Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 11:16   #241
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1.Last weekend we went for another 250kms ride and during the middle of ride the bike sputtered and was shutting off even from a coasting 40kmph+ speeds. I immediately realized that it has to do with headlights. Didnt touch the bike for 3 straight days and rode last evening, same headlight issue...Whew !!
Check the fuse and the wiring for the electricals. I feel it had something to do with the bulb or the fuse if the wiring to the same. The bike is not able to take the loaf of the electricals so it is switching off. It it could be the alternator.

Quote:
2. some surface had small slits in the road and during that patch, i felt the bike wobble a lot, especially the front hang

tried leaving both hands and could feel the bike wobble more than usual.

However, i still feel there is a very light wobble when i leave my hands

What could be the issue?
The wobble was normal on the first Road add the road itself was bad and had so marks that the bullock carts do the road. When the wheel of the bike goes over these rides the tyres shakes giving a feel of the wobble. I too was facing the same in my Karizma but no issue was faced on NH-7.

What the pressures were toy maintaining that day? If it lower than roquefort the wobble can be induced. Fill up 1-2psi hover than recommended and check for the wobble (Hands leaving thing)

If your still not satisfied go to a wheel alignment guy or puncture repair fellow and ask him to check the roundness and true the wheel. This should get the MM back into form.

OT:

(As discussed) A bullet that crunches miles without any niggles/issues is NOT fit to be called Royal Enfield. The must be something or the other to keep your mind busy.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 18th December 2013 at 11:18.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 14:26   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

re: RE Classic Chrome 500 (9500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!

I guess need to check the wiring and also the health of alternator checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What the pressures were toy maintaining that day? If it lower than roquefort the wobble can be induced. Fill up 1-2psi hover than recommended and check for the wobble (Hands leaving thing)

If your still not satisfied go to a wheel alignment guy or puncture repair fellow and ask him to check the roundness and true the wheel. This should get the MM back into form.
Actually, Iam begining to think can it be due to higher PSI in tyres? Because that morning, I filled in 32 for rear and 28 for front which as per most bulleteers on forum is on higher side.

I will reduce the pressure and see if it makes a difference. If not, then will get the wheel throwed as you mentioned

Quote:
OT:(As discussed) A bullet that crunches miles without any niggles/issues is NOT fit to be called Royal Enfield. The must be something or the other to keep your mind busy
Ahem! That's good to read and pass on the folklore to the world but, in reality who doesnt want to own a hassle free motorcycle?
Old 22nd December 2013, 11:05   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Last saturday our regular small group of riders rode to Medak church through the Narsapur forest and returned via. the 4-lane NH7 highway covering a total of 230kms.

The route via. Narsapur forest is one of my favorite routes to ride a bike and is extrmely popular with bikers as i have on numerous instances see superbike groups also riding on this route. It has long sweeping left and right handers which is a pleasure to take at 80kmph.

However, there is a small peril on this route and you need to keep the eyes peeled out as you finish the turn you may be greeted with not one or two but, a few dozen monkeys occupying the entire road

This sight is pretty common on this route and we see atleast a hundred monkeys as we cross some 40kms of this forest area.This was the route where I had a few hiccups with the bike and it sputtered shut and would restart as long as i dont switch headlights on. Anyways, I got the bike
checked at ASC yesterday and they recommended me to get the battery checked once as even horn sounds after pressing it hard

Btw, couple of days ago, had gone out for dinner and parked the bike at a popular restuarant and went for a movie in a multiplex next door. Upon return, I noticed someone forcibly pryed open the air filter compartment as cover/lid was open. I wasnt able to close the lid with key as the lid is slightly bent. I somehow forced the lid shut but, have to get the cover dented to its original shape for able to close it smoothly with a key.

Last time around, someone had flicked the steel casing of the battery and now this incident. Looks like my BULL draws unwarranted attention

Here are a few pictures from last saturday's ride to Medak
Attached Thumbnails
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7955.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7960.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc8269_01.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7962.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7953_01.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7956.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7959.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc7970_01.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc8028.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc8052.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc8097.jpg  

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-_dsc8271_01.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:12   #244
BHPian

Ahh nice ride that one. I love riding down to Medak and Pocharam in particular. Love crossing the water at Pocharam

PS:- The exhaust looks after-market. Which one is it? Looks neat!
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:13   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
PS:- The exhaust looks after-market. Which one is it? Looks neat!
It's custom made and very popular with some of our group members. Same exhuast is fitted on atleast 10 different Classic 500
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:38   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, couple of days ago, had gone out for dinner and parked the bike at a popular restuarant and went for a movie in a multiplex next door. Upon return, I noticed someone forcibly pryed open the air filter compartment as cover/lid was open. I wasnt able to close the lid with key as the lid is slightly bent. I somehow forced the lid shut but, have to get the cover dented to its original shape for able to close it smoothly with a key....
Thank you for sharing the road trip. The pictures are greatly captured. With regards to the small incident that you had at the multiplex, it seems to me that might be someone has tried to steel the casings. Might be that he had some accidents and now is not able to procure the same from RE. If that be the case, Scarce availability of spare parts, and that too the ones which add more to the visual appeal and form factor, these incidents are bound to happen, in the society we stay. I can only wish you to place an order for each sides in advance, just to be on the safer side, you know, just in case.

Hey by the way, I just had my first ride with fellow Bulleteers on the 22nd. Covered approx 160-170 odd kilometres (both ways) and some off roading as well. There were 8 riders in the group with 7 Bullets. It felt so great to hear the united and rhythmic thumps of all the Bullets in unison, while passing through habitats, makes you feel more proud of owning the Bull. Some pictures are updated on my post.
Old 23rd December 2013, 10:22   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hey by the way, I just had my first ride with fellow Bulleteers on the 22nd. Covered approx 160-170 odd kilometres (both ways) and some off roading as well. There were 8 riders in the group with 7 Bullets. It felt so great to hear the united and rhythmic thumps of all the Bullets in unison, while passing through habitats, makes you feel more proud of owning the Bull. Some pictures are updated on my post.
Yes, need to be really careful where I park the bike next time onwards as one incident is fine but, twice in less than 6 months is a bit too much.

I saw your post and congratulations for your first ride with a group. I used to love riding with large groups ( 30-40 bullets) initially but, now i prefer riding with smaller groups of 4-8 bikes at the maximum

Quote:
My new insurance is renewed as follows :-

ICICIC Lombard
IDV Value : Rs.1.39,500
Premium Paid : Rs.3175
Policy will start on Dec 24th ( 2 days in advance for them to make enquiry about my policy details since i didnt provide them that info)
This quote is from December 2012 and I got the following quote online from ICICI Bank and today happens to be last day before my insurance expires

IDV Value : 1,31,000
Premium Quoted : 2,900

I havent made any claims till date but, the premium doesnt seem to reduce much.

Is there any scope for negotiation OR this premium amount is fine for this year renewal?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 01:56   #248
BANNED

Quote:
It has long sweeping left and right handers which is a pleasure to take at 80kmph.
Love those corners and it makes you feel like Rossi for that moment. I'm itching to take my car on those corners. Problem with that route are those RTC buses, no control of speed and the bus. It is like they almost drive onto you.

Quote:
However, there is a small peril on this route and you need to keep the eyes peeled out as you finish the turn you may be greeted with not one or two but, a few dozen monkeys occupying the entire road.
Those monkeys I must say, when the speed + correct line for that corner is achieved and your half-way into the corner, these monkeys come onto the road and spoil the whole fun. It is all ready for panic braking!

Quote:
Anyways, I got the bike checked at ASC yesterday and they recommended me to get the battery checked once as even horn sounds after pressing it hard.
What is the status of this battery check up?

Quote:
Last time around, someone had flicked the steel casing of the battery and now this incident.
Oops! Hope there is no damage to the battery or wiring due to their stealing effort! Take care.

Anurag.
Old 24th December 2013, 08:57   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

I renewed my insurance last night with just a few minutes to spade online from ICICI Lombard

Paid Rs.2998 with an IDV Value of 1,31,000/-INR

Quote:
What is the status of this battery check up?
Hope to get it checked today as i have some free time today
Old 24th December 2013, 09:10   #250
BANNED

Quote:
I renewed my insurance last night with just a few minutes to spade online from ICICI Lombard

Paid Rs.2998 with an IDV Value of 1,31,000/-INR

Hope to get it checked today as i have some free time today
ICICI Lombard's instant renewal or a new insurance online is fast and easy to fill. They have kept that simple.

Please update the thread regarding the battery check once your free.

What is the tyre pressure your maintaining now add you had said that you were maintaining 1-2 psi higher than recommended during the Medak Church ride!

Anurag.
Old 11th January 2014, 20:58   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's custom made and very popular with some of our group members. Same exhuast is fitted on atleast 10 different Classic 500
Avinash,

Can you please do me some favors
  • Can this silencer muffler be fitted on Bullet 500?
  • Can this be shipped to Pune?
  • If yes, what will be the charges and what will be the payment mode?

Probably this is asking too much from you, but if possible, please help me.
I am looking for something unique, distinctive yet bassy.

Best regards,

Bikramjit.
Old 12th January 2014, 11:11   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avinash,[*]Can this silencer muffler be fitted on Bullet 500?[*]Can this be shipped to Pune? [*]If yes, what will be the charges and what will be the payment mode?
Bikram

1. Yes, my type of custom made exhuast can fitted to your bullet as well. But, only artisan can double confirm that
2. I will share the artisan number with you and I suggest you can speak to him directly and find out if shipping to pune is possible and if yes, how it happens
3. Cost of the exahust is Rs.2600. Shipping you need to check with him directly

As he has done it for many classic 500, he knows the size and its a simple open bolt, fix it and refit the bolts job so if he only agrees to ship to pune, you will be in luck.

Yesterday, I fitted an aux pair of lights to the Maroon Marauder and also changed the bulbs of parking lights ( including the one in main headlamps) to white bulbs. The work was done cleanly and meticulously with the switch placed below the handle near the accelaration grip.

Main Headlights remain stock yellow lights as I didnt want to compromise on the visibility as white lights dont provide better than the yellow bulbs

Also got a couple of skulls fitted instead of screws to ward off evil eyes

The light throw and visibility has increased atleast 3 times

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_00002211_edit.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_00002208.jpg

Not to mention the attention it draws. Even got my first queries from fellow road users last evening during a short ride
RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img20140111wa017.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img20140111wa016.jpg

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img20140111wa015.jpg

Evil eyes--dont look at me too much

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_00002209.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 15:20   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bikram
2. I will share the artisan number with you and I suggest you can speak to him directly and find out if shipping to pune is possible and if yes, how it happens
Yesterday, I fitted an aux pair of lights to the Maroon Marauder and also changed the bulbs of parking lights ( including the one in main headlamps) to white bulbs. The work was done cleanly and meticulously with the switch placed below the handle near the accelaration grip.
Avinash,

Thank you for you response. I will be waiting for the contact number and then call him up for the silencer.

With regards to the new light fittings, they look definitely cool. Can you please upload some pictures, which actually show the power of the beam (only the LEDs) at some dark spaces, and if possible the combination with the headlight ON. You have mentioned that the fitting has been neat and clean. Please can you upload some pictures of the same so that if need be, I can ask over here to perform the same operation. Lastly, the breakup with regards to the components and the overall charge for this activity. That will help me to have a fair idea and compare. Is these lights available at shops or do I need to order them from E-bay etc?

In my last ride, I had observed one of the motorcycles got stranded as he had done some alternations with the lighting etc. Seems that circuit got short circuited and he was stranded at the dead of night. As you have done modifications with the electrical connections, is there any possibility of facing the same. No, I am not discouraging you, but the fear of pushing the 2 tonne bull, prohibits me from taking such risks. Please advise.
Old 14th January 2014, 09:43   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please upload some pictures, which actually show the power of the beam (only the LEDs) at some dark spaces, and if possible the combination with the headlight ON. You have mentioned that the fitting has been neat and clean. Please can you upload some pictures of the same so that if need be, I can ask over here to perform the same operation. Lastly, the breakup with regards to the components and the overall charge for this activity. That will help me to have a fair idea and compare. Is these lights available at shops or do I need to order them from E-bay etc?
I have sent you a PM with the details of silencer maker, you can speak to him and see if he can ship it to Pune

With regards to headlights creating an issue, I know of people with DIY lamps ( like an Audi) on Desert Storm from one year and no issues. I also know a few guys who have fitted same LEDs from same place and using for a year. Zero problems

Hopefully, my experience will be similar. Lets see only time will tell.

This picture is with only those 2 aux lights on ( parking & main headlamps are switched off). Phenomenal light spread and throw

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_00002217.jpg

This picture is with all lights ( 2 Aux lamps, Parking & Main Headlamp) ON. Since main headlamp is stock, you can see a tinge of yellow in this picture

RE Classic Chrome 500 (12,500kms Done):The "Maroon Marauder" THUMP's home!!-img_00002216.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of neat place where they installed the switch. Will post that pic and a short video of the lights that i took at the shop later on.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:28   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

A strange thing happened !!

Last weekend went on a ride on Triumph Bonneville and fellow BHPian was riding my BULL. We were going over a few speedbreakers but, overall the road was good but, when we stopped for some pictures. I noticed the clamp of the newly installed from aux lights were broken. Only the right side one, aux lamp was hanging by it's wire

From the look of it, clamps look pretty strong and I have no clue how it could have broken.

Plan to get a new clamp fixed and get the aux lamp back in its position soon. Otherwise, the Maroon Marauder still rocks !!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks