Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2015, 00:28   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Gents,
Apologies for another mass quote. Assuming ViaTerra Rapide is not available (and I'm not really interested in Cramster Colt), is there any other saddlebag from ViaTerra (Wolf/Leh/Velox?) or Rynox (Nomad v2?) you'd advise? Need to buy one locally in Delhi before EOD Wednesday. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Xtreme Vision is more yellowish than NB+ and hence is better in dark + rainy conditions.

Speaking of LEDs, I would always have them as an addition to the 60/55W halogen and not as a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How are the first impressions like? How many kilometers? Loving it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Fellow CBR 250R riders, need some help.

I'd changed the OEM battery a few months back. I'd bought an Amaron and then switched to Exide due to some issues with the battery dealer. As long as the bike is being used every day, it is fine. But when I leave it idle for a week even, I am unable to start the bike. The battery runs out of charge. I have checked the bike and it charges the battery fine. Is some short circuit or faulty wiring making the battery lose charge when idle?

It is irritating having to jump start the bike each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Hi Guys
I own baby ceeber since 2.5 yrs . She has clocked 12000 kms. I have a question. Off late I am observing tappet noise under hard acceleration. The noise is not heard otherwise. Only when I open throttle like a maniac, the mettle tak tak voice is audible from the engine. Is it normal or there is something wrong with her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbk.0707 View Post
Hello Fellow Riders,

options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM440 View Post
At 12000 km you're bike should have undergone shim adjustment for the valves, please ensure our is done. It was recommended by the technician at Ananda Honda, Bangalore. And you're service manual suggests the same. Also replace the oils and grease the chain after cleaning it.
Old 23rd December 2015, 12:38   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Gents,
Apologies for another mass quote. Assuming ViaTerra Rapide is not available (and I'm not really interested in Cramster Colt), is there any other saddlebag from ViaTerra (Wolf/Leh/Velox?) or Rynox (Nomad v2?) you'd advise? Need to buy one locally in Delhi before EOD Wednesday. Thanks in advance.
Are you looking at a saddle bag specifically? I use a Viaterra Claw (tail bag) and it works like charm. No headaches of the bag touching the exhaust or the tyre.

If it's saddle bags, then Nomad fits, albeit with some adjustment. You will have to ensure it's not fouling with the indicators, the exhaust and the tyre. To ensure it doesn't touch the tyre, you would either need some metal bar or a bungee cord jugad.
Old 27th December 2015, 21:35   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Are you looking at a saddle bag specifically? I use a Viaterra Claw (tail bag) and it works like charm. No headaches of the bag touching the exhaust or the tyre.

If it's saddle bags, then Nomad fits, albeit with some adjustment. You will have to ensure it's not fouling with the indicators, the exhaust and the tyre. To ensure it doesn't touch the tyre, you would either need some metal bar or a bungee cord jugad.
Hi Thanks. I bought Nomad v2.1 - held up perfectly at all speeds and in all terrain. A+ from my side for design. Quality wise I think Viaterra is ahead but Nomad is ideal for those who want to tour with a pillion. The Nomad had no instructions (what is wrong with indian mfrs?!?) but a decent instructional video on youtube was good enough for me.

Claw screams - no pillion. The wife will rarely come along, but the very act of buying such a pack will piss her off
Old 30th December 2015, 21:50   #319
BHPian

I encountered very weird problem with my CBR. When I fired her engine this morning after almost 3 weeks , I felt she is not picking up speed as usual. I felt she is slow.
Tappet noise was prominent whenever I opened throttle. After few kms, steering became heavy. At first I thought front wheel is punctured but, when I checked it seemed fine. And then front brake become loose. I then realized it's all because front brake was engaged all this time. Brake Oil level was fine. But without pressing the brake lever, oil pressure was built up and brake was engaged all the time. I shut off engine, waited for some time. The problem vanished. But after few kms riding encountered it again.
I feel due to cold, brake oil lost its viscosity. It appeared solid. Which resulted into brake malfunction. Will take her for servicing coming weekend.
Old 30th December 2015, 22:07   #320
BHPian

Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
I encountered very weird problem with my CBR. When I fired her engine this morning after almost 3 weeks , I felt she is not picking up speed as usual. I felt she is slow.

Tappet noise was prominent whenever I opened throttle. After few kms, steering became heavy. At first I thought front wheel is punctured but, when I checked it seemed fine. And then front brake become loose. I then realized it's all because front brake was engaged all this time. Brake Oil level was fine. But without pressing the brake lever, oil pressure was built up and brake was engaged all the time. I shut off engine, waited for some time. The problem vanished. But after few kms riding encountered it again.

I feel due to cold, brake oil lost its viscosity. It appeared solid. Which resulted into brake malfunction. Will take her for servicing coming weekend.

You need to rectify this ASAP. Looks like your Master-cylinder is getting stuck due to corrosion. Happens with lesser use and salty air regions mostly. If left unattended it will get worse to a point that your front wheel will get locked up. Imagine what if this happens when you're riding! So I suggest you take it more seriously. Cheers.
Old 31st December 2015, 10:02   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
You need to rectify this ASAP. Looks like your Master-cylinder is getting stuck due to corrosion. Happens with lesser use and salty air regions mostly. If left unattended it will get worse to a point that your front wheel will get locked up. Imagine what if this happens when you're riding! So I suggest you take it more seriously. Cheers.
Yes, thank you for quick reply!
The same thought crossed my mind when I was riding yesterday.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:25   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
For sure there's something wrong; the last I started my CPR before yesterday was somewhere in end November due to Chennai floods & relief operation. The bike started fine without a hitch & this is a 37000+ Km run used battery.

Here's something I would advice if your charging unit is fine...
- Remove the battery from bike & place it on a wooden plank
- Check the voltage everyday around the same time, say like everyday 8:30 PM & note down the reading
- In a week's time the reading should not come down to less than 11 V or so, if it does, issue is with battery

Also pls confirm the manufacturing date of your battery
Checked with the help of the local battery guy and he says the battery seems fine. I even rode all the way home and back in December end - 1200 kms and no worries. But I reached back in Bangalore, left the bike idle for 4 days and it wouldn't start again. No idea what is wrong in this case then. Have left bike in service center to check the electricals. Anyone have any ideas?

The battery technician actually suggested that there might be a "Leak" of power somewhere along the line. Does this seem plausible?
Old 12th January 2016, 17:26   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
left the bike idle for 4 days and it wouldn't start again. No idea what is wrong in this case then. Have left bike in service center to check the electricals. Anyone have any ideas?
If battery is fine, then only 2 things to check...
1. Earthing; make a strong earthing & the bike appears back to form; I've personally experienced this
2. Corrosion on the battery terminals
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 17:31   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If battery is fine, then only 2 things to check...
1. Earthing; make a strong earthing & the bike appears back to form; I've personally experienced this
2. Corrosion on the battery terminals
There isn't any corrosion on the terminals, so will rule that out. Haven't tried the earthing option. Lets see what the ASC tells me - most probably would have change the regulator rectifier and charge me for it.
Old 12th January 2016, 17:38   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There isn't any corrosion on the terminals, so will rule that out. Haven't tried the earthing option. Lets see what the ASC tells me - most probably would have change the regulator rectifier and charge me for it.
If your RR unit is bad, then you'll have to check the incoming charging current at the battery terminal & your bike will always have starting + all electrical problems including headlight, horn & even ECM as the charge in the battery doesn't get sufficient current to get charged. Is that the case?

Corrosion at the battery terminal may be beneath the terminals outwardly appearing good.

Again, like the battery dealer said, there's a possibility of current leaking, but for that to happen, did you ever touch any of the stock wiring harness anywhere? On a stock CPR, its difficult as their electrical are quite robust
Old 12th January 2016, 17:42   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If your RR unit is bad, then you'll have to check the incoming charging current at the battery terminal & your bike will always have starting + all electrical problems including headlight, horn & even ECM as the charge in the battery doesn't get sufficient current to get charged. Is that the case?

Corrosion at the battery terminal may be beneath the terminals outwardly appearing good.

Again, like the battery dealer said, there's a possibility of current leaking, but for that to happen, did you ever touch any of the stock wiring harness anywhere? On a stock CPR, its difficult as their electrical are quite robust
Thanks for the reply! No, haven't touched the wiring harness at all and might be able to rule that out. On an Enfield, this could be a problem but the harness seems mighty fine on the CPR, err CBR.

The search for the problem continues....
Old 12th January 2016, 21:15   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but the harness seems mighty fine on the CPR, err CBR.

The search for the problem continues....
Then I can only think of 3 things...
1. Earthing
2. Battery
3. Starter motor
Old 1st March 2016, 17:00   #328
Senior - BHPian

Finally issue seems to be fixed. At least I really hope so. Took the battery to the vendor and told him to replace it with a new once since it was within the warranty period. He has checked with the company (showed me a printed sheet of the battery check status) who suggested that the battery is fine. Bike starts without any issues now and doesn't seem to lose charge even when bike was idle for a day. Well....let's see...

Good to ride the CBR after pottering around in the Impulse for all these days...
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 14:49   #329
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to adjust the handle bar? My palms pain because the edge of the hand (opp the thumb) rests at the handle bar and becomes painful / numb in long rides. I'm thinking that pushing the handles forward will help. Doable? Comments?

Sorry if it's an old question, am on the road and not been able to search properly.
Old 24th March 2016, 15:38   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Is it possible to adjust the handle bar? My palms pain because the edge of the hand (opp the thumb) rests at the handle bar and becomes painful / numb in long rides. I'm thinking that pushing the handles forward will help. Doable? Comments?

Sorry if it's an old question, am on the road and not been able to search properly.
Loosening the nuts on the clip-ons gives a push-pull movement to adjust. But the range is less than 3mm. Might help you.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 24th March 2016 at 15:39.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks