Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 11:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
But again the Duke is designed as a street racer and for commuting. Touring on it will have its disadvantages. Couple of guys I know who own a Duke have claimed an average of 35 kmpl and given the 11L tank, it can do a 350 theoretically with 1L to spare.
A bike is what you do with it bro. The tank is actually 10.5 L only. Of that what you can use effectively before the Distance to Empty moves to 0 is not more than 9 L max. There is nothing to spare as the last 1.5 L is unusable. Ideally you should have at least 2-2.5 L in the tank at any time to protect your fuel pump. Even so, in a pinch, 300-320 kms is the max most of us have been able to push a brimmed up tank to before having to refuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
haha..not anywhere close to a banker mate
Ok Was asking because my cousin is a big shot banker in Mumbai and has a bone stock Ninja as well which he hardly uses (he's done some 1500kms since he bought it more than 2 years ago).
Old 18th May 2012, 15:01   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Really impressive speeds.
Do check out the video in this post.

P.S. It's neither me nor my bike in that video
Old 18th May 2012, 16:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

I can't watch utube in office man. 190 kmph eh?! Why buy the N650 then?
Old 28th May 2012, 20:52   #79
BHPian

Suggestions requested for cleaning the grime off the rear rim - chain side. Its has collected a lot of dust due to the chain lube falling on it
Old 29th May 2012, 09:04   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suggestions requested for cleaning the grime off the rear rim - chain side. Its has collected a lot of dust due to the chain lube falling on it
Easiest way is to soak a toothbrush in diesel and brush away the grime and rinse off the diesel with soap water.

Apply some wax/polish to the rim to ensure a protective layer exists on the surface of the rims. This will ensure lesser time required to clean the rims.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 09:41   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Apply some wax/polish to the rim to ensure a protective layer exists on the surface of the rims
Diesel is best on this front, thought I've tried with Kerosene, Petrol & Collinite.
Old 29th May 2012, 10:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

I generally use little water mixed with good amount of detegent and a cotton cloth. Don't you guys think diesel, petrol etc will damage the rim paint with regular cleaning ?
Old 29th May 2012, 11:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Don't you guys think diesel, petrol etc will damage the rim paint with regular cleaning ?
I don't use diesel often. I only use it when the grime is really stubborn and there is a lot of it on the wheel. Most of the time i use this which is as good as diesel. It's water based and is concentrated so all i need to do is use very little or dilute it with water and use it. It's completely safe since the solution itself is water based.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 18:30   #84
BHPian

I found another way to clean the grime by way of a brainwave! I used the kitchen cleaner CIF used to clean the oil grimes and stains. I experimented with it on a part of rim and to my surprise it worked like a dream

So, I continued to apply the cream on the rim, let it stay for 30 seconds and wiped off the grime with a cloth. Viola!!! The dirt came off real easy! And finally used a wet MF cloth to completely clean and shine the rim.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:25   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found another way to clean the grime by way of a brainwave! I used the kitchen cleaner CIF used to clean the oil grimes and stains. I experimented with it on a part of rim and to my surprise it worked like a dream
CIF is highly abrasive and over time, the paint on your alloys will get affected badly. Use with caution if you must (dilute it with plain water).
Old 11th June 2012, 08:13   #86
BHPian

Some pics from the weekend ride with 1 GT650R, 1 Bull, 2 Dukes and 9 Ninjas . Always love the look on the bystanders face and people travelling in cars n buses when they see a bunch of sports bikes whizzing past, specially on the highways
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-rides2.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-rides.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07226.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07207.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07208.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07224.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07239.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07235.jpg  

bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 22:07   #87
BHPian

2nd servicing done today. Oil changed to Motul 300v fully synth, oil filter changed and other regular checkups done. Coolant and brake fluid were upto the mark. Total cost 1200 + 1800 (oil). Really liked what the lead mechanic Arif said," Sir, this bike will never give any problem. If it does, either I did something wrong or you did!"

Here is a quick review of the Joe Rocket Blaster Backpack I used on my last road trip. I used it for a round trip of 1300 kms without a tank or tail bag. The bag held really well. With 54L capacity, its built sturdy and stays on the back once the straps on the chest and hip are tightened. I carried 4 days of clothing, chain clean/lube, dry fruits, 2 bottles of water, 8 cans of Red Bull and my DSLR camera with extra lenses. All packed in one bag! Even during some tight cornering, while I was skeptical, the backpack stay put and did not come in the way of me enjoying the corners. And oh, I did not experience any back pain!!! On the contrary the backpack was resting on the rear seat providing some support for my back.

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-1.jpg

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-2.jpg

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-3.jpg

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-4.jpg

For my next upcoming trip I have ordered and received Rynox Optimus tail and tank bag. Lets see how this holds up. Will post reviews of these once back from the trip.

Cheers!
Old 19th June 2012, 10:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Avoid red bull and similar energy drinks esp. during long rides. These drinks contain high amount of caffeine so it will instead dehydrate you badly and you won't even know it. Loss of concentration and drowsiness will also set in.

Instead opt for electral mixed in water (cheapest and best option) or Gatorade mixed with glucon D. It will give you energy and keep you well hydrated during the ride.
Old 19th June 2012, 18:21   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Avoid red bull and similar energy drinks esp. during long rides. These drinks contain high amount of caffeine so it will instead dehydrate you badly and you won't even know it. Loss of concentration and drowsiness will also set in.

Instead opt for electral mixed in water (cheapest and best option) or Gatorade mixed with glucon D. It will give you energy and keep you well hydrated during the ride.
Right said Aditya! Gatorade or plain water with a bit of salt/sugar added to it should serve well to hydrate.

I picked up a water pouch from Wildcraft which can hold 2 ltrs of liquid, with a pipe. Cost: Rs.499. The pouch can be conveniently tucked away in the back pack and there is a tube which comes over the shoulder and can be used to sip water without having to take off the helmet. You may ask - would water leak -- the answer is No. It comes with a rubber cap and even after taking off the cap, one need to twist the nozzle for water/liquid to flow out.

PS: This pouch cannot be filled with aerated drinks/milk etc - the smell would remain forever in it/the other liquids could possibly damage the pouch material as well.
Old 19th June 2012, 18:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

My favorite perk up drink on refreshment butt breaks while riding is a chilled Thums Up, one fresh lime squeezed in, some salt, and some chaat masala. Usually, if the company is good (which it invariably is), and the topic interesting, x 2. For normal on-ride hydration, I have a 3 liter CamelBak which I keep replenishing with chilled water (the first 1-2 sips though are warm, and mixed with road crud - does wonders for building immunity!).

Last edited by ebonho : 19th June 2012 at 18:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks