Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2013, 12:48   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 250R Review

Hi @aargee ....amazing thread.

as a born again biker (who is turning 40 very soon,) i am planning to gift myself a CBR 250 for my 40th Birthday. (I started out with contemplating a Yamaha Fazer since my rides will mostly be between delhi and gurgaon, then considered an RE classic 500 (since i used to ride a bullet 350 in college) and have now narrowed it down to the CB, mostly on account of your thread). I intend riding it to work a couple f days in a week and then over weekends. with the upcoming winters in Delhi, riding should be fun....

One Q- do the bikes come with Contis as stock or there are batched that come with Zappers as well. from your review, i am inclined to change to zappers at the showroom itself if my bike comes with Contis.

BTW, im based in Gurgaon, and need to check which is a good dealer to buy the bike from. Are there waiting periods for the CB or is it available off the shelf?
Old 31st August 2013, 03:17   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
i am planning to gift myself a CBR 250 for my 40th Birthday
Welcome to the club

Quote:
One Q- do the bikes come with Contis as stock or there are batched that come with Zappers as well
Stock, right from the factory, unfortunately Contis...still :(

Quote:
i am inclined to change to zappers at the showroom itself if my bike comes with Contis
Please wait; I'm having hard time with MRF; I'm not sure if it's bent alloy or the MRF Zapper itself. Reason being, MRF is tube type & I keep loosing air for no apparent reason for last few thousand Km. Sometimes the dealership "claim" it's puncture though once I've personally witnessed it wasn't puncture & it was due to dirt in the side walls.

So I haven't been able to tell concretely what's the issue. I'll be shifting to much apraised Dunlop tubeless next week & that is when I can learn something. Pls stay tuned & I'll keep posted based on which you can draw your conclusion.

Quote:
Are there waiting periods for the CB or is it available off the shelf?
ABS, I hear has waiting period, but not for standard

Sorry about the late response & Thanks for your kind words. Appreciate it
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 07:34   #318
BHPian

@Himanshu, @RG - Stock replacement TL tires from MRF are about to hit dealerships too.
Just an FYI.
Old 31st August 2013, 10:07   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Hi @aargee ....amazing thread.

as a born again biker (who is turning 40 very soon,) i am planning to gift myself a CBR 250 for my 40th Birthday. (I started out with contemplating a Yamaha Fazer since my rides will mostly be between delhi and gurgaon, then considered an RE classic 500 (since i used to ride a bullet 350 in college) and have now narrowed it down to the CB, mostly on account of your thread). I intend riding it to work a couple f days in a week and then over weekends. with the upcoming winters in Delhi, riding should be fun....

One Q- do the bikes come with Contis as stock or there are batched that come with Zappers as well. from your review, i am inclined to change to zappers at the showroom itself if my bike comes with Contis.

BTW, im based in Gurgaon, and need to check which is a good dealer to buy the bike from. Are there waiting periods for the CB or is it available off the shelf?
Do consider the HRC white-red-blue paint scheme mate.
Saw one in the flesh at the showroom being readied for delivery and was completely smitten

Oh and please do bear the wait for the C-ABS variant. Having that extra layer of electronic safety can make the difference between riding away with a scowl on your face and kissing tarmac on a bad day.

Cheers !

Last edited by MavericK46 : 31st August 2013 at 10:11. Reason: Added some information.
MavericK46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 15:27   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
@Himanshu, @RG - Stock replacement TL tires from MRF are about to hit dealerships too.
Just an FYI.
Are you sure about it? Some 2 months ago, I inquired with dealer & the distributor, both of them confirmed there's no news for tubeless 140/70-17
Old 31st August 2013, 16:21   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Just an FYI.
Buy back my words; it should be already available in the market - http://www.mrftyres.com/Products/Pro...st.aspx?pid=11
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 11:18   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericK46 View Post

Do consider the HRC white-red-blue paint scheme mate.
Saw one in the flesh at the showroom being readied for delivery and was completely smitten

Oh and please do bear the wait for the C-ABS variant. Having that extra layer of electronic safety can make the difference between riding away with a scowl on your face and kissing tarmac on a bad day.

Cheers !
Thanks Maverick

That's exactly the colour scheme I have bought

I loved it the moment I saw it
Old 10th September 2013, 09:45   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Maverick

That's exactly the colour scheme I have bought

I loved it the moment I saw it
Congos on the acquisition mate !

Cheers !

Sundar
MavericK46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 12:22   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Buy back my words.....
Saar apart from the RevZ, this was the front tyre I was speaking of the other day. Please have a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CBR 250R Review-zapper-fy.jpg  

Last edited by dreamseller : 10th September 2013 at 12:23.
Old 10th September 2013, 20:59   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Saar apart from the RevZ, this was the front tyre I was speaking of the other day. Please have a look.
Let me inquire it from my end too; it MAY be 80/90-17 TL, MAY BE, that's just in the picture.
Old 10th September 2013, 22:36   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post

Quote:
Let me inquire it from my end too; it MAY be 80/90-17 TL, MAY BE, that's just in the picture.

This is the front tire of R15 older model. 80/90-17. I was not aware that it's available in bigger size too. The refreshed R15V2 has 90/80-17 and the model name is FY1

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 10th September 2013 at 22:37.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:55   #327
BHPian

Hi.

From few weeks I am hearing some tik tick sound from the engine. This noise usually comes when I am in 4, 5 or 6 gear and taking race from lower rpm to higher.. and mostly at the speed range between 40 to 65. Last week I went to asc for service and told about this problem then the mechanic said this is coming from the shim and he replaced all the 4 shim. I left my bike for 2 days at asc and when i took delivery and went for the ride then again I noticed they sound is still there. ... This sound is more visible whend I ride with pillon and climbing flyover and taking race.

Can you please tell me where is the problem? After service and shim replacement ride quality is improved but that sound didn't disappeared.

Please suggest. . I took my bike to ganpati Honda gurgaon.
Thanks
Raj
Old 8th January 2014, 12:37   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
From few weeks I am hearing some tik tick sound from the engine...ganpati Honda gurgaon.
Sorry Raj that I wasn't able to respond to your question on time. I hope the issue is fixed, please let me know otherwise. Thanks.

Meanwhile...
Honda CBR 250R Review-img_0427.jpg
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 14:08   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Raj that I wasn't able to respond to your question on time. I hope the issue is fixed, please let me know otherwise. Thanks.

Meanwhile...
Attachment 1188160

Yes the issue has been fixed. I went again to ASC and did a quick test drive with mechanic and explained when the noise is coming.. He told me that bike tank needs to be cleaned as there is some foul smell coming from tank, and replace with new fuel. Then after leaving bike in morning i went to asc in evening then check the bike, did a brief test drive and noise has gone, he told me that he has replaced the complete fuel in tank and fixed some screw... he also mentioned that bike will become more smoother once you cross 100 km on odo after service. Till now its working fine.
Old 19th March 2014, 18:36   #330
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible for the rear swing-arm to get bent just because of incorrect tightening of the nuts on both sides of the tyres?

And call me stupid but I really am unable to comprehend the markings for chain replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks