Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2013, 04:30   #211
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R : Answers to some commonly asked questions

Thanks a lot for this brilliant thread. Really needed it because I am going to own the bike pretty soon. A few questions though:

1. You seemed a little against using Nitrogen to fill the tires. Why so?
2. If one needs to change the stock tires after a while, would the ASC do it without messing up the brake assembly on the C-ABS version?
3. I've read number of posts that mention people saying that the ASC guys clean the Radiator by spraying water at high pressure and end up bending the fins. Isn't there any way to ensure they don't do such a thing?
4. About the run in, did you stick EXACTLY to the procedure recommended in the manual? No oil changes before the 1000km mark?
Old 14th April 2013, 15:00   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhonmathews View Post
1. You seemed a little...Why so?
If you meant me, no, I'm not; just that I didn't find any significant difference with regular FREE air & PAID N2 air

Quote:
2. If one needs...the C-ABS version?
ABS depends on locking of rotor not on tires; it doesn't mess up

Quote:
3. I've read number of posts...ensure they don't do such a thing?
1. Supervise personally
2. Don't ask to clean the vehicle
3. Give them a cleaned up vehicle

Quote:
4. About the run...the 1000km mark?
Not once, but twice. The only mistake in the first time being, I didn't accelerate beyond 5K RPM. If I were to run-in again, I would certainly adhere word by word to owner's manual
Old 14th April 2013, 17:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Not once, but twice. The only mistake in the first time being, I didn't accelerate beyond 5K RPM. If I were to run-in again, I would certainly adhere word by word to owner's manual
You WOULD go beyond 5k RPM? Isn't it the opposite?

Could you please tell me how you run in your motorcycle, including the oil changes(Mineral or synthetic) you made before the 1000kms mark, if it won't be a problem?

Also, last I checked the ASC doesn't allow people to observe what the are doing.
Old 15th April 2013, 07:41   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You WOULD go beyond 5k RPM? Isn't it the opposite?
Err...who said anything about 5K RPM mark? Who bought the 5K RPM? Where is it written on OWNER'S MANUAL anything about 5K RPM?

Quote:
Could you please tell me...made before the 1000kms mark, if it won't be a problem?
Pls check my ownership thread here. Tks

Quote:
Also, last I checked the ASC doesn't allow people to observe what the are doing.
Depends upon your rapport with them
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 00:24   #215
BHPian

Read your post on the ownership thread.
Many people recommend using Mineral oil for the first 1000kms or so so that the parts can fit in and the mineral oil, being less viscous, allows that better than synthetic oil. Any comments?
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:16   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any comments?
I go by the owner's manual as many say many things as they're not the manufacturers & pretty easy when it's not their bike hehe
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:07   #217
BHPian

Quote:
I go by the owner's manual as many say many things as they're not the manufacturers & pretty easy when it's not their bike hehe
True. Will update when I have got the bike. Thanks for your help. Cheers!
Old 13th May 2013, 12:09   #218

1.Any idea what will be the spark plug replacement interval of C250R ?
2.Where this spark plug situated at ?
3.By changing this do we need fuel tank removal ?

4.Any idea about the Total cost for replacement of Ball-Racer Set?

If anyone already got these answer please share, Thanks in advance.

------------Edit--------

I switched to Honda Trottle (probably) which comes in Black Bottle from 3rd free servicing and used the same engine oil again in 4th paid servicing,earlier I used different Honda Engine Oil which comes in silver color bottle.

Since the 3rd servicing when I switched to Honda Trottle Engin.Oil I have gear problem which is following;

When bike crawling in heavy trafic in 1st gear I can't go to directly to 2nd gear instead it stuck in Neutral, then another hard stroke it changed to 2nd and the next and go on.....but if I need to downshift to 1st the same story repeat. This thing happened since the used of Honda's black bottle engine oil.....and it continues with after 4th paid servicing.

Why ? Is this thing is normal ?

Do I switch back to Silver color bottle oil ? Then is it going to solve ?

Last edited by neel2007 : 13th May 2013 at 12:38. Reason: Typo Error
Old 13th May 2013, 13:46   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2007 View Post
2.Where this spark plug situated at ?
3.By changing this do we need fuel tank removal ?

4.Any idea about the Total cost for replacement of Ball-Racer Set?

If anyone already got these answer please share, Thanks in advance.
Ideally, it is at 10,000kms or an year, but even the mechanic advises against. Get the plug checked & if the need arises, replace it.

Yes, you have to remove the tank to access spark-plug. Glad there is just one

You do not need to replace the cone-set (under normal circumstances). You just need to grease it again. Please have a look here

------------Edit--------

Quote:
I switched to Honda Trottle (probably) which comes in Black Bottle from 3rd free servicing and used the same engine oil again in 4th paid servicing,earlier I used different Honda Engine Oil which comes in silver color bottle.

Since the 3rd servicing when I switched to Honda Trottle Engin.Oil I have gear problem which is following;

When bike crawling in heavy trafic in 1st gear I can't go to directly to 2nd gear instead it stuck in Neutral, then another hard stroke it changed to 2nd and the next and go on.....but if I need to downshift to 1st the same story repeat. This thing happened since the used of Honda's black bottle engine oil.....and it continues with after 4th paid servicing.

Why ? Is this thing is normal ?

Do I switch back to Silver color bottle oil ? Then is it going to solve ?
I don't think the oil is causing all of that. I won't completely rule it out either.

Get your clutch (the play) checked for once.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:23   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ideally, it is at 10,000kms or an year, but even the mechanic advises against. Get the plug checked & if the need arises, replace it.

Yes, you have to remove the tank to access spark-plug. Glad there is just one

You do not need to replace the cone-set (under normal circumstances). You just need to grease it again. Please have a look here

------------Edit--------

I don't think the oil is causing all of that. I won't completely rule it out either.

Get your clutch (the play) checked for once.
Thanks for replying Sheel.....

Here I like to add little detail about the Ball-Racer/Cone Set condition of my bike:-

My bike is 1st gen of CBR's and it clocked nearly 12,000 kms till today, but due to lack of time /availability my bike didn't clocked much kms as it should after 21 months.

I rode the bike single 95% time and usage was in & out in city (Kolkata),but now the condition is if I carry some bags roughly weight 7-8 kg max and fasten with the left side rear grab rail & saree-guard (I did this earlier) the handle constantly try to steer either left side or right side depending on the road. Same goes if there is any pillion on-board and driving experience is much more worst .But if the speed goes up above 65kmph all these niggles vanish magically. Same happened in the newly built road where dotted stone implemented and solo driving without any luggage or pillion and the bike handles feel fish tailing all the way until the roads/patch ends....and increasing the speed (if possible) didn't help here.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:52   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Ideally, it is at 10,000kms or an year, but even the mechanic advises against.
According to the manual, it's inspect every 24000kms and replace every 48000 kms. I remember Aargee got his bike's plug replaced sometime back and he said it wasn't required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel2007 View Post
Request you to have a good look of the ownership manual. That clears quite a few doubts. It worked for me, atleast.
dreamseller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 03:25   #222
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys know 0 - 60, 100, 140 Kmph timing of the CBR 250. Was searching online couldn't find genuine ones. I think reputed magazines would have covered these figures, have any one come across such article.
Old 20th August 2013, 22:49   #223
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need some help.
I picked up a CBR last month, and facing some issue with the bike getting heated up pretty soon. Once faced the issue while riding within the city,the temp bar started blinking, and recently on the highway run also.
I just got the bike serviced last saturday and got the coolant levels checked and they were fine, also the got the radiator checked to make sure they were no damages.
I got the 1st service done @ around 600km, i made sure that i ride it gently during the running in period.

During the recent highways runs, i was riding @ around 100-110 kmph, during riding the bar stays @ 3 level, but the moment i used to get stuck in some traffic or slowed down my speeds the temp bar used to keep going up .
There was a time when i stopped for a bio break after riding for around an hour , i saw the temp bar was full and started blinking.
I am not quit sure, what exactly is going on.
Could you please advise, if there is anything that i need to get it checked or anything i need to do.
Please advise .

Cheers
Old 21st August 2013, 00:51   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys, need some help...
I am not quit sure, what exactly is going on.
Could you please advise, if there is anything that i need to get it checked or anything i need to do.
Please advise .
Here're the list of things to be done...
1. Since coolant level was checked, just check if the coolant is not reused from some other bike (HMSI ASC morons can do anything)
2. Engine oil - VERY IMPORTANT; please use HMSI 10W30 (BLACK) or Shell 10W40 Advance Ultra ONLY; not more than 1.6 liters with engine oil filter changed & the engine oil has been changed recently
3. Triple or Quadruple check with ASC as they haven't used 10W30 Mineral oil (GREY)
4. Also check if the fan runs periodically at the radiator; may be...may be, the fan isn't running attributing to build up the heat.

From my experience, it's extremely impossible for the temperature bar to rise more than 3; we've have ridden all day long for consecutive 6 days doing approximately 900+ Km each day during June 2012 in extremely hot temperature (Delhi & AP) & still the temperature bar stayed always at 3. Even when we parked under hot Sun at Jaipur for over an hour, the temperature bar dropped to 1 bar from 3. Even during run-in the temperature bar always stayed at 3

Last but not the least, visit Saphire Honda, meet Zeeshan, well known mechanic to fix CBR 250R in Bangalore

Last edited by aargee : 21st August 2013 at 00:54.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 10:53   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last but not the least, visit Saphire Honda, meet Zeeshan, well known mechanic to fix CBR 250R in Bangalore
Thanks aargee.
Called up Saphire Honda, and booked a slot for saturday morning to get the bike checked by Zeeshan. Hopefully Zeeshan can sort out the issue.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks