Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 07:58   #571
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Need a reliable mechanic contact for my CBR250R.

Anybody know of a trustworthy and thorough mechanic for the CBR in the Mumbai Suburbs.
Hi, I was in the same boat as yours, and on googling for the same, believe me, I held a lot of calls to judge the overall communication for building a trust, I came across a garage called DesiMechi at Andheri.

They seem be a well set up, knowledgeable people, especially Vijay who spoke with me. He understood all the things I discussed and I have good vibes about the place. They also offer pick up and drop, so you being in Mumbai, can avail that too.

I'm *yet* to service my CBR, but you can call them up, give them a try.

I've a couple of other options, but they're in Kurla and Thane area.

If you do go ahead with anyone, please post a review.
ManasN95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 08:01   #572
BHPian

Hi, on looking for the source of the handlebar wobbling, which is mild, but present nonetheless, I came to know from a mechanic that my front tyre is on it's last legs; probably another 1500-2000 KMs or so. Current odometer stands at 11800.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_20210602_185034.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_20210602_185018_1.jpg

Any suggestions for the front?

Apollo H1 have been suggested, any other options I should look out for?
ManasN95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:34   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Hi, on looking for the source of the handlebar wobbling, which is mild, but present nonetheless, I came to know from a mechanic that my front tyre is on it's last legs; probably another 1500-2000 KMs or so. Current odometer stands at 11800.

Any suggestions for the front?

Apollo H1 have been suggested, any other options I should look out for?
Hope I've not jumped here to haunt again, you can try Masseters

110/70-17 MFX

140/70-17 MSX-MCT

Masseter's are bias ply and not radial, same setup as the stock, bias ply are compartively cheaper, but you pay extra for the radial for what they are, improved contact patch, softer ride quality and just a sticker on a tire that reads radial is satisfying. (just kiddn)

Cheers!
VJ
Old 6th June 2021, 20:46   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
you can try Masseters
But why? Michelin is not only Rs 700 cheaper, but we all know former is miles ahead superior to dear MRF; hence asking why?
Old 7th June 2021, 00:38   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
But why? Michelin is not only Rs 700 cheaper, but we all know former is miles ahead superior to dear MRF; hence asking why?
aargee, how are you? Long time, hope all is safe on your side. Well, Manas had already DM'ed me and the above options was listed by me, including the prices. Since he wanted a few more options, added one, so that he makes his own decision.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 14:38   #576
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Please suggest alternative Front Turn Indicators for the CBR250R, I'd need to display the motorcycle to the RTO for transfer purposes and I've been informed to bring a stock motorcycle, but the motorcycle currently has flush mounted indicators installed.

Hence kindly suggest a suitable alternative that offers a near stock look to the motorcycle.

P.S. CBR250R Stock Indicators are out of stock everywhere.

Thanks in advance,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 14:56   #577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Hi Guys,

Please suggest alternative Front Turn Indicators for the CBR250R, I'd need to display the motorcycle to the RTO for transfer purposes and I've been informed to bring a stock motorcycle, but the motorcycle currently has flush mounted indicators installed.

Hence kindly suggest a suitable alternative that offers a near stock look to the motorcycle.

Thanks in advance,
A.P.
Not too sure, but the Honda Unicorn's indicators 'look' very similar to the one on the CBR250R. Even if is not a direct fit, you should be able to manage the fitness test with them.
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 15:09   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front or rear or all 4 please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
aargee, how are you? Long time, hope all is safe on your side
Dangerously close to being fantabulous Trust everything is safe with you & yours

Last edited by aargee : 29th July 2021 at 15:10.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 15:22   #579
BANNED

Quote:
Front or rear or all 4 please?
Front Indicators.

Though if there are suitable rear ones as well then I'd not mind buying and keeping a spare set just in case.

P.S. This is what she looks like now;

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210727wa0042.jpg

Thanks in advance.
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 29th July 2021 at 15:24.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 15:43   #580
Senior - BHPian

The OE Exide battery of my 2014 CBR250 gave up last week. Replaced it with a new Amaron Pro Rider AP-BTZ7L.
After reducing 150 for the old battery, paid Rs1550.

The manufacture code being 2013, it lasted 8 years which is the highest battery life I have ever got in a car/bike.
Looks like sparingly used cars/bikes get the max battery life - the bike has done just 20000kms in 7 years.
My Dad & FIL's car batteries routinely last ~6 years, while I barely get 4 years in my regularly running Baleno.

PS : Had to try a few stores before I could get the battery. Was told CBR250 batteries are not in stock.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 16:34   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
PS : Had to try a few stores before I could get the battery. Was told CBR250 batteries are not in stock.
That is true; I suffered a little to buy one somewhere between Feb-Apr 2021. Out of frustration, I started walking into every Exide dealer one by one & fortunately I was able to get hold of Exide XLTZ7 on the 3rd shop I visited. I think I paid some 1.6K or so after exchanging the old one.

OE lasting 8 years...you're very very lucky person

Quote:
Though if there are suitable rear ones as well then I'd not mind buying and keeping a spare set just in case.
Arranged all 4 OE; I will be buying them on 31-Aug. When do you intent to visit RTO? If it's post Aug 15, then I can save some shipping charges for you as well

Last edited by aargee : 29th July 2021 at 16:37.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:07   #582
BANNED

Quote:
Arranged all 4 OE; I will be buying them on 31-Aug. When do you intent to visit RTO? If it's post Aug 15, then I can save some shipping charges for you as well
Thank you! If it's not too much trouble may I trouble you in sourcing a fuel filter or two as well.

Every other consumable had been changed by Shaan when the motorcycle was with him at Hyderabad.

I tried to source a few consumables was successful in getting grips and throttle cables but no luck with the fuel filter.

The appointment with RTO is said to be around the 1st of August, for that I'm guessing I'll manage with the anything from some other Hero or Honda, the one below a friend shared is from Passion Pro;

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210729wa0072.jpg

I'm hoping that would be enough to pass the inspection.

After that I'd be taking apart a few things and would change to original indicators then.

The headlight was a LED one which was useless, I scrapped it the moment I got the bike and installed a spare from the Alto.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210727230022.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210727225956.jpg

I have to say, swapping out the LED for a Halogen was a piece of cake, compared to this on my P220 I'd have to remove the fuel tank to change my headlight bulbs.

Will keep sharing developments, also I sense you're planning on a ride to KL. If so please do share dates!

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 21:46   #583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Front Indicators.

P.S. This is what she looks like now;

Attachment 2185324
A.P.
Saw this on Amazon, shape is same as stock ones.

A2D Orginal Style OEM Bike Front Turn Inidicators Orange/Amber Light Set Of 2 For Honda CBR-250 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B075MHZVJL/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th July 2021 at 21:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 09:42   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you! If it's not too much trouble may I trouble you in sourcing a fuel filter or two as well
Not a trouble, but only thing is, if fuel filter is not available off the shelf then I've to come with only 4 turn lights as I see there's not enough time for the ASC to procure the parts through other sources as well, they usually need couple of days to week's time for sourcing.

Once I pick the 4 turn lights for you tomorrow, I'll keep your posted.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 00:15   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Not a trouble, but only thing is, if fuel filter is not available off the shelf then I've to come with only 4 turn lights as I see there's not enough time for the ASC to procure the parts through other sources as well, they usually need couple of days to week's time for sourcing.

Once I pick the 4 turn lights for you tomorrow, I'll keep your posted.
Thank you. There is no urgency in fact the assurance of availability itself is enough to keep me at ease cause spare availability here is nothing but pathetic. If bringing indicators alone are a concern then I'm more than glad to have everything couriered together as during today's trials I figured that I'd need to order one more part.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-screenshot_2021073023551106_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Namely Part 2 and 4.

The previous owner and mechanic are to blame due installing the crappy flush mounted indicators and LED Headlight. The bullet connectors of the these Chinese accessories are of inferior quality and it is no surprise that I found the male connector lodged inside one of the female connectors on the harness side.

But what really caught my by surprise was the shear carelessness/laziness of the mechanic who fixed the issue by splicing the indicator wire to connect it to the bare wire lead of the Indicator.

I for one cannot respect a mechanic with such shoddy workmanship.

Not to mention the splicing was so poorly done that even looking at it makes me sad.

Anyhow I was able to find alternative indicators for the CBR.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210730144910.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img20210730234314.jpg

These would do to pass the inspection I believe, these are from the Honda Dream Yuga and a direct fit on the CBR.

Only concern I have with Honda is that they do no sell the Indicator's Nut along with the indicator. Which makes absolutely no sense and that makes sense cause the Nut wasn't available anywhere. The reason I mentioned the Nut is cause the flush mounted indicators had different size and thread nuts on each installed cross threaded ofcourse, which again speaks of the mechanics workmanship.

The only thing left was the Saree Guard and I neither for love nor for money could source one. I tried all avenues including reaching out to a handful of scrap dealers and no one could really help us.

But finally a cousin of a biker friend of mine was kind enough to lend me his which I drove about 120+ Kms just to collect and in the process had the opportunity to meetup fellow Tbhpian Pramod as well as I was instructed by a fellow biker to transport some parts to him which I presume is for an interesting rebuild.

Now why am I so concerned about the Saree Guard on a motorcycle like the CBR you may be wondering, well I'm from KL and here the RTO is very strict and I simply didn't want to risk it.

That's all for now, would post more updates as time progresses.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks