Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2017, 08:58   #421
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Hello All,
I have a 2012 CBR250R. It has done 53,xxx Km. Recently I gave my bike for a general check up to Karthik at Tansi Honda since I had not been using the bike for close to 5 months. I asked him to check for a noise that was coming from the fuel tank. Since it was a general check up, the engine oil etc. was not replaced.

Before I gave the bike to him, I went on a short ride to Shettihalli and back without any problem. The bike performed flawlessly besides the noise that I complained about. After this check up though, I am facing a peculiar issue. The bike is switching off when I ride it above 8k RPM. It doesn't happen always but it happens 80% of the time. Then I have to turn off the ignition and start the bike again.

When I told this to Karthik, he said it could be an air block somewhere and it will be cleared when I ride. I tried riding it but the problem still persists. While he's the most trustworthy and the best CBR mechanic I have come across, this is the first time something of this sort has happened.

Does anyone have any pointers to diagnose this cut-off issue?

Thank you
Old 13th June 2017, 09:54   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
From your description, I suspect the intake and fuel. You might get the fuel filter checked for clogging, get the tank cleaned if there's impure fuel. Or, the air filter might be suspect too.

I believe the ECU is cutting off the engine at 8k as a fail safe to avoid engine damage caused by impure fuel. Do keep us posted.
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 12:38   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saishivaj View Post
Hello All,
I have a 2012 CBR250R. It has done 53,xxx Km. Recently I gave my bike for a general check up to Karthik at Tansi Honda since I had not been using the bike for close to 5 months. I asked him to check for a noise that was coming from the fuel tank. Since it was a general check up, the engine oil etc. was not replaced.

Before I gave the bike to him, I went on a short ride to Shettihalli and back without any problem. The bike performed flawlessly besides the noise that I complained about. After this check up though, I am facing a peculiar issue. The bike is switching off when I ride it above 8k RPM. It doesn't happen always but it happens 80% of the time. Then I have to turn off the ignition and start the bike again.

When I told this to Karthik, he said it could be an air block somewhere and it will be cleared when I ride. I tried riding it but the problem still persists. While he's the most trustworthy and the best CBR mechanic I have come across, this is the first time something of this sort has happened.

Thank you
Update:
Karthik resolved the issue and pointed it out to a clogged fuel filter. All the vibrations and rattling noises also have been taken care of. Now the bike is running as good and as smooth as ever. No odd noises or cut offs and its running like new and I am super happy again! Thank you Added_flavor for the pointers.
saishivaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 10:17   #424
BHPian

Hi. I'm planning to pickup a 2nd hand CBR 250r shortly. Looking for any reviews on a good service station to have the bike serviced in Mumbai. All of the google reviews are mixed and mostly horror stories about bad worksmanship.

Any info from CBR 250r owners in Mumbai about this/or some other reliable workshop would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:20   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pain View Post
Any info from CBR 250r owners in Mumbai about this/or some other reliable workshop would be greatly appreciated.
You can get in touch with kailashnj. Although he has now moved to Versys650, he would know reliable workshop for CBR250R in mumbai.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:34   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
You can get in touch with kailashnj. Although he has now moved to Versys650, he would know reliable workshop for CBR250R in mumbai.
Thanks Bud. Just messaged him
Old 10th July 2017, 20:29   #427
BHPian

Tyre Confusion.

Hi,

I'm a bit confused regarding tyres for the CBR 250r. Whats a better tyre for the CBR250r front and rear

1: Pirelli Sports Demon
2: Pirelli Sports Dragon
3: Michelin Pilot Street
4: Any Other?

Thanks
Old 10th July 2017, 21:19   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre Confusion.

Hi,

I'm a bit confused regarding tyres for the CBR 250r. Whats a better tyre for the CBR250r front and rear

1: Pirelli Sports Demon
2: Pirelli Sports Dragon
3: Michelin Pilot Street
4: Any Other?

Thanks
I personally use the Pilot Street Radial and it still has plenty of life after I've run it for nearly 20k kilometers. A buddy of mine switched to the Metz Sportec M5 on his CBR250R and he says it's excellent as well.
Shanenanigans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 08:26   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tyre Confusion
Most of the basic questions have been addressed in the FAQ section in this thread on posts 1, 2, 3 & 4. Pls take time to go through them & get familiarized.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 09:05   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Most of the basic questions have been addressed in the FAQ section in this thread on posts 1, 2, 3 & 4. Pls take time to go through them & get familiarized.
Hi read the posts multiple times over the last 2 weeks. Very informative aargee 👍

But was wondering what the current preferences are in 2017. Since more Tyre options are available now. Thanks.
Old 11th July 2017, 11:54   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But was wondering what the current preferences are in 2017. Since more Tyre options are available now. Thanks.
There's no change in the bike except for the stickers from 2011; similarly there's no changes with engine oil, tires, lights or anything else including performance boost since 2011. It's a nearly dead motorcycle now!!
Old 11th July 2017, 13:12   #432
Team-BHP Support

He is saying about the availability of tires, with respect to brands and a bit about size. 140 section as well as 150.
Longevity and budget -MRF
Best bet - Michelin and Pirelli
Metzelers - outright grip, tire life not a consideration.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 18:34   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Longevity and budget -MRF
I don't think so! MRF radial lasted for 18K km; to precise 73699 Km to 92285 Km. This was the second highest lasting tire after Dunlop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Best bet - Michelin and Pirelli
Michelin Radial lasted 23K & out of concern due to my high speed riding, I changed after 23K considering I changed at 92285 Km & it lasted till 115787 Km, but still it could've been pushed to some 1-2K more. Needless to say, I always chose Michelin again.

Haven't used Metzelers & Pirelli, so can't really authoritatively comment due to lack of concrete & reliable data.
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:31   #434
BHPian

I gotta agree with aargee. I replaced with Michelins at 14.5k and they're still running strong at 33.5k with at least 5-6k of life left. Plenty of tread in the middle, but I'll replace them the first time they shift while leaning.

Also, these went to the track when my bike was at 22k.
Shanenanigans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 14:46   #435
BHPian

2018 Honda CBR 250R : Unveiled at the Auto Expo

Honda has unveiled the 2018 CBR 250R at the Auto Expo. What seems to have changed (Other than unveiling of new paint schemes) is the headlamp, which has been converted to an all LED unit with a position lamp (is that akin to a DRL?). The housing seems to be identical to the previous one though. Maybe a straight swap of the new headlamp in the older models will be possible and that's a good thing too. With the LEDs one would be assured of better, maybe more reliable lighting that draws lesser power.

There seems to be no other noteworthy change from the previous bike.

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-cbr.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-cbr-info.jpg

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-cbr-info-1.jpg

Pics Courtesy : Overdrive

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 7th February 2018 at 14:50.
Ironhide is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks