Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2016, 20:30   #346
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I looked at a 2012 ABS model as I am in the market for a used CBR.
I had a check for another bike, a 2012 ABS model run 20K km's.. Running on Metz in the front and a new Contigo at the rear. Comes installed with frame gliders and a radiator guard.
The only point of concern is that the bike is already on its third owner and I am to become it's fourth owner. The first owner had it for ~1000K's before selling it to the cousin of the the current owner. All said and done, looks very well maintained and no niggle as far as I see it.
Most of the servicing has been done at Tansi Honda, Varthur road. Any BHP'ian who can has contacts there to check the service history as tomorrow is a very busy day in office and I cannot afford to take an off.
Any inputs would be very well appreciated.
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:23   #347
BHPian

Quote:
I had a check for another bike, a 2012 ABS model run 20K km's.. Running on Metz in the front and a new Contigo at the rear.
I ended up buying the bike and the front metz are due for replacement. I happened to see Pirelli Sport Dragon(PSD ) but couldn't find any reviews or mentions online.
These cost me ~3k when I checked online and would fit within the limited budget I have currently, the other option being MRF Revz FC.
I had a really bad puncture on the rear contigo(Right along the groove of the tread) which the local guy couldn't fix with the mushroom puncture and the air gradually leaks air with the crack/split widening along the initial puncture. The same local guy suggested a hot patch which I am totally not gonna go for. I ll post the pic in the evening when I get home.
I consulted with the guys in Tyre Empire, HSR and they suggested to go for a new tyre as nothing can be done with the puncture now. Is there a way around this as I really don't want to be spending on another tyre now unless it really really is called for.
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:33   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way around this as I really don't want to be spending on another tyre now unless it really really is called for.
I would suggest to get that changed, if a fix is not very confidence inspiring. Better not to take chance with safety. The Contigos were never really that great anyway. I don't ride too fast or corner hard, and even then I am not too fond of the Conti on the CBR. Why not go for MRF on both the ends, which would help keep costs in check too?
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:00   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I would suggest to get that changed, if a fix is not very confidence inspiring. Better not to take chance with safety. The Contigos were never really that great anyway. I don't ride too fast or corner hard, and even then I am not too fond of the Conti on the CBR. Why not go for MRF on both the ends, which would help keep costs in check too?
The Revz don't come in 140/70 and I am not interested in changing the tyre profile and would prefer going with stock sizes.
The Michelin Street Pilot is what I would be looking at, any other alternatives you can think of?
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:26   #350
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
The Revz don't come in 140/70 and I am not interested in changing the tyre profile and would prefer going with stock sizes.
The Michelin Street Pilot is what I would be looking at, any other alternatives you can think of?
Street Pilot is a safe bet. Worth the money! Gives good grip and feedback. You can also try Pirelli Sporty Demon, which my friend has fitted in his CBR150R and did a Leh trip without any problems.
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:51   #351
BHPian

I would be going for the Pilots by the look of things though I really don't want to be spending money for a tyre right now. But hey, you don't wanna risk getting your a** splattered all over the road do you!
I am going for the MRF Revz 110/70 unless I find a worthy replacement(Pilots for the front don't seem worth it). The Pirelli Sport Dragon(Not the Night Dragon) is something I don't find any reviews anywhere, is the tyre not even worth a mention?
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:06   #352
BHPian

Quote:
I had a really bad puncture on the rear contigo(Right along the groove of the tread) which the local guy couldn't fix with the mushroom puncture and the air gradually leaks air with the crack/split widening along the initial puncture.
I suspect the puncture guy used a extra large plug when it was not required which ended up widening the initial split. I confirmed with a couple of other places(Tyre empire/MRF tyres) that the puncture cannot be repaired now.
I am gonna be replacing the tyre with Michelin Street Pilot over the weekend but still want to know what can be done in such a scenario. Would using the slime or using a tube help offset the leakage from the puncture(Drops 4 psi over two days with no use).
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-img_20160803_181805.jpg  

Old 4th August 2016, 19:59   #353
BHPian

Long term review

Here's another long term review of a CBR 250R. The owner has done 1,25,000 kms on his machine.

Long Term Review - Honda CBR 250R

Cheers !
Old 4th August 2016, 22:42   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGB View Post
Street Pilot is a safe bet. Worth the money! Gives good grip and feedback. You can also try Pirelli Sporty Demon, which my friend has fitted in his CBR150R and did a Leh trip without any problems.
While the Pirelli Sport Demons are extremely grippy tires, they do unfortunately have a short life. The OEM PSD tires on my bike developed cuts at around 7000 kms and I had to have them replaced. I know of other Continental GT owners who have also had the same unfortunate experience. Talk to tire shop owners and they will all say the same thing - PSDs arent great all rounders for Indian conditions.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 09:36   #355
CGB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
While the Pirelli Sport Demons are extremely grippy tires, they do unfortunately have a short life. The OEM PSD tires on my bike developed cuts at around 7000 kms and I had to have them replaced. I know of other Continental GT owners who have also had the same unfortunate experience. Talk to tire shop owners and they will all say the same thing - PSDs arent great all rounders for Indian conditions.
Yes. He swapped the tyres just before the Leh trip. Even i heard the same feedback when i went to swap to PSD's after Metzelers in my D390
Old 9th August 2016, 12:19   #356
BHPian

Quote:
I would be going for the Pilots by the look of things though I really don't want to be spending money for a tyre right now. But hey, you don't wanna risk getting your a** splattered all over the road do you!
I am going for the MRF Revz 110/70 unless I find a worthy replacement(Pilots for the front don't seem worth it). The Pirelli Sport Dragon(Not the Night Dragon) is something I don't find any reviews anywhere, is the tyre not even worth a mention?
Have you considered MRF zapper S?
Provides good grip at reasonable price. Comes stock with some CBR250R and pulsar RS200

I have been running stock zapper S set since last 10,000kms and apart from one puncture at around 8500km, no complains so far.
Old 9th August 2016, 17:15   #357
BHPian

Re: Long term review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Here's another long term review of a CBR 250R. The owner has done 1,25,000 kms on his machine.

Long Term Review - Honda CBR 250R

Cheers !
I am to see pictures of bike in water. Isn't that risky for the engine?
Old 9th August 2016, 18:16   #358
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone increased the handle bar height of CBR 250? I am having shoulder pain and that increases while riding.
Old 9th August 2016, 18:21   #359
Senior - BHPian

Re: Long term review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulba View Post
I am to see pictures of bike in water. Isn't that risky for the engine?
While the engine is submerged, the silencer is well out of the water. So should ideally not be an issue if there is no water entering into the muffler thereby coming into contact with the engine.
Old 10th August 2016, 09:42   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Has anyone increased the handle bar height of CBR 250? I am having shoulder pain and that increases while riding.
When I had the bike, I was looking at Helibar handle bar risers, but they cost USD 290 + Shipping + whatever extra. So I had ditched the idea. But seriously, would be great if the handlebar height could be raised. I am 5'8" and my weight would often come on my wrists - painful during long rides or even in regular city stop-and-go traffic.
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks