Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:08   #1351

re: Power Horns!

Bought a pair of Minda Trumpets for my Zen Classic today, got them installed in the evening. Sorry for the noise pollution I created on the way back home .

Earlier I had a combination of Loud Padmini (an OEM installed way back in 2001) & Bosch Single Tone (don't remember the exact type). The sound was pretty loud. But few days back the Bosch died and I thought of going for power horns this time.

Total cost: 650/- including the installation charges. Didn't buy a relay as I already had one installed earlier.
Old 17th October 2013, 02:41   #1352
BHPian

found the stebel nautilus for sale on ebay india http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=281189442519
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-images.jpg  

Old 17th October 2013, 07:02   #1353
BHPian

I recently got a Stebel Nautilus Compact from the same seller and installed it on my Bullet. As of now it is working great. I will put up some pictures soon for all.

Now I am looking for the Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck horn, which has a heavier tone for my Scorpio.

Last edited by sudipta : 17th October 2013 at 07:03.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:45   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
I recently got a Stebel Nautilus Compact from the same seller and installed it on my Bullet. As of now it is working great. I will put up some pictures soon for all.

Now I am looking for the Stebel Nautilus Compact Truck horn, which has a heavier tone for my Scorpio.
Is this compact series only for bikes or we can fix it for cars? How is the connection made for cars already having dual horns.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:59   #1355
BHPian

As per the specs you can fit it to both. It is just a bit smaller in size. There is no difference of the sound or loudness. Also there is a clear circuit diagram provided for all the combinations of fitting.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:34   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have been looking for the 'truck' one for a long time. Unfortunately available only abroad and that too quite pricey.

Please do let us know just in case you manage to source it!
Old 19th October 2013, 17:02   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi Sudipta,

I am looking forward to change the stock horns on my Std 500. I had seen the link on the ebay, but was not sure about the quality and sound. Now that you have installed the same, please may I request you to upload a video as well. Something that shows the location where it has been fixed and the sound, for understanding purpose.

Another query is that my motorcycle is just a few days old. If I change the stock horns, will this have any impact on the overall waranty?

Best regards,
Old 20th October 2013, 08:36   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hi Sudipta,

I am looking forward to change the stock horns on my Std 500. I had seen the link on the ebay, but was not sure about the quality and sound. Now that you have installed the same, please may I request you to upload a video as well. Something that shows the location where it has been fixed and the sound, for understanding purpose.

Another query is that my motorcycle is just a few days old. If I change the stock horns, will this have any impact on the overall waranty?

Best regards,
As of now I can say that the quality is really good and the sound is as we can hear in the Stebel website. I don't have a video for the same as of now but I can assure you that the sound is same.

I have installed the Nautilus on the crash guard with an air pipe going upwards till under the meter console to avoid any water getting in the same. I have not cut any wires, just pulled out a new connection direct from the battery, thru a 30 amps fuse box, to the relay and from relay to the horn. Amongst the two connection for the dual horn, one set is connected to the relay and the other simple pulled out and taped to avoid any contact by chance. Even the original horns are in the same place just disconnected. It will take less than 30 seconds for me to make them work once again.

As per my understanding, this should not void any warranty but you may want to check with others.
Attached Thumbnails
Power Horns!-horn-1.jpg  

Power Horns!-horn-2.jpg  

Power Horns!-horn-3.jpg  

Power Horns!-horn-4.jpg  

sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 10:07   #1359
BHPian

Has anyone installed the Hella - Multi-Tone Air Horn - 12V

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/hell...15984?pos=0;28

If yes please let know how and where you have installed it in your car. Mine is an old Wagon-R with cramped bonnet space so i am wondering if it could be installed or not.

Thanx guys...
Old 30th October 2013, 12:10   #1360
Senior - BHPian

Any experience with the Yellow panther horn from Hella?? I am looking for a loud, shrill NON TRUMPETTY sound for my Swift but can't really find a good set of horns to fulfill my needs. The closest I came to liking one was a Stebel Magnum set, but sadly, I can't really source one in Mumbai. Any help??

Any other horns similar to the Stebel Magnum??
Old 22nd November 2013, 01:03   #1361
Senior - BHPian

There are some guys from Pune that contacted me on FB. They sell Stebel horns and other accessories. I'm going to ask them about the magnum and nautilus. I'm definitely getting the nautilus.
Old 22nd November 2013, 13:47   #1362
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darxide View Post
found the stebel nautilus for sale on ebay india http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=281189442519
I had put Stebel Nautilus 10 months back from a local accessory shop it costed to Rs 700. Now it costing more than Rs 2000. I don't think its worth spending that amount, anyways it might last 6 months to a year max.
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:05   #1363
BHPian

I had Minda Dual Tone Black Trumpet Horn for last two year and did the job quite decently. Both high & low tone failed around 6 months back but then I drove without an horn since I didn't had any complaints to mention, even I can say I got used to it without any horn. But then off late when my father takes the vehicle away occasionally he started complaining.
I don't want to switch back to OEM horn whilst I want a better replacement for the Minda.
Hnece need your suggestion on the below list.
  • Stebel Nautilus Compact
  • Stebel Nautilus Truck
  • Stebel Magnum
  • Roots Windtone
  • Hella Twin tone
  • Bosch Symphony

Thank you in advance, Cheers!
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:40   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
I had Minda Dual Tone Black Trumpet Horn for last two year and did the job quite decently. Both high & low tone failed around 6 months back but then I drove without an horn since I didn't had any complaints to mention, even I can say I got used to it without any horn. But then off late when my father takes the vehicle away occasionally he started complaining.
I don't want to switch back to OEM horn whilst I want a better replacement for the Minda.
Hnece need your suggestion on the below list.
  • Stebel Nautilus Compact
  • Stebel Nautilus Truck
  • Stebel Magnum
  • Roots Windtone
  • Hella Twin tone
  • Bosch Symphony
Thank you in advance, Cheers!
Your father may complain if you install the first 2 . You can go with any of the other 4. I'm using the Minda equivalent of those right now but I want something extremely loud to take care of the trucks, buses and the sleeping watchmen .
Old 22nd November 2013, 22:10   #1365
Senior - BHPian

I have used Roots Windtone, Roots Windtone 90 and Minda Trumpets and my pick would be Minda trumpets as they are the loudest and closest to the 'praaaanp'.
DRIV3R is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks