Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 00:35   #76
BHPian

re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Neat execution. Had posted about Bajaj missing in the Auto Expo.
Some random thoughts however..
Why couldnt they showcase this at the Expo?
Why announce just within days of the Expo?
Old 1st February 2012, 00:53   #77
BHPian

re: The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune

Is it a shift light on top of the LCD screen on the dash?
Attached Thumbnails
The All New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Unveiled! Update: Rs 84,096- ex showroom Pune-speedo.jpg  

Old 1st February 2012, 02:07   #78
Team-BHP Support

Three spark-plugs is good an' all, but Bajaj should have given it some 'real' technology. Like 4-valves per cylinder, or fuel-injection. Wouldn't that improve efficiency even further?
Old 1st February 2012, 02:36   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Thats a redline flasher led(max. RPM). One thing i love in this new pulsar is that, there is absolutely no graphics wat so ever throughout the body! simple and mean. I read in ToI that this pulsar is designed with consultation by the BMW motorrad(motorbikes) designer(former).
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 02:41   #80
BHPian

It looks and I am sure it will ride well too, but IMO it is a complete ripoff of KTM Duke 200. In a Chinesey way. Now that Bajaj has got all access on techno of KTM this was bound to happen.
Old 1st February 2012, 03:23   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Thats a redline flasher led(max. RPM).
Thanks Alpha, that's what i meant.

Except the tail the machine looks stunning, tail design keeps reminding me of the 135LS. Black color will look more meaner and sinister with this design. I guess NS indicates there will be full/half fairing versions.
Old 1st February 2012, 05:00   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ technocrat,

Wot design survey?!
A Survey firm conducted Surveys on behalf of Bajaj, some time in 2009. They did it in different batches (one batch of 150 cc owners another of 220/zma owners etc)

They had a few questions for the owners & then they showed a few designs & asked people about their opinions on those designs as to what did they like, didnt like etc. Also what they would like to see in their next bike & why.

Basically they showed different designs which showed varity of designs showcasing, broad/thin rear tyre, faired vs no faired, USD forks etc layouts.

And Yes I did attend one of these surveys
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 07:22   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Three spark-plugs is good an' all, but Bajaj should have given it some 'real' technology. Like 4-valves per cylinder, or fuel-injection. Wouldn't that improve efficiency even further?
Is it "real technology" only if an automobile biggie from other shores comes up with it? BAL has been on the forefront of incremental R&D to small engines, and I'm sure this is something they did for a good reason. Of course let's see how the experiment works out in real life conditions, but no reason to mock it as a gimmick. Its not the usual sticker job upgrades we see.
zenx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 08:52   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Isn't that what KTM is for?

Duke 200 has been introduced at 1.18L to fight the premium end of the market. Pulsar will be the VFM performance bike offering from Bajaj stable and has to be priced around 90k ex-showroom IMO. Going 4-valves per cylinder, fuel injection and all are good - but the costs will again be very similar to the KTM - which doesn't make any sense at all!

And - if you think again - Had it been an FI bike - the system would have been based on the KTM unit and its no 'real' (Indian) technology to showcase. Would only result in an increase of price.

DTSi was a real good technology from Bajaj and it offerred a good blend of economy and performance. My 180 DTSi has been returning a good 46.5 kmpl (Accurate data from past 6500+ kms). I am looking forward to the triple spark. If it can acheive the claimed mileage figures without compromising on performance - I say bring it on!

It might not be huge technology to add a spark to the cylinder - but does it matter as long as the results are met? In this case - its VFM price tag, solid performance and reasonable fuel economy.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st February 2012 at 08:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 08:53   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Carburetter has been used for better performance
How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_23 View Post
Will give nightmares to zmr and r15, also the fz series and apaches.
It will take a while for BAL to ace R15 as far as handling & refinement goes & by the time they reach that level, the goal posts will be kicked forward.
Quote:
Like 4-valves per cylinder, or fuel-injection. Wouldn't that improve efficiency even further?
They have 4 valves per cylinder on Pulsar 135 and this Motorcycle. I believe they have left out fuel injection to keep costs down. Reason why 3 spark plugs are used I believe.

The only riding impression I managed to read was as usual biased. Find a road test or riding impression from that particular author of any BAL product and you shall spot too many similarities. Better you test-ride it.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 08:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Basically they showed different designs which showed varity of designs showcasing, broad/thin rear tyre, faired vs no faired, USD forks etc layouts.

And Yes I did attend one of these surveys
How was the faired version? I mean, was it completely faired like the R15 or half faired like the P220?
Old 1st February 2012, 09:24   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Is it "real technology" only if an automobile biggie from other shores comes up with it? BAL has been on the forefront of incremental R&D to small engines, and I'm sure this is something they did for a good reason. Of course let's see how the experiment works out in real life conditions, but no reason to mock it as a gimmick. Its not the usual sticker job upgrades we see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Isn't that what KTM is for?

Duke 200 has been introduced at 1.18L to fight the premium end of the market. Pulsar will be the VFM performance bike offering from Bajaj stable and has to be priced around 90k ex-showroom IMO. Going 4-valves per cylinder, fuel injection and all are good - but the costs will again be very similar to the KTM - which doesn't make any sense at all!

And - if you think again - Had it been an FI bike - the system would have been based on the KTM unit and its no 'real' (Indian) technology to showcase. Would only result in an increase of price.

DTSi was a real good technology from Bajaj and it offerred a good blend of economy and performance. My 180 DTSi has been returning a good 46.5 kmpl (Accurate data from past 6500+ kms). I am looking forward to the triple spark. If it can acheive the claimed mileage figures without compromising on performance - I say bring it on!

It might not be huge technology to add a spark to the cylinder - but does it matter as long as the results are met? In this case - its VFM price tag, solid performance and reasonable fuel economy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How?

It will take a while for BAL to ace R15 as far as handling & refinement goes & by the time they reach that level, the goal posts will be kicked forward.

They have 4 valves per cylinder on Pulsar 135 and this Motorcycle. I believe they have left out fuel injection to keep costs down. Reason why 3 spark plugs are used I believe.

The only riding impression I managed to read was as usual biased. Find a road test or riding impression from that particular author of any BAL product and you shall spot too many similarities. Better you test-ride it.

No mocking around here. Just like Mahindra and Tata, I'd love to see Bajaj go places in the Automobile industry, on a global level. Nothing else would give me greater satisfaction than to see Indian automotive-companies making their mark. We can see it happen, and I'm sure in a few years, we'd be a force to reckoned with.

I had no idea that the 135 was equipped with 4 valves. What about the 150, 180, 200 and 220?

And you guys are right. @ Crazydriver It wouldn't make sense going in for FI, citing costs and at the end of the day, it would probably be derived from KTM.

The Pulsar series has created a massive fan-base among enthusiasts and the general public. I'd want to see Bajaj deliver on a massive scale, with this new generation.

The only actual grouse I have with the old Pulsar, is the awkward seating-position for both pillion and rider.
Old 1st February 2012, 10:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Well we can hope that its a Shift Light,

But knowing Bajaj, I am hoping that its not a Side-Stand light
Old 1st February 2012, 11:56   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Bike definitively looks good on paper with its specs. When compared with Duke does it offer a VFM package? Guess the answer is no considering that the Duke comes with an FI & USD forks when compared to ol Carb & regular fork setup.
Seems heavily inspired by the Honda CB, but somehow felt that the tail lets it down quite a length.
Well said brother, that's exactly what i felt when i saw the pics, the designers seems really into the CB, which reflects on the design. The tail section should have been a lot better for time and resource Bajaj has put into the bike. My personal opinion is that the tail section could have been a couple of more inches taller, giving the bike a sharper look from front to rear.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:16   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
It looks and I am sure it will ride well too, but IMO it is a complete ripoff of KTM Duke 200. In a Chinesey way. Now that Bajaj has got all access on techno of KTM this was bound to happen.
Yes, I too see a lot of identical details here and there between the pulsar 200NS and the KTM Duke 200.

Quote:
Fuel-injection is in the pipeline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

DTSi was a real good technology from Bajaj and it offerred a good blend of economy and performance. My 180 DTSi has been returning a good 46.5 kmpl (Accurate data from past 6500+ kms). I am looking forward to the triple spark. If it can acheive the claimed mileage figures without compromising on performance - I say bring it on! .[/b]
My 1st Generation Pulsar 180 gave me 42kmpl and TTSI while a good move is not really that significant IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks