Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 21:33   #106
BANNED

Re: A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!

Heartening to see that Blue is loving his Green and cherishing every moment spent. More from a curosity sake, do you feel any lack of power in the bike- especially on the inclines? Considering the bike is nimble and easy to corner as compared to 650 (IMHO), if given a chance would you love to upgrade to 650 (off course budget has to approve the transformation)?

I am asking this because I am at a stage where I would be buying my last bike . So just want 2 cents from your experience.

Thanks in advance!
Maddy
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 19:10   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passiautonate View Post
Heartening to see that Blue is loving his Green and cherishing every moment spent. do you feel any lack of power in the bike- especially on the inclines? Considering the bike is nimble and easy to corner as compared to 650 (IMHO), if given a chance would you love to upgrade to 650 (off course budget has to approve the transformation)?
Thanks Maddy. As a far as this bike is concerned, I do not feel any lack of power. The power to weight ratio is so good that I have overtaken mighty Innovas on steep inclines of Araku Valley (while they were grunting on the lower gears and ofcourse full of people) (and even I had a luggage full tank and tail bag). Who doesn't love more power!?! Yes, if given a chance I would definitely upgrade.

Cheers,
Vin
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2012, 21:18   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
10k Kms of exhilarating fun and joy clocked!!!
Congrats on the first milestone! Wishing you many more such trouble free milestones in future.

So how soon was this figure reached?

Edit: Just saw the opening post that the bike was received in December.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 27th September 2012 at 21:20.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 13:06   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Who doesn't love more power!?! Yes, if given a chance I would definitely upgrade.
Thanks for the guidance Vin! One more thing that I missed out asking is ABS. In those heart to mouth scenario do you feel ABS would have handled better. I am concerned about braking at turns, resulting in tyre locking, or sand, gravel mud scenarios.

rgds.
Maddy
Old 28th September 2012, 17:19   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the guidance Vin! One more thing that I missed out asking is ABS. In those heart to mouth scenario do you feel ABS would have handled better. I am concerned about braking at turns, resulting in tyre locking, or sand, gravel mud scenarios.

rgds.
Maddy
Braking is best avoided when the bike is leaned over, ABS equipped or not. While braking on wet roads or where gravel or sand exists, use the rear brake.

Carrying too much speed on unknown terrain is risky so exercise maximum caution and always ride at 80% of your skill limit, the balance 20% will come handy in emergencies. 80/20 rule
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 17:58   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Braking is best avoided when the bike is leaned over, ABS equipped or not. While braking on wet roads or where gravel or sand exists, use the rear brake.

Carrying too much speed on unknown terrain is risky so exercise maximum caution and always ride at 80% of your skill limit, the balance 20% will come handy in emergencies. 80/20 rule
Thanks Aditya! It was informative. I met with an accident on my Karizma on a highway where oil was spilled over the road. I braked normally in 50:50 ratio (front & rear) but had a fall. Again it was a skid followed by a tire lock (survival mode kicked in, might have pressed brake hard following skid). I am sure ABS might have helped.

Regards,
Maddy
Old 28th September 2012, 19:06   #112
BHPian

Hey, that's an awesome ride you have. And you ARE enjoying every bit of it in the name of trips!.
I'm 5'3", will I be comfortable?
I live in a place where we don't have a probiking store, so will it be hard to maintain this bike, if i bought it somehow!?
How is the mileage? Around 40 or so?
Old 29th September 2012, 10:57   #113
BHPian

Quote:
One more thing that I missed out asking is ABS. In those heart to mouth scenario do you feel ABS would have handled better.
Initially I missed ABS. But after learning the braking technique and switching the stock tyres to Pirelli SD, I don't feel I lack it anymore. However, ABS is always recommended (for those 'you never know' moments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminenttismo View Post

Hey, that's an awesome ride you have. And you ARE enjoying every bit of it in the name of trips!.
I live in a place where we don't have a probiking store, so will it be hard to maintain this bike, if i bought it somehow!?
Thanks Eminenttismo. Comfortable you will be in the saddle, you will have to work on getting your feet on the ground. Maintaining a Ninja where there is no Pro-biking store will be challenge. It also depends on how far the Pro-biking service center is.

Cheers
Old 29th September 2012, 18:26   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Initially I missed ABS. But after learning the braking technique and switching the stock tyres to Pirelli SD, I don't feel I lack it anymore. However, ABS is always recommended (for those 'you never know' moments)

Thanks Eminenttismo. Comfortable you will be in the saddle, you will have to work on getting your feet on the ground. Maintaining a Ninja where there is no Pro-biking store will be challenge. It also depends on how far the Pro-biking service center is.

Cheers
130KMS from my place is where the probiking store is. Can you please PM me the exact price of the vehicle? Thanks!
Old 2nd October 2012, 18:09   #115
BHPian

Quote:
130KMS from my place is where the probiking store is.
130 kms is quite a distance. In case you have fix minor issues it will be a problem to drive all the way. And you can't take a chance by showing it to the local mechanic. Give it a thought.

Cheers.
Old 3rd November 2012, 19:33   #116
BHPian

Just got a call from Kawasaki for a free replacement of rollover damper kit. Any Ninjette here got it done already?
Old 14th November 2012, 20:29   #117
BHPian

Got the part replaced yesterday, called the roll over damper. Attached pics are of the old and new part.
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-20121113-11.11.27.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-20121113-11.09.22.jpg  

Old 15th November 2012, 09:59   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am 2 inches more I felt at home after 2 min of ride.
One thing people forget is that 'if' you damage a part, it will be costly. For example, alloy costs 32k.

And I dont think it gives 40 ever Owners please confirm since I am thinking of riding my neighbors to office since its not used much these days and they are ok with me taking it.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 14:55   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
One thing people forget is that 'if' you damage a part, it will be costly. For example, alloy costs 32k.

And I dont think it gives 40 ever Owners please confirm since I am thinking of riding my neighbors to office since its not used much these days and they are ok with me taking it.
Yes, parts are expensive. Couple of friends who crashed said the side fairing (one side) costs around 15k, one alloy wheel around 28k, headlight unit around 12k, etc.

Max FE i have got is 29.6 kmpl when i rode to Kodai in Jan this year. Although i hit top speed plenty of times, i did not have to downshift while overtaking or otherwise since i was in the power-band and traffic was almost nil on the Salem stretch.

If riding sedately - shifting at 6k and keeping speeds within 100kmph, 40kmpl may not be difficult. But it's a torture riding the ninja at this pace. The bike begs to be revved hard and it's no justice to the bike keeping the right wrist under sedation.
Old 18th November 2012, 00:31   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And I dont think it gives 40 ever Owners please confirm
I got 36 in my last tank to tank observation

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks