Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 15:54   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Any idea when the CBR 250R 2014 (the ones available in Indonesia) getting launched in India? Or is the CBR 300R coming to India this year.

I am looking to replace my aging RTR which has clocked around 1.2 lakh kms.
Even friends from the CBR Club keep saying that the dealers are no longer taking orders for the 250R. Looks like its bigger brother will be in soon.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 22:34   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Even friends from the CBR Club keep saying that the dealers are no longer taking orders for the 250R. Looks like its bigger brother will be in soon.
I can interpret this in three ways.

1) They are looking at bringing in the 300 CC variant.
2) They keep it at 250 CC and bring in the twin headlight frame.
3) They get both of the above changes!

I inquired about Repsol edition in 2 showrooms, and they do not even take custom orders for that limited edition graphics. It comes only with the 1000 CC Fireblade version! Sad! No clue why they have put up the ad in their website. When I inquired with Honda themselves, they stated that few showrooms might have few left in their warehouses. Duh!
Old 16th August 2014, 22:42   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea when the CBR 250R 2014 (the ones available in Indonesia) getting launched in India? Or is the CBR 300R coming to India this year.

I am looking to replace my aging RTR which has clocked around 1.2 lakh kms.
Even i am in same position as you. Wish they bring in the 300CC motor!

Last i inquired in showroom, they said october. But did not have any info on the motor :(

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 16th August 2014 at 22:44.
Old 16th August 2014, 22:46   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Even i am in same position as you. Wish they bring in the 300CC motor!
Absolutely. Makes perfect sense and balance for touring and the city use. The twin beam headlights look quite good. I have started to like the white one. It will look evil with the projectors in those headlights

Only grouse is the service quality with Honda. If they are selling spares otc, I wont bother going to the service center.
Old 17th August 2014, 10:45   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only grouse is the service quality with Honda
Every ASC in India & abroad for Honda & non Honda has issues; if we keep this on the main line we will never buy anything!!

Quote:
If they are selling spares otc, I wont bother going to the service center.
HMSI spares are now available at any local spares part dealer; but yes, you're still at the mercy of the local spare parts dealer because he should order & get one for you.
aargee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 09:31   #366
BANNED

Has Enquired with sangam auto ghaziabad for a TD of CBR 250.

Dealer salesman called me up as when he can expect the booking amount. He was adamant on getting a cheque first than only provide a TD. I simply refused. Per se him, CBR is a high capacity Bike & providing TD is not possible.

I beleive success is getting on to their heads or they thought that guy is doing time pass with no intention for buying . Before this i has roamed in their showroom twice enquiring about CBR but as it always happen, Sales guys were more interested in their chit chat than selling & has to return empty handed.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 19th August 2014 at 09:35.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 10:50   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Has Enquired with sangam auto ghaziabad for a TD of CBR 250.

Dealer salesman called me up as when he can expect the booking amount. He was adamant on getting a cheque first than only provide a TD. I simply refused. Per se him, CBR is a high capacity Bike & providing TD is not possible.

I beleive success is getting on to their heads or they thought that guy is doing time pass with no intention for buying . Before this i has roamed in their showroom twice enquiring about CBR but as it always happen, Sales guys were more interested in their chit chat than selling & has to return empty handed.
Success getting to their head is ridiculous. I recollect reading that Honda stopped producing the current 250 to replace it with the facelift (not sure if the 300 will come here though). I had experienced similar behaviour with the Silicon Honda in Bangalore which is outrightly ridiculous.

Let me find the link to that article which mentioned Honda is prepping its vendors to supply for the facelift bike.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:23   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has Enquired with sangam auto ghaziabad for a TD of CBR 250...is not possible
That is wrong!! C250R was & still is available for TD from all the showrooms

Quote:
Sales guys were more interested in their chit chat than selling & has to return empty handed.
The main reason is HMSI stopped shipping C250R for over a month now; expecting a face lift C250R. Pls don't ask me in which form, it may or may not be 300 or being in India...and with Honda...nothing surprise to see changed stickers!!!
Old 19th August 2014, 14:39   #369
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That is wrong!!
Exactly my thoughts. What really pulled me off was their insistance on "Without cheque there will be no TD". It seems they think that they are doing me a favor by seeling the bike.

As for stopping the prod goes, I see it as no reason for refusing a TD. Infact i am helping them by buying their outgoing model. Thanks for info though wrt to a new model coming up.
Old 19th August 2014, 16:48   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Success getting to their head is ridiculous. I recollect reading that Honda stopped producing the current 250 to replace it with the facelift (not sure if the 300 will come here though). I had experienced similar behaviour with the Silicon Honda in Bangalore which is outrightly ridiculous.

Let me find the link to that article which mentioned Honda is prepping its vendors to supply for the facelift bike.
Talking of Silicon Honda, I had a TD of the CBR a few months ago. I had called asked for a TD and they had told me that the vehicle is ready. Once I reach there an hour later, they made me wait for 20 minutes because they was nobody available to accompany me. Finally somebody comes and I start off. I was forced to stop 300 m away to fill fuel. By then I had realised that the handling was completely off. So I asked for the air pressures to be checked. They were about 10 - 15 psi too low! Now with petrol and air, I start off once again. It was just a quick dash down the road for 2 km and back again. Along the way I found that the clutch play was too much and also found the engine didn't feel like a 250 - I don't know if all CBRs feel that way as that was the first time I had ridden one.

I later decided against a CBR because it didn't suit my riding style. But I was astounded at the way Honda and its dealers are trying (or not, I'm not really sure) to sell a 2+ lakh rupees bike. At no point did I feel any enthusiasm for the bike from anyone at the dealership.

Honda is a company that I have admired for a very long time because of their engineering driven approach to their products. But in India they may as well be selling commodities instead of machines that their users connect with emotionally. Their products in India (except maybe the CBR250) have all the charisma of a refrigerator. I know some people don't care but a lot of people do care about how their vehicle makes them feel.
Old 19th August 2014, 19:07   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Talking of Silicon Honda...how their vehicle makes them feel.
Wrong dealer!! You need to go through the below thread please
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...questions.html

Sapphire Honda & Zeeshan from Bangalore has a high reputation by several C250R owners from Bangalore.
Old 19th August 2014, 19:32   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here we go with the link which I had mentioned earlier. Not entirely sure of how authentic this news is.

http://www.motorbeam.com/bikes/honda...november-2014/
Old 20th August 2014, 11:07   #373
BANNED

Quote:
Exactly my thoughts. What really pulled me off was their insistance on "Without cheque there will be no TD". It seems they think that they are doing me a favor by seeling the bike.

As for stopping the prod goes, I see it as no reason for refusing a TD. Infact i am helping them by buying their outgoing model. Thanks for info though wrt to a new model coming up.
Exactly my experience too. Though I didn't visit their showroom but just one call was enough for them to inundate me with calls day after day.

When I asked for a Test Ride, first they said that they didn't have but insisted that I visit their showroom and something can be arranged. "They keep having one for service on which I can take a ride."

On the other hand my experiences with Sangam Auto, one floor above which deals in Royal Enfield has been excellent. By the way do you stay nearby?
Old 28th September 2014, 14:47   #374
BHPian

I recently replaced my CBR's rear tyre. It's been 2 years and 11000 kms on odo. the rear tyre was puncturing frequently and was losing air at a faster rate.

The stock was Conti Go. I bought the same again. It costed me INR 3000 at Lokamanya Pune. Other available options were Michelin at Rs 3300 and Dunlop at Rs 2800.

The radial Michelin costs 5200 ..that's costlier than my Figo's tyre!
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:37   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
The radial Michelin costs 5200 ..that's costlier than my Figo's tyre!
Lol
But there're something that CBR does that a Figo can't do nor the CBR does what Figo can do

Yes Michelin's are expensive; if it were any other tire, I would've said 11000 is too short. But with a stint of just 12000 odd Km, my Conti also tore apart, yes, the tire tore & there was big crack after which I vowed not to buy Conti again.

Dunlop is not bad either, go-ahead with it or stick with Michelin Pilot Road 2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks