Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 16:27   #31
BHPian

Re: A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!

Vin,

It truly was a pleasant surprise to bump into you early morning on Sunday. Blame it on the Green Ninja's they are hard to miss and so few on the road we cant miss them even in the night.

But I am upset, that I was not able to join you for the ride esp since you got to test ride the KTM on the highway. If I knew that the group would have a KTM as part of the ride, I definitely would have joined in. The local pro-biking is not very proactive in organizing rides or at least keeping customers informed of such activity like other's. I hope that changes moving forward.
Old 7th February 2012, 19:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

But I am upset, that I was not able to join you for the ride esp since you got to test ride the KTM on the highway. If I knew that the group would have a KTM as part of the ride, I definitely would have joined in. The local pro-biking is not very proactive in organizing rides or at least keeping customers informed of such activity like other's. I hope that changes moving forward.
Don't worry bro, if they don't inform you, I will keep you posted. Ashfaq is a good friend of mine and he keeps updating me. I will pass it on to you
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 19:37   #33
BHPian

Put reflective rip stripes and anodized valve caps last week. Must say bike looks a lot better with the rim stripes. Adding pics
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07008.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07012.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07015.jpg  

Old 6th March 2012, 15:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro, dont know how i missed this thread. Welcome to the Ninja gang, I can see the oldtimers have already been giving you the gyan so you are in good hands.

The Ninja is an incredible bike, gives you a lot of confidence and sometimes a bit of over confidence. The speeds it can achieve and the stability factor combined gives you real high and is really addictive.
Just be careful on the roads out there and ride safe.

Cheers !!
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 17:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
Put reflective rip stripes and anodized valve caps last week. Must say bike looks a lot better with the rim stripes.
Where did you source these rim tapes from? I bought a set from ebay.com but they look completely different from the advertised shade. Wasted $13

The ones on my bike are locally installed and not the kawasaki racing green color.

PlanetDSG has the Keiti rim tapes that come with an applicator. I wonder if the applicator makes it any better to fix the tapes. Have read mixed reviews on the efficiency of this applicator on quite a few forums.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Where did you source these rim tapes from? I bought a set from ebay.com but they look completely different from the advertised shade. Wasted $13

The ones on my bike are locally installed and not the kawasaki racing green color.

PlanetDSG has the Keiti rim tapes that come with an applicator. I wonder if the applicator makes it any better to fix the tapes. Have read mixed reviews on the efficiency of this applicator on quite a few forums.
This is the same Keiti rim tapes from PlanetDSG Adi. The applicator works well. Its the same Ninja green as you have seen in the pics. Reflects brilliantly in bright sun and dim lit night. I would say worth the money.

PS: the applicator can be messy. I wasted a circle on the rim trying to get the trick straight. Don't be carried away its not easy as they show on the site. Once you know the trick its a cake walk.
Old 7th March 2012, 09:34   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hey bro, dont know how i missed this thread. Welcome to the Ninja gang, I can see the oldtimers have already been giving you the gyan so you are in good hands.

The Ninja is an incredible bike, gives you a lot of confidence and sometimes a bit of over confidence. The speeds it can achieve and the stability factor combined gives you real high and is really addictive.
Just be careful on the roads out there and ride safe.

Cheers !!
Thanks Sammy. Yeah, Adi has been helping out with some info on the bike.

Boy it sure is fast and like you mentioned 'truly addictive'
Old 8th March 2012, 19:10   #38
BHPian

Got some time today finally to wash my bike and lube the chain. Used Formula 1 Carnuaba Wash n Wax to wash and Motul Chain Clean and Lube for cleaning and lubing the chain.

Thanks to Adi for his illustrated way of DIY method for raising the rear wheel for cleaning the chain. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...tsbike-22.html)

Adding pics of the same method tried successfully and the final outcome of the afternoon's efforts
Attached Thumbnails
A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07017.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07018.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07019.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07020.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07021.jpg  

A green Ninja 250R it definitely is!-dsc07022.jpg  

Old 8th March 2012, 21:10   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Adi for his illustrated way of DIY method for raising the rear wheel for cleaning the chain.
Anytime mate. Glad it helped.

Just a suggestion. You might want to use a rubber mat under the jack and the wooden piece under the kick stand since the flooring looks smooth and slippery.

Also, next time, take the bike for a short 2-3km spin and then come back and spray the chain clean. This ensures better reach for the fluid into the O rings since the chain is hot and would have slightly expanded. Wait for 20 mins before you start to wash and wax the bike. This ensures that all the grime and dirt falls off the chain. Use a lint free cloth or rag (no loose threads either that might get stuck in the chain) or an old toothbrush and grip the chain. Now slowly rub the chain gently to dislodge any further dirt or grime.

Now once this is done you can wash and wax the bike. Ensure the chain is dry before you spray the lube on it. Wait at least 30 mins before you ride out to ensure the lube has penetrated the O rings and does not get flung off due to centrifugal forces at play when the bike is in motion.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:43   #40
BHPian

After a ride to and back from office last Friday, I didn't get time to go out on the bike again. This week, on Wednesday I noticed few coolant drops on underneath the bike. Mopped the floor with a cloth and after a few hours some more drops.

Took the bike next day to the workshop for checkup. The diagnosis revealed that the coolant rubber hose was loose and that leaked. It was replaced and tightened with top up coolant. No signs of leakage anymore.

Was returning from office last night when some bloke was ripping his Ninja 250r. Careless to the core, wearing shorts and t-shirt without a helmet or any riding gear . He ripped past by me twice and I let him go. He thought I would race him and when I didn't bother the second time, he let me be and shot away. Me and my friend Ram who was on his P220 were cursing him for being so careless for himself and reckless for others around. No use saying its high time people learnt to respect their bikes and people around. Guess they never will. Peace!
Old 24th March 2012, 14:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Was returning from office last night when some bloke was ripping his Ninja 250r. Careless to the core, wearing shorts and t-shirt without a helmet or any riding gear . He ripped past by me twice and I let him go. He thought I would race him and when I didn't bother the second time, he let me be and shot away. Me and my friend Ram who was on his P220 were cursing him for being so careless for himself and reckless for others around. No use saying its high time people learnt to respect their bikes and people around. Guess they never will. Peace!
Guys like these are flame baits. They are what you call a "troll" who feed into your anger. For the kinda bike you have, you have shown the maturity to not give in to the "bait". Biker brotherhood is where its at, and that guy doesnt belong for sure!
Old 24th March 2012, 15:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Guys like these are flame baits. They are what you call a "troll" who feed into your anger. For the kinda bike you have, you have shown the maturity to not give in to the "bait". Biker brotherhood is where its at, and that guy doesnt belong for sure!
+1 to that Sids911. I would have understood had it been any Pulsar or R15 trying to coax me to check on their own capabilities. What beats me is why would some one want to pit the same class and make of bike against its twin. Maybe they want to prove that they got better of the lot!
Old 24th March 2012, 16:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that Sids911. I would have understood had it been any Pulsar or R15 trying to coax me to check on their own capabilities. What beats me is why would some one want to pit the same class and make of bike against its twin. Maybe they want to prove that they got better of the lot!
Not condoning said squid's actions in any way, but when a rider on the same bike goads you to a street race, its to prove only one thing - who's the better street racer.
Old 24th March 2012, 16:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Got some time today finally to wash my bike and lube the chain. Used Formula 1 Carnuaba Wash n Wax to wash and Motul Chain Clean and Lube for cleaning and lubing the chain.
Sorry for this off-topic question, but where do you get Motul Chain Clean and Lube in Hyderabad? I have been searching for a while...
Old 24th March 2012, 17:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Not condoning said squid's actions in any way, but when a rider on the same bike goads you to a street race, its to prove only one thing - who's the better street racer.
You got a point ebonho. However, if it boils down to whose better, I think there should be a proper way of doing it. First, wear a good gear, then decide how the race has to go (way, distance etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' Thunda View Post
Sorry for this off-topic question, but where do you get Motul Chain Clean and Lube in Hyderabad? I have been searching for a while...
Sure, glad to help. Ratiwal Automobiles in Ramkote (shalini theatre lane) are stokists for Motul. Call Subhash @ +918099263738

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks