Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:55   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I know there is not much hope, but still - I am buying a bike which is already in stock (as per the dealer, the stock arrived last week), so is there any valid arguments which I can use to get the bike on the old price?
Was one of the bike allotted to you? If yes, then I guess you can avail the bike for the old price.

Quote:
One KTM dealer told me that the handle guards from KTM 390 is a straight fit on 200, but the dealer from where I plan to buy is saying that I have to change the end weights - any idea if the dealer is taking me for a ride? (I have not seen them in person yet, will check out the end weights and the shield when I go for booking the bike)
Didnt understand what he meant by 'change the weight'. Because the 200 does not come with a bar end weight and hence the handlebar end is hollow. Yes, you will have to put in the bar end weight to fix the handguard. But to fix the bar end weight, you will have to weld in the handlebar end with a thread to screw in the end weight or buy a 390 handlebar with pre-drilled thread.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 3rd June 2014 at 17:59.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:01   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Was one of the bike allotted to you? If yes, hen I guess you can avail the bike for the old price.
No, the bike is not officially alloted to me, so I dont think I will get it at the old price.

Quote:
Didnt understand what he meant by 'change the weight'. Because the 200 does not come with a bar end weight and hence the handlebar end is hollow. Yes, you will have to put in the bar end weight to fix the handguard. But to fix the bar end weight, you will have to weld in the handlebar end with a thread to screw in the end weight or buy a 390 handlebar with pre-drilled thread.
Thank you for the explanation - I was under the impression that D 200 comes with end weights. Is there any other difference between the handle bars from D 200 and D 390? If it works out to be cheaper (than ordering the powerparts handle protector), I may change the handle bar itself.

--Anoop
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:25   #843
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Quote:
Thank you for the explanation - I was under the impression that D 200 comes with end weights. Is there any other difference between the handle bars from D 200 and D 390? If it works out to be cheaper (than ordering the powerparts handle protector), I may change the handle bar itself.

--Anoop
See Baby Duke's photos at Malshej. She has the 390's bar end weights (courtesy my friend Thrttleking here ) and they are fitted on the stock 200 handle.

Hint: Use the self expanding bar end stoppers (they are plastic so not "weights" per se) of the Yamaha FZ15/Fazer.

Yes the handles of the 200 and the 390 are different. The 200's is shorter by an inch at each end. And no it does not have threads ... it is plain hollow inside.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 18:32   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
See Baby Duke's photos at Malshej. She has the 390's bar end weights (courtesy my friend Thrttleking here ) and they are fitted on the stock 200 handle.

Hint: Use the self expanding bar end stoppers (they are plastic so not "weights" per se) of the Yamaha FZ15/Fazer.

Yes the handles of the 200 and the 390 are different. The 200's is shorter by an inch at each end. And no it does not have threads ... it is plain hollow inside.
Thank you for the tip, Doc. What is your suggestion about putting D 390 handle bar on D 200?

-Anoop
Old 4th June 2014, 11:08   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the tip, Doc. What is your suggestion about putting D 390 handle bar on D 200?

-Anoop
Put it if you want to. Hardly any difference on way or the other. But what do you want to achieve for the 1000+ bucks extra you would be spending? Which you cannot by spending 50 bucks (cost of FZ15/Fazer bar end stoppers)?
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 12:35   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Put it if you want to. Hardly any difference on way or the other. But what do you want to achieve for the 1000+ bucks extra you would be spending? Which you cannot by spending 50 bucks (cost of FZ15/Fazer bar end stoppers)?
Booked the bike today, and plan to take the delivery in couple of days time.

Thank you doc, took a leaf from your book and have decided to go for the end weight of RTR. 448 INR for 2 end weights and rubber bush.

Is there any site \ pointers on how to decode the VIN for Duke 200? The links I have seen till now don't help to decode the VIN of Indian bikes.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 4th June 2014 at 12:45.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 23:30   #847
Senior - BHPian

Took the delivery today from BTM Showroom - also met fellow BHPian Nasirkaka - it was nice meeting you.

Fixed the knuckle protector using Apache end weights and removed the sari guard.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 7th June 2014 at 23:35.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 10:40   #848
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on becoming a rider (more than owner) of Indias Little Monster! Enjoy her to the full. She'll teach you a lot more about riding than many of your old bikes di till now. Maybe more.
Old 23rd June 2014, 18:19   #849
Senior - BHPian

Which is the best oil for Duke 200?

I have seen lot of info about Motul 7100 and Motul 300V, but hardly any info about using other brands (Shell, Mobil 1 etc). Among Motul 300V, Mobil 1 and Shell Advance Ultra, which one is best?

Which is the best suited grade for engine oil - 10W40, 15W40 or 20W40?

--Anoop
Old 24th June 2014, 00:35   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which is the best suited grade for engine oil - 10W40, 15W40 or 20W40?
Recommended grade is 10W50. So better stick to it. At the first service i changed to Motul 7100 10W50. Feels slightly better than the oil that came from the factory. No idea about the Shell or Mobil1 oils.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 09:45   #851
Senior - BHPian

IMHO. The 300V would be an overkill and is not really required unless you are riding the bike on the edge everytime(read Racetrack). I would suggest the 7100, it is cheaper and the performance is more than adequate for normal usage.
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 12:09   #852
Senior - BHPian

The day finally came yesterday. I had to let my baby go. The new owner came with the paperwork to my place and as promised I rode the bike and him back to his place. His wife and kids came out to welcome her and a house welcoming Puja was done. Finally all last minute instructions given, exhortations to use her well and take care of her and get her serviced regularly and use only the best oils and parts on her, it was time to finally let go. I felt like a father letting his daughter go to a new home. Very sad moment as I spent a few seconds with her where she was parked, stil gleaming like a brand new bike after 2 years 4 months and 10 days, and I kept looking longingly back at her as I rode out of her new parking lot and society sitting pillion behind her new owner on his Dio as he rode me back to my place. And the sweet Thank You his 7 year old son shyly told me as they left.

I will miss you Baby Duke 222. You were, are, and will always continue to be one hell of a bike. I loved every moment riding you, looking at you, cleaning you, and I learned so much more of biking and riding from you, on you. You always gave your 200% on every ride, in any weather, for any length of time that I flogged you, and would always respond like a fresh faced young teenager every time I whipped the throttle and demanded instant response.

Some before and after photos of the day you came into our lives and the day you sadly went away ....... hope you enjoyed your time with me as much as I did with you!

The day you came

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-1-she-comes.jpg

The day you left

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-1-she-goes.jpeg

The day you came

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-2-she-comes.jpg

The day you left

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-2-she-goes.jpeg

The day you came

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-3-she-comes.jpg

The day you left

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-3-she-goes.jpeg

The day you came

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-4-she-comes.jpg

The day you left

KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!-4-she-goes.jpeg

Stay well, and stay strong. Always.

I will miss you. You were one of the best bikes I've ever owned and ridden.
ebonho is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 16:07   #853
BHPian

When one chapter ends, another begins..
What's next doc?

We got our bikes (almost) together (yeah you before me).
I completely mirror what you say about the duke having taught me so much than my other bikes. Great bike! Thanks for a great thread.
Now for the next chapter. We ride on!

Cheers,
Kapil
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 16:29   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
When one chapter ends, another begins..
What's next doc?

We got our bikes (almost) together (yeah you before me).
I completely mirror what you say about the duke having taught me so much than my other bikes. Great bike! Thanks for a great thread.
Now for the next chapter. We ride on!

Cheers,
Kapil
Lol thanks bro. You (and Ram) of all people know exactly what's next. The Duke needs a good sequel, deserves a great sequel. Otherwise it would be an anti-climax, and we can't have that.

P.S. This thread has been a great journey. 850+ posts and over a quarter million views! Could not have dreamed of that when I started it. Was going through some of the earliest posts today and reliving the memories. A small bike with a really big and strong heart. Well made Bajaj-KTM! Kudos.

Last edited by ebonho : 30th June 2014 at 16:33.
Old 1st July 2014, 00:39   #855
BHPian

Quote:
The day finally came yesterday. I had to let my baby go. Stay well, and stay strong. Always. I will miss you. You were one of the best bikes I've ever owned and ridden.
Doc. All good things come to an end eventually. But a consolation about this end is is that some other good thing is soon going to happen in your life Anyway I can relate and my thoughts are with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks