Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 21:48   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

As an experienced user, CBR 250R's stock RVM is one of THE BEST to cover the rear very adequate avoiding very less blind spots comparatively than most other two-wheeler. I'm on the verge of replacing my second pair of RVM's after these many Kms & will not even think of replacing with any after market even if given for free
aargee is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 12:13   #482
BHPian

I am planning a ride to Sikkim end September, early October on the Ceeber. It will be a 12 day journey covering around 1700 kms.

Need suggestions on two things:

a) What mechanical, electrical checks apart from top ups and minor servicing should I do (at some authorized service station or FN) prior to the trip? I have already changed my tyres to AT based on the recommendation of a friend who works in MRF.

b) Apart from the kit that comes with the bike (allen key, spanners, etc), what else do you recommend I carry related to the vehicle to enable both routine maintenance as well as any minor repairs I may face during such a journey?
Old 4th September 2019, 14:56   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a) What mechanical, electrical checks...friend who works in MRF
Standard servicing will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
b) Apart from the kit that comes with the bike minor repairs I may face during such a journey?
Assuming you know how to fix puncture using the strip, so that tools are necessary. There will be no minor repairs (unless the bike is abused & not maintained & adding an absurd point - no connection between ride & rider) other than lubing chain.

If you know how to change the chain slider, you'll need to carry that spare as well
Old 11th November 2019, 16:23   #484
BHPian

After booking a Jawa 42 in March, waited for almost 8 months for the call, but by the time I got the dreaded call last week, I eventually lost interest in the 42 and got my self a pre owned 2018 non ABS CBR 250R, that has 5500 KMs on the odo.

The bike needs a oil change and general service, I am looking for the best place to get the job done, the previous owner wasn't happy with ASC so the second service was carried out at an FNG. I request the members from Hyderabad to name the best ASC or any FNG known to them, for servicing the baby Ceeber.

Last edited by tchsvy : 11th November 2019 at 16:25.
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:37   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchsvy View Post

I request the members from Hyderabad to name the best ASC or any FNG known to them, for servicing the baby Ceeber.
There is a L3 Honda trained CBR mechanic named Naresh at the Honda ASC, SP Road branch to whom I have been going for my CBR servicing. So far it has been a good experience in my last 2 years of ownership. You can give it a try if this isnt too far from your place.
saikatmandal04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 15:25   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
There is a L3 Honda trained CBR mechanic named Naresh at the Honda ASC, SP Road.
Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I live little far away from SP Road so in haste went to the Moosarambagh Aadi Honda ASC, and that proved to be a bad decision. They kept the bike for two days and by the end of two days they didn't even do anything, frustrated, took my bike back from them. Was busy for the next two days and didn't take the bike out, when I took it out on the third day, my colleague pointed me at the exposed front sprocket, horrified, rushed to the service center, where I was told the mech removed the sprocket cover and started to clean it, but as he got a call from somewhere he had to rush out of the ASC. They knew the sprocket cover was with them, but never bothered calling me!

On a positive note, got the oil changed, and the bike is doing good. I have covered few hundred KMs in the last 10 days. Thanks to BHPians and their detailed reviews, I was at home with the bike from KM 1! My special thanks to aargee, iamahunter, prasannadhana and other BHPians who put their experiences on the forum so novices like me can benefit from them, thank you!
tchsvy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 22:03   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I live little far away from SP Road so in haste went to the Moosarambagh Aadi Honda ASC, and that proved to be a bad decision. They kept the bike for two days and by the end of two days they didn't even do anything, frustrated, took my bike back from them. Was busy for the next two days and didn't take the bike out, when I took it out on the third day, my colleague pointed me at the exposed front sprocket, horrified, rushed to the service center, where I was told the mech removed the sprocket cover and started to clean it, but as he got a call from somewhere he had to rush out of the ASC. They knew the sprocket cover was with them, but never bothered calling me!

On a positive note, got the oil changed, and the bike is doing good. I have covered few hundred KMs in the last 10 days. Thanks to BHPians and their detailed reviews, I was at home with the bike from KM 1! My special thanks to aargee, iamahunter, prasannadhana and other BHPians who put their experiences on the forum so novices like me can benefit from them, thank you!
One of the better places in Hyderbad is Pratul Service near Irrum Manzil. Good experienced hands, I thought so.

Regards
Bharath
bharath79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:17   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
One of the better places in Hyderbad is Pratul Service near Irrum Manzil. Good experienced hands, I thought so.

Regards
Bharath
Thanks for the suggestion Bharath, I will keep this in mind.

The previous owner has taken the RVMs off and forgot where he kept them, he promised he will let me know once he finds them, but I really doubt I will ever get a call from him. It's really difficult for me to ride the bike without RVMs, and I have been trying to purchase them, and most of the service centers and even the distributer in King Koti don't have them in stock. Searched online but OEM RVMs are not available online as well. Anybody has any clue about where I can find them?
Old 26th November 2019, 13:02   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody has any clue about where I can find them?
Shoot an email to HMSI customercare@honda2wheelersindia.com asking for the spares to be made available to any of the dealer close to your location. Other alternative pester them at 1800 103 3434.

Additional point - If you or anyone at any of the dealer has a good rapport, the dealer can place the order & get it for you
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 13:41   #490
BHPian

I am tired of the Honda SVC's lack of skill to handle my CBR. Seriously searching for a good and reliable place to get my bike serviced.

Any leads in Mumbai would be great.
Old 26th November 2019, 14:30   #491
BHPian

Has Honda stopped producing CBR 250? Couple of weeks back I went to Silicon Honda to test ride CB300R, Bangalore and they had no stock of the 250, neither any in the pipeline for the ABS variant. They have old stock 2018 non ABS variant for sale though. When I asked salesman how he is selling non ABS, he told that production is not allowed for non-ABS variant but selling is allowed.
Hate Honda for slowly killing off this bike, and not launching its replacement. CBR250 is a decently comfortable Sports tourer with a usable pillion seat and a no-nonsense nature. Since over a year, the dealers are not interested in selling the ABS variant in Bangalore, no wonder the sales are in single digits for October '19.

Last edited by Grease_Monkey : 26th November 2019 at 14:31. Reason: Mistyped
Old 26th November 2019, 15:25   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Try to hunt Abdul who used to work at Vihaan Honda (or check if he's still there). He did a good job on my CBR years ago, atleast better than the rest of the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Has Honda stopped producing CBR 250?
Probably BS6 models are in pipeline. This sticker company is capable of accomplishing that as well
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 02:11   #493
BHPian

Quote:
I am tired of the Honda SVC's lack of skill to handle my CBR. Seriously searching for a good and reliable place to get my bike serviced.

Type "garage uncle" in your browser and you will get details for a place which has pretty decent reviews by senior vloggers on youtube too. Best thing is, he even offers doorstep service if you're too busy, in North Mumbai and Navi Mumbai side. There's a physical garage in Mira Road. This guys a pro with original parts used, etc. Here's a video showing him have a go at a Repsol CBR:

Hope this helps. Have fun!
pixantz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:40   #494
BHPian

Quote:

Try checking in the Vashi SCC, My friend gets his CBR serviced there and is satisfied with the guy, not sure of his name but something like "Atik" or something. Apparently he's been working on CBR250Rs for quite sometime.

Query -
With the CBR 250R discontinued for the time being, and with no information about the possibility of the return, How is the parts availability ?

Does anyone have any idea if parts availability will be an issue in the near future ?

- Slick
Old 7th January 2020, 03:03   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
With the CBR 250R discontinued for the time being, and with no information about the possibility of the return, How is the parts availability ?
Cbr250r discontinued? That's news to me. The latest iteration was launched in 2018. Why will they discontinue it already? They have till March 2020.

As far as I know the 250R is not going to get a BS6 engine upgrade as Honda isn't keen on having any small displacement bike in the Indian space. So technically you should be able to buy and register one till 31st March 2020 in India. After which BS6 norms will kick in. Subject to availability in your particular area, that is. Yes, availability is scarce in a lot of cities as there's no demand. But I think its very much available to buy.

That said, Honda has always succeeded in being thoroughly disappointing with what they offer biking enthusiasts in India on a budget, especially if you keep in mind how many varied models they have worldwide in almost any cc range! They have a 125, 150, 250, 300, 400, 500, until things start going north, price wise. Yet, what did they offer here? A lethargic 150 which subsequently got discontinued, and then a 250cc which got so long in the tooth, people still can't believe Honda still sells it here.

If you're a Honda lover in India, the situation is like having a mistress who you love so much and you know is capable of giving you so many awesome thrills and yet only gives you a periodic flying kiss. That too Sometimes.

It's even more puzzling to try to figure out why does it seem like rocket science to Honda when the other japs (read Kawasaki and Yamaha) have much more meaningful and lovely offerings here? It's not easy for them too but still we're getting an upgraded R3 when it doesn't sell anywhere near what the 250R did. The Ninja300 has already had an upgrade sometime back. The CBR300R should have been here in 2016!

I think we Indians deserve at least the CBR400R parallel twin next. That would shake things up a bit, maybe. And the CBR300R for company also wouldn't hurt anyone. Anyone at Honda listening?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th June 2020 at 07:09. Reason: line spacing for better readability
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks