Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 19:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Thanks Gansan sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
It is precisely for this reason I decided to wait for one year before taking a call on this bike
Which motorcycle? Are you planning for a C250R too? Wow!!! Advance wishes & welcome to club

Quote:
My brother is so fed up with the A.S.S. (Lodha Honda)
Who is not? I got my Activa serviced from JSP; they took over 1+ week for parts & service & the final bill was Rs 6948. That's the bill of my WagonR!!! Anyway, even after that, there isn't complete satisfaction & I'm not in a mood to fight. If I send a feedback to HMSI, these guys will call me back & request to give the vehicle again & each time taking the vehicle to them is a pain; have to drop off the vehicle, come by bus, then take bus once again during delivery. Since its a ternaray vehicle for me, I don't have to fret much. But for people who're using them as primary, its only unimaginable pain!!!

May be try taking it to Didar motors T.Nagar. The Singh brothers are quite better & they've quite good technicians. Especially when it comes to C250R.

Quote:
I will stick my neck out and say the QC at HH is way better than HMSI
Well Sir, not really; like someone said here, the lemon was just dropped into my basket. There're so many, so many, C250R's that I know which does 150+ Kmph without a fuss.

This weekend, I went to collect a copy of the engine number change letter & original RC from the dealer as I can't leave the bike to dealer, who promised to take care of RTO formalities without any complications.

I'd say, HMSI COULD have speed up their process or handled the issue better, but, its not that they ignored it.

Regarding servicing, HMSI has instructed all the ASC's to have a A/C cabin to service C250R exclusively. So its not simply, yet another product from HMSI. They seem to be taking it seriously as well as considering the owner's of C250R to be in premium segment (though I don't consider 250cc segment to be in premium)
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 08:29   #92
BHPian

I am next in the pipeline for this kind of experience. My C250R is giving smoke for 5-10 secs every time i start the bike when cold. I complained this thing to the showroom people they said spare parts are unavailable and the mechanic is going through training as soon as both things are available we will call you for the job. I was told these things on or about 15 th june and no avail i wrote an email to the company and my query was addressed to the fright of the showroom. After leaving the vehicle for more than 4 days at the shoroom i was again told that the valve guide and oil seal is not available so it cant be done, and that they have placed the order for the parts and the parts will be available in 15-20 days. But they did one thing good is that my bike was vibrating a lot most of the nuts and bolts of the tank and fairing had got loose now that problem is gone. I am posting a video of how it smokes, earlier the smoke was for 5 secs max now it goes upto 10-12 secs sometimes. And showroom people still assure that warranty is for 40k kms so no need to worry.

Last edited by jasmeetsingh : 29th August 2011 at 08:30.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:35   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Well Sir, not really; like someone said here, the lemon was just dropped into my basket. There're so many, so many, C250R's that I know which does 150+ Kmph without a fuss.
No, I was not specific about CBR 250 R, but HMSI products in general. My brother's 2007 model Unicorn started to show rust within two years of purchase and now it is a lot more. Whereas my 11 year old Splendor is much, much better in this aspect. There is very little rust, that too only on parts like saree guard etc, to talk about. And afaik HH bikes need engine overhaul/rebuild much later than HMSIL bikes in general (mine is 94000 KM and counting!), though both share the same lineage. And when you do need the parts, they are easily available.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

jasmeetsingh

With your motorcycle parked in their showroom perhaps you should stop by daily and start it up?

As the cloud of smoke settles on the other things in the room they may find new enthusiasm about getting your parts.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 21:56   #95
BHPian

well guys after reading all the horror stories associated with the cbr250
I will reconsider my decision to go for it
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:21   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
well guys after reading all the horror stories associated with the cbr250
I will reconsider my decision to go for it
Horror stories? Can you make a list and put it up so that we can warn prospective buyers?
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2011, 09:52   #97
BHPian

How is the after sales service of CBR. Here in TVM , Honda guys are no longer interested in selling any vehicle i guess .The sales counter works only till noon on Saturdays.Calls are not attended and if somehow manages to get one picked up,hungs immediately after the routine answers. I have worst experince with their HMSI delearship around 5 yrs back and till now they haven't changed.Looks like its worsened.Waiting period of Activa is 1+yrs.
HH service is pathethic ,so will be Honda ,i assume from the sales attitude.
I was thinking to replace my 6yr old plusar and was eagerly waiting for CBR.But the attitude puts me off. Now only option seems to be a new pulsar.
Sorry aargee for Hijacking ,I'm too sad..
Old 2nd September 2011, 13:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Bullboy - A known acquintance of mine started a business something related to food; he was thrilled to get a sales call & answered everyone of them enthusiastically; he even followed up for a few. His prices were competitive, but the atittude of 90% of his customers were, ask the price & move away. Gradually this guy's enthusiasm towards customer's changed. He started answering mechanically, he got interested only after a certain point in time, that is, when he knows that the talk is going to turn into business.

The reason I stated the above was, this is India!!! Unlike the West, we're yet to become customer centric market.

Try approaching in person, talk with a little enthusiasm & show a genuine interest in buying, bet you beer to dollar, you'll find a good response. Let this small incidents over the phone not turn you down for such a good product. You'll not believe the kind of support I get from HMSI on my case. Though, I don't expect HMSI to treat me like a customer who bought a VFR, atleast a little bit more than Unicorn & I certainly get that. Call up, why? Even walk into their showroom, there's no difference in what you said w.r.t TVM. If Marikar shows attittude issue, walk to EVM.

@Naveenroy - +1; if someone doesn't buy, one more C250R exported & that many less C250R in India
Old 13th September 2011, 12:31   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Try approaching in person, talk with a little enthusiasm & show a genuine interest in buying, bet you beer to dollar, you'll find a good response.
This was done as a second step .But nothing happened.Sorry i know this is OT, but , my friend who was interested in owning and activa approached the dealers enthusiastically and was scared away by their approach.He said that they are behaving as if they are doing some favor free of cost.They even haven't taken his contact.He booked a wego and awaiting delivery.

May be premium customers are treated differently, I dont know.My experience was bad so is my friend's.

Last edited by bullboy : 13th September 2011 at 12:33.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Don't know what's premium or not premium, but, my C250R has covered over 10K kms in 88 days & is still performing well...for now

Honda CBR 250R Review-img_7205.jpg

Honda CBR 250R Review-img_7210.jpg

I'm glad I bought it because, no matter which small city you go, you can find a service centre & getting serviced is just on the top of priority. For 10K kms, here's what I did in 12 days. If anyone is interested in the TLog, let me know, I can share the link.

Honda CBR 250R Review-m1.jpg

Last edited by aargee : 15th September 2011 at 19:30.
aargee is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 19:39   #101
BHPian

WOW aargee.. you are really enjoying the C250R.. :-) Share some more details on your trip..
Old 15th September 2011, 20:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. If anyone is interested in the TLog, let me know, I can share the link.
Hey Aargee... Congrats on hitting the 10k mark on the CBR250R. Please do share the the link to the TLog. I just hope it opens here in office Please see if you can put up a log in T-Bhp itself.
Old 15th September 2011, 20:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't know what's premium or not premium, but, my C250R has covered over 10K kms in 88 days & is still performing well...for now

I'm glad I bought it because, no matter which small city you go, you can find a service centre & getting serviced is just on the top of priority. For 10K kms, here's what I did in 12 days. If anyone is interested in the TLog, let me know, I can share the link.
Aaaasome stuff. I can't wait to get my hands on the bike too. Yes, please do share the trip-log - seems like a nice route.

And yeah, looks like the bike has come some way since you had that traumatic experience. Nay-sayers, beware!!
Old 15th September 2011, 20:46   #104
Senior - BHPian

10k clicks in 88 days? You will put taxi wallahs to shame.

You surely are living a biker's dream.That's some unbelievable numbers on the odo.

BTW, kitna deti hain?
Old 15th September 2011, 21:15   #105
BHPian

Too much!!!

I could not believe it initially into your post and thought the odo is showing some error and you were simply being sarcastic in bringing it to our notice. But down I scrolled, and what I saw left me .

This is an achievement and something that you can boast about all your life. Please be kind enough and share the link with us, I'm sure each one of us would like to know as much as we can about this great journey.

You make us PROUD!!!
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks