Team-BHP > Motor-Sports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2024, 18:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

MotoGP 2024 to be aired live on Eurosport in India

Eurosport India has reacquired the broadcast rights for MotoGP in India and the South Asian region. The Warner Bros-owned channel has signed an agreement with Dorna via Fairstreet Sports, the promoter of the Indian Grand Prix.

MotoGP 2024 to be aired live on Eurosport in India-motogprace1.jpg

Eurosport India held the rights for MotoGP from 2020 to 2022. For the 2024 season, fans can catch the action live on Eurosport. Last year, the championship was aired on Jio Cinema.

The 21-race MotoGP season kicks off with the Qatar GP on March 8-10, 2024. The Grand Prix of India is scheduled for September 20-22, 2024. It will be held at the Buddh International Circuit.

Besides MotoGP, Eurosport also broadcasts other global motorsport events, including NASCAR and the British Superbike Series.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Omkar : 27th February 2024 at 17:07.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 19:39   #2
BHPian

re: MotoGP 2024 to be aired live on Eurosport in India

Jio Cinema was much better. They showed the practice sessions and you could also see previous sprint and full length races all for free. Practice sessions are exciting and important as they decide which rider goes to Q1 and which one goes directly to Q2. They don't show them on Eurosport and nobody is going to pay for Discovery+ just for MotoGP. MotoGP's VideoPass is insanely expensive too, especially when F1 TV pro is available for just 3k.
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Practice sessions are exciting and important as they decide which rider goes to Q1 and which one goes directly to Q2. They don't show them on Eurosport and nobody is going to pay for Discovery+ just for MotoGP. MotoGP's VideoPass is insanely
This is not true. Eurosport did show Q1 and Q2 before the race and what we couldn't watch was the Free Practice sessions. Personally, if you ask me I will prefer Eurosport / Discovery + over Jio cinemas because the former will never show advertisements during the races. I feel that spending 399/ per year just for MotoGP is worth it.
alenp07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 20:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YD14 View Post
Jio Cinema was much better. They showed the practice sessions and you could also see previous sprint and full length races all for free. Practice sessions are exciting and important as they decide which rider goes to Q1 and which one goes directly to Q2. They don't show them on Eurosport and nobody is going to pay for Discovery+ just for MotoGP. MotoGP's VideoPass is insanely expensive too, especially when F1 TV pro is available for just 3k.
Discovery+ costs just 399 rupeees for annual plan, that is peanuts to watch Motogp.
Old 22nd February 2024, 22:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
This is not true. Eurosport did show Q1 and Q2 before the race and what we couldn't watch was the Free Practice sessions.
I meant Free Practice sessions. I know they showed Qualifying.

Quote:
Personally, if you ask me I will prefer Eurosport / Discovery + over Jio cinemas because the former will never show advertisements during the races. I feel that spending 399/ per year just for MotoGP is worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Discovery+ costs just 399 rupeees for annual plan, that is peanuts to watch Motogp.
Fair enough. That is quite a bargain if you consider ads shown on Jio Cinema. Would like to retract the "nobody" part of my statement.

But even at 399 it is still not an option for a student like me. There are limited number of subscriptions I can pay from my parents money and MotoGP just does not top that list. Less about the cost, more about how many will I pay for. It would have been better if Discovery+ had other desirable content or the broadcasting rights were bought by Hotstar or others. I guess it is what it is.
Old 23rd February 2024, 07:52   #6
BHPian

I would pick Eurosport and Discovery+ over Sports18 and Jio cinema without a second thought. It was very frustrating watching MotoGP on Jio cinema and Sports18, they were very inconsistent, sometimes they would air it and sometimes no, the worst part was during the Bharat GP, it was aired only on the HD version . Watching it on Jio cinema was painful, a whole 2 minute ad of Yamaha (no hate to Yamaha), every second counts , I had paid for the premium version also and this is what I get.

This year no suffering.

Cheers,
Dhruv Shetty.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:08   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
I would pick Eurosport and Discovery+ over Sports18 and Jio cinema without a second thought. I Watching it on Jio cinema was painful, a whole 2 minute ad of Yamaha (no hate to Yamaha), every second counts , I had paid for the premium version also and this is what I get.

This year no suffering.

Cheers,
Dhruv Shetty.
Exactly what came in my mind. How many times we missed some crucial actions because of these ads. I was so furious at that time, adrenaline pumped situation all gone with that sudden ad showing up

Happy 2024 this time. Hope to see a great season online and offline
thebikemaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 09:29   #8
BHPian

Yes, when one has experienced the agony of the 2 minute " Call of the blue" commercials, especially during the sprint races, then I guess Eurosport / discovery+ gets my vote plus the bucks !
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:01   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebikemaster View Post
Exactly what came in my mind. How many times we missed some crucial actions because of these ads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passatman View Post
Yes, when one has experienced the agony of the 2 minute " Call of the blue" commercials, especially during the sprint races!
Exactly, Yamaha actually made people dislike their "Call of the Blue" campaign due to ads cropping up at odd times. Also, worst part was that they showed the thing once the ad break began and also while ending

I remember when Star Sports/Hotstar used to air F1, the dreaded TVS Apache RTR ad used to ruin things.

I will happily pay Rs 399/year just to watch MotoGP (since I am already saving Rs 2499 by not re-subscribing to watch the Max GPs this year )
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 10:19   #10
BHPian

Hi, A bit off topic, but WSBK season kicks off at Phillip Island ( forever reminds me of Suzuki's #42 's fantabulous ride in MotoGP '22) this weekend.
Any suggestions where to catch all the action as I am as much a fan of WSBK # 54, 65 , 55, & #1 also.
Old 23rd February 2024, 12:54   #11
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, A bit off topic, but WSBK season kicks off at Phillip Island ( forever reminds me of Suzuki's #42 's fantabulous ride in MotoGP '22) this weekend.
Any suggestions where to catch all the action as I am as much a fan of WSBK # 54, 65 , 55, & #1 also.
Same question here. I hope Eurosport picks this up too. I got fed up with pirated streaming and stopped watching WSBK from 2021 season.
Old 26th February 2024, 00:27   #12
BHPian

Wow, what a fantastic opening round of WSBK racing! All 3 races threw up different winners who were gunning their bikes to glory. And yes, the Ducati boys #1 & 11 did not have it all their way! Pata Yamaha boy Locatelli#55 and Kawasaki Racing's Alex Lowes # 22 gave us loads of edge of the seat moments, especially #22 s superlative outside pass on #1 on the last lap was pure excitement. El Turco # 54 entertained as usual, gave a superlative performance in the Superpole race but sadly got saddled with a "mindless" (IMO) penalty in Race #1 and unfortunately blew his engine in Race #2. Nicola bulega #11 the newest kid on the block seems to be carrying on where he left off in SSP.
All in all a blazing start @ Phillip Island despite some head scratching moments for the pit stop race!!
Passatman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 09:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, what a fantastic opening round of WSBK racing! All 3 races threw up different winners who were gunning their bikes to glory.
Not to mention The 'Maniac' Iannone coming back after 2019 and going on to lead Race #1 in the opening laps! Pity he encountered some issues at the end and dropped from P3 to P14.

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 26th February 2024 at 09:44.
Old 26th February 2024, 10:24   #14
BHPian

I'm thrilled that MotoGP will be aired on Discovery Plus because those annoying Call of the Blue ads, which were telecasted on Jio Cinema, won't be there anymore. With Q1+Q2, Sprint, and the Sunday Full Race ad free, I'll choose this over the heavily advertised free version on Jio Cinema any day.

To top it off, my Jio Fiber subscription includes Discovery+, so technically, I won't incur any additional costs.
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:16   #15
BHPian

Re: MotoGP 2024 to be aired live on Eurosport in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Eurosport India has reacquired the broadcast rights for MotoGP in India and the South Asian region. The Warner Bros-owned channel has signed an agreement with Dorna via Fairstreet Sports, the promoter of the Indian Grand Prix.

Link to Team-BHP News
Will the Discovery Plus subscription include full race/qualifying replays (not just highlights)? Especially important for races in North/South America as watching live is difficult. Also does it include Moto2 and Moto3 as well? If not I will have to subscribe to Eurosport HD and record the races on my Tata Sky+ STB.

Last edited by StarBoard : 2nd March 2024 at 11:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks