Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:47   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

thanks Srini,

Yes its a tank pad and the moron at the dealership fitted it when i was not around.

need to get it rectified, if possible without damaging the paint. if not, then maybe get a second set and paste it in the exposed area close to the base
Old 3rd November 2013, 08:31   #272
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Finally parting with my Royal Enfield Thunderbird after 4 years (In pursuit of peace of mind) and planning to settle in for CBR Repsol edition. Can anyone please confirm if the new lot is coming with MRF rubbers? Is there any point in telling the dealer that I will be taking delivery only with MRF tyres?

Coming from a Royal Enfield background, I have a noobish question. Almost once in 3-4 days I keep a check in the oil level. The question is, how to check for the oil /coolant level without a paddock stand. Sorry if this is a repeated question, couldn't find anything when I ran a quick check. Thanks

Another noobish, Is it possible to tint the front windshield with sunfilm like it is done in cars?

Thanks,

Last edited by man_of_steel : 3rd November 2013 at 08:38.
Old 3rd November 2013, 09:34   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Finally parting with my Royal Enfield Thunderbird after 4 years (In pursuit of peace of mind) and planning to settle in for CBR Repsol edition
Welcome to the world of fit it, shut it & forget it Motorcycle.
Quote:
. Can anyone please confirm if the new lot is coming with MRF rubbers? Is there any point in telling the dealer that I will be taking delivery only with MRF tyres?
I haven't seen those tires as yet, but from what I read, MRF is the OE supplier (after Contis)

It would be good if you check with your dealer & make him aware of your this request.

Quote:
Coming from a Royal Enfield background, I have a noobish question. Almost once in 3-4 days I keep a check in the oil level. The question is, how to check for the oil /coolant level without a paddock stand. Sorry if this is a repeated question, couldn't find anything when I ran a quick check. Thanks
If anyone else can sit & keep your bike straight, then it can be done, else you might have to head to your local SVC.

Best would be to buy a paddock stand. The bike, more than these oil checks, needs chain cleaning & lubing. Not possible w/o a paddock stand.

Quote:
Another noobish, Is it possible to tint the front windshield with sunfilm like it is done in cars?
It can be done in 2 or 3 layers, not at one go. The reason being, the surface isn't flat. Maybe a good installer can. but I tried (on my erstwhile R15) & failed. Didn't even bother with the 250R.

Please upload pictures when you get your Repsol CBR

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2013 at 09:35.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:19   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks,
Get a black windscreen man, here is the link and its a perfect fit. Got one for a friend recently, got delivered within 3 weeks of payment. NO DUTY
Costs appx 1200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-W...item43bdc34506
yogisays0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:54   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Welcome to the world of fit it, shut it & forget it Motorcycle.
Thanks Sheel, That is exactly what I am looking for now. Got tired of the workshop visits.

Quote:
It would be good if you check with your dealer & make him aware of your this request.
I have seen some 2013 black CBRs with MRF-s. Will confirm with the dealer on this or probably ask them to swap the tyre with another bike. I completely forgot to ask them about this when I visited them last week!

Quote:
Best would be to buy a paddock stand. The bike, more than these oil checks, needs chain cleaning & lubing. Not possible w/o a paddock stand.
Allright. Planning to get a custom designed one fabricated. Off the shelf paddocks are absurdly priced!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisays0909 View Post
Get a black windscreen man, here is the link and its a perfect fit. Got one for a friend recently, got delivered within 3 weeks of payment. NO DUTY
Costs appx 1200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-W...item43bdc34506
Hell lot of thanks yogisays!! I was under the impression that the windscreens costed upwards of 5k. My friend bought one black tinted stock one for 5-6ks! This is a sweet deal, that too a double bubble, was planning on it eventually! Initial planned mods are custom frame sliders, tank pads and now this! Planning to order one right away.

Thanks again guys!! Will be posting pics as soon as I get my hands on it!
Old 3rd November 2013, 17:55   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Hell lot of thanks yogisays!! I was under the impression that the windscreens costed upwards of 5k. My friend bought one black tinted stock one for 5-6ks! This is a sweet deal, that too a double bubble, was planning on it eventually! Initial planned mods are custom frame sliders, tank pads and now this! Planning to order one right away.

Thanks again guys!! Will be posting pics as soon as I get my hands on it!
No worries mate, I got a few pieces for a dealer friend (i charged him 25% markup) and he also sold ahead for 4-5K, he didn't had a credit card to order himself.

Found this thing while I was just searching some accessories for my CBR 600.
yogisays0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 14:18   #277
Senior - BHPian

Yet another query,

Now that I am close to booking the Repsol, being a limited edition one, will Honda continue to provide spare body panels for the Repsol? May be I am thinking too much unnecessarily But would like to know whether it will be hard to procure the panels for this color scheme on the long run.

Regarding the MRF rubbers, I will be telling the showroom guys that I will book from them only if they will provide a bike with MRFs or I will book from another showroom. Heard from a friend that the MRFs are now available in some tire shops . Lets see if the pressure tactics works.

Cheers.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 4th November 2013 at 14:32.
Old 4th November 2013, 17:15   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yet another query,

Now that I am close to booking the Repsol, being a limited edition one, will Honda continue to provide spare body panels for the Repsol? May be I am thinking too much unnecessarily But would like to know whether it will be hard to procure the panels for this color scheme on the long run.

If it would be me, I would go for the normal colors. I myself love the Repsol, but parts might be an issue. You can never be sure about this.

The only solace is Repsol is made world wide, hence you may order from online sites dealing in parts.

I haven't crashed a bike in past 5+ years, but I would still play it safe.

But at the end, the choice is upon you. Sleep over it, inquire whether shipping from abroad is a hassle, then go for it.

Another last resort would be to change all the panels (in an uneventful scenario)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 12:02   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
But at the end, the choice is upon you. Sleep over it, inquire whether shipping from abroad is a hassle, then go for it.
I am not really comfortable with that shipping from abroad idea, always feels stupid to pay the same price as the part just for shipping!! Anyways, I understand that there is a chance for the parts to be an issue in the long run. Lets see.. I still got a week to go through the bank formalities, have to sleep over it and arrive at a decision!

Thanks!

Last edited by man_of_steel : 5th November 2013 at 12:04.
Old 5th November 2013, 23:32   #280
BHPian

Need a favour from CBR 250R owners here, can someone please measure the thickness of the rear disc rotor? is it 5MM or less, i need to replace my F2 rear disc!
Old 8th November 2013, 10:37   #281
BHPian

Hi all,

My CBR 250RA has a dented exhaust/silencer and am looking to replace it (preferably with a better looking and better sounding one). Looking for places in Bangalore where this can be done.

Any suggestions/first hand experience?

thanks!
Old 8th November 2013, 18:27   #282
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Finally booked CBR Repsol edition today. I had a look at a Repsol being displayed in the showroom and it was having a double horn. IIRC CBRs comes with only single horn right? Or are all the 2013 versions having double horns?
Old 8th November 2013, 18:49   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Finally parting with my Royal Enfield Thunderbird after 4 years (In pursuit of peace of mind) and planning to settle in for CBR Repsol edition.

Coming from a Royal Enfield background, I have a noobish question. Almost once in 3-4 days I keep a check in the oil level. The question is, how to check for the oil /coolant level without a paddock stand.
Hehe, liked this line a lot. This is exactly what made me sell that hunk of metal and move to a plastic bike (sarcasm).

Well, you don't have to check the oil level too often. Nothing to worry and you can always just hold the bike with your left hand using the rear hand rail and check oil levels. Also, once you get the bike join up on this CBR riders group based in Bangalore and we can help you out with the stand.

Quote:
Guys,

Finally booked CBR Repsol edition today. I had a look at a Repsol being displayed in the showroom and it was having a double horn. IIRC CBRs comes with only single horn right? Or are all the 2013 versions having double horns?
Congratulations on that! Well, to be honest, I don't remember. And I have been thinking of changing the OEM horn for some time now. Even my Impulse has a better horn.
Old 8th November 2013, 19:17   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Hehe, liked this line a lot. This is exactly what made me sell that hunk of metal and move to a plastic bike (sarcasm).

Well, you don't have to check the oil level too often. Nothing to worry and you can always just hold the bike with your left hand using the rear hand rail and check oil levels. Also, once you get the bike join up on this CBR riders group based in Bangalore and we can help you out with the stand.
From your signature I can very well relate to the phase of your life from 2005-2013.

Yes, of course I will be joining the B'lore club. Infact I have ordered for a frame slider via a friend. Will meet there. Please PM your FB profile name/email address If you are okay with it.

Thanks.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:38   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
..Or are all the 2013 versions having double horns?
Visited the showroom today for submitting all the documents. I could see that even the standard versions kept there were having dual horns. Now the hardest part of the purchase begins.. The waiting.

Most Viewed