Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:59   #256
BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yesterday, I fitted an aux pair of lights to the Maroon Marauder and also changed the bulbs of parking lights ( including the one in main headlamps) to white bulbs. The work was done cleanly and meticulously with the switch placed below the handle near the accelaration grip.
Nice lights! Could you tell me where this workshop is located?
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:18   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoil View Post

The workshop is located in Tadbund opposite Hanuman Temple. When your coming from Paradise side towards Bowenpally you will cross Pakwaan which comes on your left, just a 100m you get a signal, at the signal take a right. You will see the temple on your right and this workshop is on your left.

The name of the workshop is 'The Street Flames' looked after by guy named Mr. Vinay Mohta.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd February 2014 at 16:39.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 18:01   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anurag has already provided the location. I was there this afternoon and got the clamp reinstalled. 10 mins job and zero charges

MM is back to its good ol' thumpin' ways !!

Btw, another BHPian Insearch got it installed on his TB500 last evening and is pretty happy, iam told
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 00:45   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Anurag has already provided the location. I was there this afternoon and got the clamp reinstalled. 10 mins job and zero charges
Something felt right about this store when I looked at your pictures, a store that has some aftermarket options and an in-house mechanic/electrician for fitment.

I went there late this evening to take a look at the LED and projector options for my Impulse.

I even asked about your broken clamp; I was told the clamp was 'broken on purpose' by some vandal and surely didn't break off on its own. I was even shown a flimsy piece of broken metal - was it a thin aluminum looking piece that broke? It looked like it could very well have broken off on it's own of it was indeed the offending piece.

There is a dearth of 4300K projector or HID options in Hyderabad and sadly this store doesn't have them either. I was told 4300K was only sold in car kits and was offered 6000K as the ideal choice/alternative.

Your lights are certainly impressive. Are they the 5W or 10W version? I was looking at Cree LEDs as an option too and yours seem a cost effective solution.
airfoil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 01:42   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Something felt right about this store when I looked at your pictures, a store that has some aftermarket options and an in-house mechanic/electrician for fitment.

Your lights are certainly impressive. Are they the 5W or 10W version?
I like that workshop and the guy incharge knows what he speaks and is a member of Team-BHP & xBHP.

I have bought lot of stuff from him and do get my bike serviced there as the workmanship is very good.

I guess those lamps are 5W.

We can meet up soon at the workshop if and when you are free and if you stay close by.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 08:30   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I even asked about your broken clamp; I was told the clamp was 'broken on purpose' by some vandal and surely didn't break off on its own. I was even shown a flimsy piece of broken metal - was it a thin aluminum looking piece that broke? It looked like it could very well have broken off on it's own of it was indeed the offending piece.
Yes, Vinay ( owner of the store) mentioned it was forcibly bent hence the clamp broke. It will not break even if the bike goes THUD on bad patches or speed breakers.

Btw, he used to supply a lot of material to Harley and also now for Triumph. He asked me to hold on as he can source lot of Triumph accessories at way cheaper prices

I havent checked with Vinay what would be the wattage of those bulbs, will do that soon

Btw, some of us Team-BHPians are going for a ride this saturday morning. Total ride is 200kms and will start at 7am and return latest by Noon. Please PM me if interested to join

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have bought lot of stuff from him and do get my bike serviced there as the workmanship is very good.
The young chap who works on the bike looks a bit like Farhan Akhtar. I call him Farhan and he feels good about it and works even better on my bike
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 21:16   #262
BHPian

I got delivery of my Desert Storm on 2nd Jan 14 and since 2 weeks its giving me self start trouble. Visited the service center and asked for battery replacement, however it seems they just charged the battery and made me pay INR 150 for it.

Is this a usual problem with RE 500 ?
Old 10th February 2014, 23:23   #263
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
I got delivery of my Desert Storm on 2nd Jan 14 and since 2 weeks its giving me self start trouble. Visited the service center and asked for battery replacement, however it seems they just charged the battery and made me pay INR 150 for it.

Is this a usual problem with RE 500 ?
Check the wiring and also is the alternator working as it should? I guess while the engine is running it must recharge the battery so the next time when used the battery should work normally.

How do you use the ES in cold starts? BTW, which battery is this - Rating and Manufacturer please!

Anurag.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:33   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Check the wiring and also is the alternator working as it should? I guess while the engine is running it must recharge the battery so the next time when used the battery should work normally.

How do you use the ES in cold starts? BTW, which battery is this - Rating and Manufacturer please!
Anurag.
Hi anurag, I press the ES without using tge accelerator. Its an exide battery. Do they replace the battery in warranty or just repair it ?
Old 10th February 2014, 23:38   #265
BANNED

Quote:
Hi anurag, I press the ES without using the accelerator. Its an exide battery. Do they replace the battery in warranty or just repair it ?
Thy should ideally replace ANY part that is having a defect and is found, reported in the warranty period which SHOULD be in satisfaction to the guys at RE where they will replace the part.

Either the alternator needs attention or the battery.

Answer the following :

1) Try one thing, switch ON the headlamp switch and thumb the starter, if the headlights dim too much then the battery is the problem.

2) How long does the ES take to fire the engine?

3) What is the distilled water level in the battery?

4) Any electrical modifications (Horns, higher wattage bulbs)?

Anurag.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:38   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I never had any problem with ES of my Classic 500. I had to replace my batter after about 1.5 years at cost of INR 2700

However, I note that using ES the bike wont start in first instance. You need to give it a try more than once. Otherwise no issues for me till date

Quote:
Hi anurag, I press the ES without using tge accelerator. Its an exide battery. Do they replace the battery in warranty or just repair it ?
Ofcourse they will replace the battery in warranty of your problem gets replicated even after you do a full charge of your battery and ASC acknowledges that fact

My kickstart is disabled due to RD map but, you can always rely on this alternate mode of starting the bike which is no less than a nice workout in the morning
Old 28th February 2014, 15:12   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (10,000kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

I've been using the BULL almost daily ever since I bought it and each time I ride it it gives me immense pleasure as the day I bought it.

There has been zero niggles so far and hope this run continues.

Bike feels smooth till about 100kmph and absolutely no vibrations. MM is put on lower pedestal after its big brother arrived.

You can read about "Maroon Marauder's" new pal " Black Bruiser" here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...omes-home.html

I seem to get fewer chances to take MM out for rides but, it does duty for all chores that can be done on a motorcyle.

Now I plan to use the BULL in its true sense to thump around at 80kmph-90kmph and enjoy its unique ride instead of riding it in a style it was not used too.

P.S: Someone has been fidgetting with it's air-filter cover and i was unable to fit it back in. I had to use a small iron bolt to hit the key screw inside to bring its bent shape back to original

Finished 9,500kms
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 15:56   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Plan to get a new clamp fixed and get the aux lamp back in its position soon. Otherwise, the Maroon Marauder still rocks !!
Good Lights, are these LED Lights? If yes can you please share further details on them? The wattage, they appear to to be 10W each but I can be easily wrong. How much did they cost you? Did you draw separate power lines from the battery or did you cut up the indicator power cables to accommodate a circuit with power switch?

Your bike looks clean and the exhaust adds more to the charm.

Ride safe
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 00:56   #269
BHPian

Hi Mobike008.

Im looking at bikes at the TB500 is the strongest contender. Having a knee problem, I am averse to kickstart it. Think the ES is 100% reliable?

I Don't mind if I have to thumb it once or twice, but I don't want to use the kickstart, ever.

Also, liked your thread about the Triumph sir. Also, the cool names your bikes get :-)
P.S. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 13:27   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Good Lights, are these LED Lights? If yes can you please share further details on them? The wattage, they appear to to be 10W each but I can be easily wrong.

How much did they cost you? Did you draw separate power lines from the battery or did you cut up the indicator power cables to accommodate a circuit with power switch?
Hi, Thanks for your comments and questions.

Sorry for delay in response as these days my new beast in stable (Triumph Bonneville) is getting more attention than this beauty

Here is my response to your queries :-

1. Yes, these are LED lights and each is 5watt. As you can see in Post #254, the illumination is so strong, its almost like daylight

2. They installed a separate switch below the handle bar ( its invisible, that reminds me will click a pic of that and post here sometime soon) and when i switch on ignition, then switch ON the switch, these lights get turned on

3. Those two LED 5 watt lights + 2 bulbs in the indicator and main headlamp costed me Rs.2600 and they work marvellously and seller knows people who are using it from nearly 1.5 years so its reliable as well

4. Exhuast on my bull is keeping my interest in the Bull alive after getting the Bonnie. It sounds fantastic and is a head turner for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
Im looking at bikes at the TB500 is the strongest contender. Having a knee problem, I am averse to kickstart it. Think the ES is 100% reliable?
Electric Start is extremely reliable. In the 26 months that I owned my bullet, not once it didnt start on thumbing the ES. I must have used kick start maybe 2-3 times till date just for the fun of it

ES sometimes needs more than once thumbing but, it does start. No issues

Quote:
I Don't mind if I have to thumb it once or twice, but I don't want to use the kickstart, ever.
Now after the RD map fittment, kick start is disabled so i depend 100% on ES

Quote:
Also, liked your thread about the Triumph sir. Also, the cool names your bikes get
Thank you. I love naming my steeds. Old habits die hard

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th March 2014 at 13:29.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks