Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 14:48   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Thanks aargee.
Called up Saphire Honda, and booked a slot for saturday morning to get the bike checked by Zeeshan.

Cheers
Sirji,
Congratulations, did you pick up a new one or pre-worshipped CBR? Thought you wanted to go in for the Ninja.
Do we get to see an ownership thread?
Old 21st August 2013, 14:55   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sirji,
Congratulations, did you pick up a new one or pre-worshipped CBR? Thought you wanted to go in for the Ninja.
Do we get to see an ownership thread?
New one only. Ya new ninja had a waiting for more than 90 days and moreover it was way beyond my budget. And 5 days after i bought the CBR, Aditya posted that he wanted to sell his 250 .
Here is a shot of my baby.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions-1069254_10151697342844731_500610109_n.jpg  

Old 21st August 2013, 15:05   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aditya posted that he wanted to sell his 250
Latest news is that he decided to retain
Old 21st August 2013, 15:10   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Latest news is that he decided to retain
Yup i know, and that too after coming back from a ride last weekend
Cheers
Old 21st August 2013, 15:32   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New one only. Ya new ninja had a waiting for more than 90 days and moreover it was way beyond my budget. y.
Ahh She looks slick mate. CBR nevertheless is a tried and tested product in our Indian Conditions. Going by the exploits of Santosh & Milind in our riding team I will not shy away from agreeing that this is the best bet we have if you are looking for a jack of all trades.

Did you consider any other bike before settling into this one? Does this come with ABS? More interestingly did you not consider the KTM 390, guess that is on everyone's lips these days.
Old 21st August 2013, 16:46   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, need some help.
Is is your issue resolved? I too haven't come across any one saying that the temp bar crossed 3.

Something sure was/is wrong.
Old 21st August 2013, 17:32   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you consider any other bike before settling into this one? Does this come with ABS? More interestingly did you not consider the KTM 390, guess that is on everyone's lips these days.
Thunderbird 500, Ninja 300 and KTM 390 was in my radar , but the waiting time just killed my interest on those machines .
Nope mine is a standard variant, with abs it would have costed me 30k more, which i felt was not really worth it. Also if you have ABS in bikes, i feel people tend to go abit hard on the bikes, thinking its ABS equipped ,so it will come in handy even if you are doing good speeds . I always try to keep one thing in mind that, a rider has no credit when he is riding a bike real fast, its the machine which is doing the job, but if something goes wrong its completely the riders fault.So better to know your and your machines limitations and then ride,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is is your issue resolved? I too haven't come across any one saying that the temp bar crossed 3.

Something sure was/is wrong.
Nope, have fixed an appointment to get the bike checked by zeeshan.

I will keep you all posted.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 17:37   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also if you have ABS in bikes, i feel people tend to go abit hard on the bikes, thinking its ABS equipped ,so it will come in handy even if you are doing good speeds .
That's a very wrong notion to have in mind but yes many people think that with an ABS kit it will greatly enhance the breaking capabilities and shorten the breaking distance which is actually wrong. With an ABS you will have the benefit of tires not locking up and still gives you the flexibility to steer the bike/car with the same efforts.

My Suggestion would have been to go with ABS as it is really helpful in poor conditions like a wet tarmac/dusty roads.

Anyways not to worry CBR brakes are pretty decent and do the job with an easy pinch on the pocket
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 17:42   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My Suggestion would have been to go with ABS as it is really helpful in poor conditions like a wet tarmac/dusty roads.

Anyways not to worry CBR brakes are pretty decent and do the job with an easy pinch on the pocket
Yup, i was also planning to get the ABS one , but the 30k difference ,i just could not justify it. And moreover, after seeing this color, i just could not think about buying a black or red one which comes with optional Abs

Cheers
Old 21st August 2013, 19:46   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That's a very wrong notion to have in mind but yes many people think that with an ABS kit it will greatly enhance the breaking capabilities and shorten the breaking distance which is actually wrong. With an ABS you will have the benefit of tires not locking up and still gives you the flexibility to steer the bike/car with the same efforts.

Hi!

While I always advocate the max safety equipment on Cars, I myself didn't opt for ABS equipped bike despite the CBR having an option.

Reason being - Other bikes do not come with ABS and it is really easy to unlearn the modulation, but quite hard to get the feel of the brakes & modulate as per need. I think ABS equipped bike might rob me of this.

Have learned it with years of practice and am still learning, everyday, every ride
Old 22nd August 2013, 10:41   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Have learned it with years of practice and am still learning, everyday, every ride
That is my personal choice as well. Neither do my car or any of my motorcycles come with ABS. For sure I do not want a pre-configured chipset to control my braking which makes me feel like am riding an alien
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:21   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I know, ABS actually slightly increases braking distance when compared to that achieved by someone who knows how to use non-ABS brakes well.

Quote:
Hugely helpful and confidence inspiring in the wet. But again from what I have read (and therefore practiced) best shut off (if you can) while offroading or on gravel.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:34   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
From what I know, ABS actually slightly increases braking distance when compared to that achieved by someone who knows how to use non-ABS brakes well.
Not exactly. On well paved surfaces, read other than wet/snowy surfaces; ABS equipped vehicles have a shorter braking distance w.r.t non ABS ones. The distance increases in wet/snowy conditions, but gives you the option of safely steering the bike without locking the wheels.
To me, saving my limbs is more precious than 30k. I feel its absolutely worth it.
Divya Sharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:50   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Hugely helpful and confidence inspiring in the wet. But again from what I have read (and therefore practiced) best shut off (if you can) while offroading or on gravel.
Doc,
+1 to that, ABS does increase the braking distance in normal conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Not exactly. On well paved surfaces, read other than wet/snowy surfaces; ABS equipped vehicles have a shorter braking distance w.r.t non ABS ones.
Divya,
To each his own but the general inference for ABS is, It does not necessarily shorten the breaking distance.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 13:21   #240
Senior - BHPian

I agree Mahesh. Most papers fom automotive sites and manufacturer sources agree that while ABS allows you directional evasionary inputs, and in the right hands (or feet) can be early as effective as standard brakes in terms of braking distance, in actual fact, braking distance will be longer than the standard brakes - with the provisio that you have not locked and are sliding with the standard brakes.
ebonho is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks