Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 16:46   #376

Re: KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Bro, I did not understand what exactly you meant by "interchanges" ?

Water/moisture should not be visible under the plastic of the MFD.
Sorry Doc, interchanges are those signal free turning paths that put one from one highway/freeway to another.

BTW, a 5 minute hair drier treatment appears to have gotten rid of the moisture from underneath the transparent plastic cover of the MFD. In any case, I'll bring this to the notice of the service folks when I go for my next service.
Old 8th August 2012, 17:35   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was speaking to someone senior yesterday. Seems the 690 is around the corner. Pricing as always is something people are looking to Bajaj for in terms of yet another rabbit out of the hat!

The 375 (badged as a 390) though does not seem to be very optimistic for in terms of end of this year/early next year. Seems it is still a year away. :(
The news on 350/390 is depressing. :( had been eagerly awaiting its launch around dec/jan.

Is 690 made in India or will it be available here as CKD? Considering its still a single naked, what would be an approximation on cost?

Sometimes, just feel like going ahead with the 200.
Old 8th August 2012, 17:50   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Is 690 made in India or will it be available here as CKD? Considering its still a single naked, what would be an approximation on cost?

Sometimes, just feel like going ahead with the 200.
690 is CKD just like Ninja. As 690 will be competing with Ninja 650, Hyo GT650N/R, i feel they may price between 4.5 to 5 lacs.

Remember that bajaj has got over 40% ownership stake in KTM and any day they would like to sell KTM in more numbers than a Ninja.
Had checked a video on youtube where 690 performed on a track and it was cool considering it has got a single cylinder. It is high tech as 200 with ride by wire and slipper clutch. Its low weight of ~150KG yields a wonderful ~440 BHP/Ton power to weight ratio.

Me too confused whether to buy a 200/250CC bike right now and upgrade to a 600CC later. I am still not sure what exactly i want. Hence i will rather wait and watch and save in the mean time.
Old 8th August 2012, 18:34   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
690 is CKD just like Ninja. As 690 will be competing with Ninja 650, Hyo GT650N/R, i feel they may price between 4.5 to 5 lacs.
Even i was on thinking on similar lines. Considering the OTR at around 5+ L, was not too excited about it, purely budgetary reasons. :(

Was waiting for 350/390, expecting it to be around 2L mark. Shall wait for a couple of months, and if there is no concrete new, will go ahead with 200. Till then, C5 zindabad!
Old 8th August 2012, 19:18   #380
Senior - BHPian

Guys don't be so sure about the 690 being a pure Austrian CKD.

There is something afloat ..... and its only going to be good news cost-wise(all fingers and toes crossed).

The 390 too is on the anvil - but do not expect it before March-April next year from what I have heard.
Old 8th August 2012, 19:38   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys don't be so sure about the 690 being a pure Austrian CKD.

There is something afloat ..... and its only going to be good news cost-wise(all fingers and toes crossed).
You had said 690 is around corner. Any information about dates?
How much could they price it according to you?
If they gonna launch in 3 to 4 months then i will wait.
Old 8th August 2012, 19:58   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
You had said 690 is around corner. Any information about dates?
How much could they price it according to you?
If they gonna launch in 3 to 4 months then i will wait.
Yeah, everything pointing to Sep-Oct.

No idea about the price man. Can but wait and hope.

Bottom line - if the price is anywhere close to the Ninja 650, given the inclination and finances, I would not bat an eyelid before going for the KTM.

Its that sort of bike.
Old 16th August 2012, 17:39   #383
Senior - BHPian

Nice review by the UK guys at VisorDown -

KTM 200 Duke first UK ride review - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown

They suggest a tooth up up front or two teeth down out back to sort out the gearing for highway capability.

Seems about right.
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:14   #384
Senior - BHPian

Went for the KTM Check-up camp today.

ECU was checked. I don't know if they booted it with any program updates as well.

Rear shocker still feels soft at 5 so got that stiffened to 6.

Chain adjustment seemed ok with me sitting on the bike (I believe in setting a chain the old fashioned way - not the 5-7 mm they've recommended in the manual which makes the chain rock taut when you sit and load the suspension and swingarm - my way it is 12+ mm and absolutely no chain slap).

Chain cleaned and oiled. The guys used oil on the sides of the rollers first and then "locked" it in with the OKS spray. Seems to work better in the rains per them. As it is I have noticed this chain drying up very quickly, especially in the wet.

After other checks were done, the Motul guys were kind enough to give me a keychain and a pair of Motul embossed gloves. Thank you! (I even liked the pen set they gave us the last time - very classy and quality stuff).

Bike seems to be flying. Am really happy with the service guys and Bajaj's ever obliging and helpful Mr. Brijesh Pandey and the team of experts at Sai Service (Sachin, Satish) led by Mr. Sandeep.

Few fedbacks given:

1) Please improve the lights (especially the intensity and throw - the spread is really good, but at speed you need throw)

2) Rear fender still hitting hugger - I am getting rid of the hugger once the rains end

3) Water off late has been getting under the pillion seat into the compartment where all the fuses, connectors, and electricals are - in the early days, after a wash, the compartment used to stay bone dry.

Last edited by ebonho : 22nd August 2012 at 21:30.
Old 23rd August 2012, 17:50   #385
Team-BHP Support

Hi!

How many kms clocked till date?
Old 23rd August 2012, 18:20   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi!

How many kms clocked till date?
Only 4500 bro. Struggling with work.

P.S. Duke guys, how many of you find the end of the rear fender (the rectangular reflector part) hitting the hugger? Would like to know your weights and the setting number of your rear shock.

Please respond, cause I want to figure out a way (hopefully with the Bajaj guys) to make this go away.

Last edited by ebonho : 23rd August 2012 at 18:33.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 20:42   #387
catchvinny

Hello doc... I have been closely following your thread and was one of the major factors in deciding to go ahead with the duke. I am done with the booking and will be doing the final payment this weekend, so I would be getting it early next week since here in bangalore they have assured 3 working day delivery after full payment . My question to you is that: is there I need to look for anything specific on the duke I am going to pick up? What I mean is also on the lines to check if Bajaj has addressed any of the issues you reported to them on the bikes which are now coming out of the factory?

Hopefully I can find some nice guys(like Mr. Brijesh Pandey and team) in the service center once I visit them for my first service. Request duke owners from bangalore direct me to the good guys in the Indira Nagar service station, if you have come across them already.

Old 24th August 2012, 07:42   #388
BHPian

Doc,
Orangutan currently at 7200kms on the odo.
My rear hugger has come back on for the rains and have clocked 3500kms since. The rear fender does not touch the hugger. I weigh in at 79-80kgs and my rear suspension is at 5. Hope this helps.

Vinny,
You are in good hands this way or that. Indiranagar has Prassana and Karthik running the show. You will invariably be directed to them. It's pretty awesome that their turn around time is now 3 days. We first customers stood in line early in the morning and had to wait for a month for deliveries.
Enjoy your Duke. It's a fab machine and mighty mighty capable!

Cheers,
Kapil
You are
wolfy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 11:38   #389
BHPian

Quote:
P.S. Duke guys, how many of you find the end of the rear fender (the rectangular reflector part) hitting the hugger? Would like to know your weights and the setting number of your rear shock.

Please respond, cause I want to figure out a way (hopefully with the Bajaj guys) to make this go away.
Doc,

Have clocked close to 5.2K Kms till date. I weigh around 62-63 Kgs while the suspension setting is still stock.

The rear fender on my bike does hit the tyre hugger often.
The hitting gets very frequent when two up (payload of approx 130 Kgs), but that I can live with since the suspension setting is meant for a lower payload.
NikhilB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 13:29   #390
catchvinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Vinny,
You are in good hands this way or that. Indiranagar has Prassana and Karthik running the show. You will invariably be directed to them. It's pretty awesome that their turn around time is now 3 days. We first customers stood in line early in the morning and had to wait for a month for deliveries.
Enjoy your Duke. It's a fab machine and mighty mighty capable!
Thanks wolfy!! I can understand your position to wait for so long. I am already on the edge of the seat to grab it , but getting delayed due to some affidavit that I need to get done for the address proof :(

Last week, when I went to book the bike, I saw a lot of (may be 20 or more) dukes stocked in the basement of the Indiranagar KTM. I guess that must be the reason for their 3 day turn around time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks