Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 02:53   #16
BHPian

Hey Guys ,

You Could increase the height of the shocks, I Have done it in my pulsar, Because of the same problem, and this has rectified it.
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:15   #17
BHPian

Hey Guyz....

I am not able 2 figure out 1 thing , arent the gas shocks supposed to improve the suspensions thus the riding quality rather than dampenin it ?
If this is a problem in all the new pulsar then tat means bajaj didnot do much R&D on this n tats BAD !! Y didnt they try the mono suspension as in Unicorn ? Even the new Pulsar 250 has dual shocks ... mono would have looked far more better .

And Adarsh, increasing the height of the suspension, wont tat stiffen it ?
Old 22nd March 2006, 23:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarshbr
Hey Guys ,

You Could increase the height of the shocks, I Have done it in my pulsar, Because of the same problem, and this has rectified it.
Hey adarsh i tried incresing it by 2 notches but it still hasn't helped, infact it has stiffened the ride
Old 24th March 2006, 04:23   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
@aseem : First of all nothing is perfect in this world !!

Unicorn is not without any problems. It's problem list includes poor electricals, bad suspension, high rear vibration, costly spare parts, problematic downshifts etc and the list goes on. So never blame blindly any bike.

Poor electricals? - Its got a better ignition system than the pulsar twins.
BAD Suspension? - Cmon, you've gotta be kidding

High rear vibrations - thats given. The rear fairing does vibrate more than usual

Costly spare parts - Define costly. Quality does come with a price.

Problematic downshifting? - When did you find it a problem to downshift?

List goes on and on and on...........? Bring 'em on.

So never blame blindly any bike - Practice what you preach buddy. Maybe then we might listen to you.
Old 21st April 2006, 19:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun
@aseem : First of all nothing is perfect in this world !!

Unicorn is not without any problems. It's problem list includes poor electricals, bad suspension, high rear vibration, costly spare parts, problematic downshifts etc and the list goes on. So never blame blindly any bike.
I’ve clocked a lot on cockroach’s uni and have always liked the peppy feel of the uni(even more after I installed the k&N). The bike feels really built to last, so pls don’t make lame comments on any bike. We all know how good our bikes are and anyday a Honda has better build quality. The uni does not have a faulty wiring, suspension is very good(I always keep telling dennis aka coackroach) and takes my kinda riding abuses really well. The best part is that the rear suspension does not bottom under hard terrain rides yet retaining good ride feel. The only let down is the rear panel being shaky, but that’s a minor design flaw..no bike is perfect and the uni is one of the best bike around. The chassis is really sweet and is truly built for a bigger engine!
Old 28th April 2006, 21:20   #21
BHPian

"Well the new version of pulsar comes with a sari-guard on rear wheel. This fibre guard vibrates and touches tyre when bike passes thro a pot hole."
This was wat I was told by Service centre guy. Now some people here say the problem is in nitrox tech.
Old 28th April 2006, 21:43   #22
BHPian

Bro check if ur saree guard is hitting ur swingarm.. same stuff used to happen on my CBZ till i realised its the damn Saree guard that hits the Swingarm.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen
thanks for the reply guys. But still if u find any viable option please let me know. BTW this problem is not there in the old pulsars.

Thanks
Alen
Old 29th April 2006, 23:00   #23

almost all the bikes have this problem if it gets too serious then u might have a bent chassis

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks