Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 20:03   #1801
BHPian

Re: Power Horns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWhitei20 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Also, I previously had Roots horn installed and my abs warning light had lit up after a few weeks of installing that horn, and Hyundai said the clock spring went kaput and the scan error showed some electrical issues. I have replaced my clock spring and have no abs warning light at the moment, my question is will the clock spring/abs warning light go bad again since I have installed the new blaupunkt horn? I do have a relay installed this time.

Thanks
2013 i20 here - I had the same ABS-light-coming-on-due-to-the-clock-spring-going-kaput issue. I haven't replaced the factory horn yet. It's likely that those 2 were independent events that just coincided.

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 20th August 2024 at 20:05.
Old 22nd August 2024, 00:17   #1802

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
2013 i20 here - I had the same ABS-light-coming-on-due-to-the-clock-spring-going-kaput issue. I haven't replaced the factory horn yet. It's likely that those 2 were independent events that just coincided.
Thank you for your response. So far so good, have not seen the ABS light lit up yet. Also has anyone replaced their starter motor for the i20?
Old 30th September 2024, 16:10   #1803
BHPian

Would installing aftermarket dual tone horns in my Virtus void my warranty? I saw that VW has OEM connecters so the installer would have to splice the wire before the connector to make the horns work. Hella Chrome Trumpets seem to be double the quality for half the price but not worth losing my warranty for.

Most Viewed