this "suspension ka out nikala hai" called trueing in technical terms or anything else?
ManasN95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 09:19   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this "suspension ka out nikala hai" called trueing in technical terms or anything else?
Not really; truing is done on wheels; from what you describe, I think it's the bend probably in the fixed fork (top part of triple tee). If that part is replaced then the wobbling gets arrested (from my experience with Rx). The nightmare for C250R is, will the parts be available off the shelf?

Wheel truing example:

Last edited by aargee : 18th April 2022 at 09:21.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 13:26   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Not really;
So, I test rode the CBR. It's interestingly weird what I observed.

1. The handlebar vibrations have reduced quite a bit, almost minimal.

2. The wobbles have reduced, but are present nonetheless. The issue isn't 100% sorted.

3. I experienced a brrrrrr sound, like a pebble in a tin can, whenever I accelerated suddenly, or on a slope for example, and it was very loud and distinct. The cam chain tensioner was pointed out as the likely culprit previously. But now, all of a sudden, that noise has almost gone, a verrrrrry faint one is what I could have, that too for like just 2 seconds even when I repeatedly accelerated hard over fairly steep slopes. So I'm happy about this, I've no idea how and what happened for this noise to subside.

Guess now I'll have to take the CBR to the Shree Byke Point suggested to rectify the wobbling issue once and for all.
Old 18th April 2022, 16:35   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. I experienced a brrrrrr sound, like a pebble in a tin can, whenever I accelerated suddenly, or on a slope for example, and it was very loud and distinct
Meter console? Could you check if it resonates from the windshield, meter console areas? Because mine started generating such sounds around 40K marks around these places & I've also witnessed from the fairing areas as well. Mostly occurs due to negligent ASC putting back the parts in hurry.
Old 18th April 2022, 22:32   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Meter console?
I doubt, because that annoying sound comes only when I accelerate abruptly from a constant speed or if I'm on a upward slope and I accelerate - which was pointed to the cam chain tensioner.

But I'll definitely have a check at the meter, but the thing is, the sound has 99% vanished all of a sudden
Old 24th April 2022, 19:54   #715
Senior - BHPian

While getting the oil & filter changed two days ago by Sunjay of F Motors (Palluruthy, Kochi), also got the following done :
1) Front disc pads changed with OE pads. After 8 years & 23000kms, they were almost worn away.

2) Got the chain & sprockets replaced with RK Japan set. Can totally feel the difference.

This is the 2nd service I am getting done by Sunjay & I am totally impressed with his workmanship & attention to detail.
Thanks krishnaprasad for recommending him.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-5d620556ecd043a9aa6f17280700344a.jpeg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-e948ec7406a949389cf51713f1fd1d7a.jpeg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-9bb15363800c4c6481996cbdf6a84c5f.jpeg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-f5535389402c499a91ae24e87ad6ebb4.jpeg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-607cf0e66deb47d6aeb4ce059070e002.jpeg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-3991c75057c14835836e24541ca63560.jpeg

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 24th April 2022 at 19:55.
supremeBaleno is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 00:49   #716
BHPian

Hi guys, is it advisable to go for a CBR 250 as a used bike? I have a budget of under 80k and found a few all the way from 45k to 1.2 lacs. The cheapest ones are the early ones with the VFR dual tone colours, which I love. Problem is that they all look tatty and second owner used, probably by college kids who ride in slippers while weaving in the traffic like maniacs.
I also found a single owner one for 75k no negotiation, 2015 one with not a lot of kilometres.
It’s a bit pricey compared to the chapri ones but the biggest issue for me is that it doesn’t have the dual tone red and silver VfR colours.
Anyway, what would you guys suggest, should I get the chapri one for cheap and try to restore it or a nice one for almost twice the price or just not go for the CBR for whatever reason?
Old 25th April 2022, 07:11   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Hi guys, is it advisable to go for a CBR 250 as a used bike? I have a budget of under 80k and found a few all the way from 45k to 1.2 lacs. The cheapest ones are the early ones with the VFR dual tone colours, which I love. Problem is that they all look tatty and second owner used, probably by college kids who ride in slippers while weaving in the traffic like maniacs.
I also found a single owner one for 75k no negotiation, 2015 one with not a lot of kilometres.
It’s a bit pricey compared to the chapri ones but the biggest issue for me is that it doesn’t have the dual tone red and silver VfR colours.
Anyway, what would you guys suggest, should I get the chapri one for cheap and try to restore it or a nice one for almost twice the price or just not go for the CBR for whatever reason?
Hello there. I have purchased my CBR 250R C-ABS in Sept of 2020 during the lockdown, and had got a pretty good deal on it. The bike was actually listed for 60k, but once we test rode the bike, i knew the bike had a pending shim replacement job and a cam chain tensioner replacement. And the tyres were hanging on for dear life. so we bargained and got it down to 50k.

When me and my dad were hunting for bikes, we found a very neat example of a black-silver C-ABS model, 25k run for 80k. We were almost about to finalise the deal if he had budged down to 70k. We had left it because it was too pricey at that point.

The only reason i even considered this bike is because I am a heavy build person (6ft, 110kg) and this machine has the power to pull me all day long at triple digit speeds (its got 26hp). The highest i've done on this is 120kmph. Its beginner friendly, but sometimes its just a bit too much to take u-turns or balance it after coming to a sudden stop.

Even though i am the second owner for this bike, I plan to retain the bike with myself, with zero intentions to ever sell it again. Its that good. There's nothing like it on the present market. I have planned headlight upgrades, an engine rebuild and tyre replacement for this machine. Why, do you ask me? I'd say it's worth it.

I am keen on keeping this bike because i want to restore it to its former glory. If you want to save yourself all this trouble and want a rev-happy reliable AF machine, go for it.

To start you off, Team-BHP has @aargee sir's most extensive CBR thread. Its better than the owner's manual that you'll get with the bike. Go to the search section and enter the terms aargee cbr. You'll find it.

And xBhp has this thread : https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general...r-250r-11.html
This thread shows all the potential problems you could face during your ownership and understand what's best for your ride in the process. I had extensively digested these threads before i bought mine.

A few pictures, for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_20210901_090701.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_4300_1.jpg  

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_20211106_035555.jpg  

saitvsk23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 11:02   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
The red/silver one you talking about is from 2011-2012. That color stopped in late 2012 although some got it in 2013 too if it was in stock at the showrooms. Basically, if you find that color in the used bike market, it will be a 10 year old bike which I will strongly advise not to go for regardless of the price (unless the owner is someone you can trust and has the bike in very good condition with proper service history)

The 2015 CBR you mentioned worth 75k is the one should consider as it is just 7 yrs old and not a lot of KMs as you said. I hope it is the ABS model though. Otherwise, 75k is pricey.

Take a test ride, ask for service history. If you serious about the purchase and intend to keep the bike for a long time, get it checked at the nearest Honda ASC for any issues.

Ensure the brake pads as well as tyres have sufficient life left. Because a set of tyres would cost you minimum 6k for a pair of bias ply MRFs and a pair of C-ABS brake pads would cost you 4k including labour.

The above, if not in good condition will get you a good negotiation point to bring the price down by a good 5k if not more.
Ratan Prabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 07:27   #719
BHPian

Thanks for the reply guys, after your feedback I have decided to only look for nice ones rather than get a tatty one and spend money to bring it back. Unfortunately haven’t been able to find a single ABS one right now.
Good to see a tall heavy person comfy on a CBR, as I am one too.

Last edited by Doge : 26th April 2022 at 07:29.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 17:28   #720
BHPian

I think I will keep bumping this thread until I find my bike, maybe even long after lol.
I wanted to know if there is a CBR whatsapp group around? If there is one and someone is a part of it, please PM me
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks