Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 14:00   #1
BHPian

Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed

Never did a long ride on my Bullet.

First time out of the blue we decide to do this ride.

Amazing roads from Vadodra to Dhanu. The ride from Dhanu to Mumbai was slow due to the bridge construction projects going on.

But all in all it was a great ride.

Started off from Vadodra on Sunday 10/07/2011 at 6 pm, me and my friend both on Yamaha 135 5 speeder's and covered a good distance till Surat. Took a night halt at Surat due to really bad visibility in rains and night driving was not comfortable with the lights coming from incoming vehicles and the water spraying from the trucks tires. The helmet visor couldnt be kept clean, hence night stay became a must and also it made us really so much fresh.

Early morning from Surat we left at sharp 7 as soon as the day break gave us enough light to drive. Suddenly the trip became so much more beautiful and thrilling. the bikes rode excellent on the carpet roads from there on. This highway is the best highway for biking in my opinion. the lush greenery all around and the nearly perfect roads made the biking experience really so much pleasant.

Reached Mumbai with several halts and the whole journey took us nearly 12 hours. I know many might argue why so much time for a distance of 425 kms. But we drove leisurely, took halts for recharging ourselves. With 14 liters of petrol loads of 2t oil and 5 redbulls we reached mumbai with a story to tell and a memory to cherish.
Attached Thumbnails
Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed-img_0556.jpg  

Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed-img_0559.jpg  

Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed-img_0560.jpg  

Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed-img_05631.jpg  

Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed-img_0555.jpg  

The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Vadodra To Mumbai on Yamaha Rx 135 - 5speed

Good log there @The Great. Good to see the RXs doing long distances without any major hiccups! Btw, want to know did the bikes ask for many breaks? How frequently did u let the engines cool down?

Yeah, a ride is definitely more pleasant with proper breaks and moderate speeds! We ride to enjoy and not to set land speed records, do we!
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 14:15   #3
BHPian

Great! I have always loved to do this. I think these are the same 5 speeders which were for sale in Baroda. A good friend i know gave me the info some time back. He was supposed to pick them up. Lucky you! How much did they cost ?
yamdoot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 21:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Good log there @The Great. Good to see the RXs doing long distances without any major hiccups! Btw, want to know did the bikes ask for many breaks? How frequently did u let the engines cool down?

Yeah, a ride is definitely more pleasant with proper breaks and moderate speeds! We ride to enjoy and not to set land speed records, do we!

Absolutely right. I dont wanna tell people that i reached my destination in that much less time. Whats the use of riding if u wanna reach home early.

The bikes rather didnt need breaks at all, at least the engine note said so that the bikes were longing to run more, but at every 50 kms we took breaks. Seemed sensible to us rather than getting the engine ceased. There were some hiccups though. Once the spark plug went off on one bike, and on my bike the 2t oil finished , the level in the oil tank was next to nil. Luckily we checked that during the break and had the Motul 510 handy with us in the bags.

So topped them up and came back without any hassles.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamdoot View Post
Great! I have always loved to do this. I think these are the same 5 speeders which were for sale in Baroda. A good friend i know gave me the info some time back. He was supposed to pick them up. Lucky you! How much did they cost ?

Yes, we bought it from Baroda. Wouldn't wanna discuss the pricing here sir.

Going through all the forums and rebuilds i have come to the conclusion that the bikes are getting more and more in demand. Reading all the good stuff and thrilling rebuilds like yours and Arun Bhai's and lots of other guys it makes new comers like us drool. (in the serious sense i went nuts seeing your bike with all those yoshimura shocks and 5 speed conversions and disc breaks and all)

Hence the scenario has become such that once the not so good looking RXZ to all has become "THE RXZ", therefore the prices of a 5 speeder are over the sky.

But yes we got them at a great bargain. (of course you will come to know once we meet sir)

I hope you get the point i am trying to make here.

Last edited by The Great : 12th July 2011 at 21:41. Reason: Spelling errors rectification.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:43   #6
BHPian

Oh and the mud filled bikes in the pics dont do justice to the condition we got them for.

Will update in my rebuild thread.
Old 13th July 2011, 14:10   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Yes, we bought it from Baroda. Wouldn't wanna discuss the pricing here sir.

Going through all the forums and rebuilds i have come to the conclusion that the bikes are getting more and more in demand. Reading all the good stuff and thrilling rebuilds like yours and Arun Bhai's and lots of other guys it makes new comers like us drool. (in the serious sense i went nuts seeing your bike with all those yoshimura shocks and 5 speed conversions and disc breaks and all)

But yes we got them at a great bargain. (of course you will come to know once we meet sir)

Please dont call me 'sir' .Im just another guy who loves 2strokes . I do get your point. If the price of the bikes covers the riding down costs, NOC+ transfer and if still the bike costs lesser than a mumbai bike then ofc its justified to get them from elsewhere.
yamdoot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Please dont call me 'sir' .Im just another guy who loves 2strokes . I do get your point. If the price of the bikes covers the riding down costs, NOC+ transfer and if still the bike costs lesser than a mumbai bike then ofc its justified to get them from elsewhere.

Way below what it costs in mumbai, along with transfer and riding cost.

And most importantly i have seen people there do not buy the bikes for performance or racing madness on streets.

The bikes for them are just another commuting medium and hence the bikes are still at stock bore without touching any engine parts. The minute we saw the head and the sound of the engine i almost laughed in happiness that yamaha's in this condition still exist. So more than the cost factor its the condition that compelled me to buy the bike.

Whatever it may be i am happy that's what matters hehehehe
Old 13th July 2011, 14:27   #9
BHPian

So what are you doing about the 5 speed spares you had bought for the earlier bike?
Old 13th July 2011, 14:48   #10
BHPian

Now those are to hot nasty Rides... Killers after Rd350. Have taken a 5speed once for a 800km ride and with no issue. Yams are durable/promising. Congratulations!!!
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Never did a long ride on my Bullet.

First time out of the blue we decide to do this ride.

Amazing roads from Vadodra to Dhanu. The ride from Dhanu to Mumbai was slow due to the bridge construction projects going on.

But all in all it was a great ride.
Awesome trip @TheGreat. The roads of Gujarat are awesome to drive. But somehow people don't venture out a lot over there. Have done a similar trip from Ahmedabad to Pune on my Pulsar. A lot of people were like WTH! Are you nuts! and so on. Felt great to see fellow bikers taking the plunge.

I did it in the summer, hardly felt like taking any pics. The same route in the monsoon would have been beautiful. Do post any other pics if you have. Nothing communicates like a picture does.

Quote:
I know many might argue why so much time for a distance of 425 kms. But we drove leisurely, took halts for recharging ourselves. With 14 liters of petrol loads of 2t oil and 5 redbulls we reached mumbai with a story to tell and a memory to cherish.
That's how a trip should be done

Quote:
The bikes rather didnt need breaks at all, at least the engine note said so that the bikes were longing to run more, but at every 50 kms we took breaks. Seemed sensible to us rather than getting the engine ceased.
That's the perfect routine. On my bike trips, I always take breaks after 50 kms or a drive of half an hour (whichever came first). Helps the bike more than the biker.

Quote:
There were some hiccups though. Once the spark plug went off on one bike, and on my bike the 2t oil finished , the level in the oil tank was next to nil. Luckily we checked that during the break and had the Motul 510 handy with us in the bags.

So topped them up and came back without any hassles.
Not so many casualties for you guys -for me the battery konked off (later found out one of the wires broke), the speedometer cable broke, one of the plastic sides cracked plus the engine oil almost reached to a min.

Hope to see a lot more rides in the coming days! Keep drivin'!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 15:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
So what are you doing about the 5 speed spares you had bought for the earlier bike?

Will discuss this surely in my Rebuild section for the current bike. Infact opening a new thread now itself for the bike. Do give your inputs for the same.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:01   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadabhi View Post
Now those are to hot nasty Rides... Killers after Rd350. Have taken a 5speed once for a 800km ride and with no issue. Yams are durable/promising. Congratulations!!!

I totally agree
Old 13th July 2011, 15:02   #14
BANNED

Nice buy.
Actually any geared vehicle is capable of doing this kind of distances, my longest ride was on CD100 over 550 kms in the span of 15 hours almost 21 years ago, when I went for my college admission and came back same day after completing all the formalities.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 21:21   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Way below what it costs in mumbai, along with transfer and riding cost.

And most importantly i have seen people there do not buy the bikes for performance or racing madness on streets.

The bikes for them are just another commuting medium and hence the bikes are still at stock bore without touching any engine parts. The minute we saw the head and the sound of the engine i almost laughed in happiness that yamaha's in this condition still exist. So more than the cost factor its the condition that compelled me to buy the bike.

Whatever it may be i am happy that's what matters hehehehe
Nice 5 speeders, ( going by your claims of the Bore and engine) .

Would definitely want to know the pricing range in states such states.

My friends are on the look out
sameer9797 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks