Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-92.html)

@jkdas, its halonix +60 which is 100/90W there is no +90 except for OSram Nightbreaker range(60/55W)
Halonix +90 was a mistype

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 714849)
Actually 4300-5000k is the best when it comes to output/visibility/illumination, but then no one uses them in aftermarket kits.

6000k is your best combination for looks (white) and performance(visibility).

@Suman, HID mounted in halogen reflectors in the safari, your going to have a lot of oncoming traffic cursing you :eek:

exactly what i meant. no ones gonna buy hids to have a yellowish colour. at least most people wouldnt.

suman wants to use them in his fogs.

@Akshay agreed! Most people here wouldnt. But not everyone is aware of the fact of so thought I would mention it too. Influence of HIDplanet forums

Fogs is fine, Im using it too ! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 714849)
6000k is your best combination for looks (white) and performance(visibility).

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 715367)
suman wants to use them in his fogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 714517)
you can get xenons starting from about 6k. just get them in the right size and the pack will include everything you need for installation. look at 6000k temperature for the best brightness.

OK guys, guide a newbie on this one cos I'm clueless about Xenons, HIDs & such like:p.

Are you saying that I can fit these bulbs in the standard fog lamps that the Safari comes with? Or is it that I need a completely separate kit (which brings up issues of perfect fit etc)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 715396)
OK guys, guide a newbie on this one cos I'm clueless about Xenons, HIDs & such like:p.

Are you saying that I can fit these bulbs in the standard fog lamps that the Safari comes with? Or is it that I need a completely separate kit (which brings up issues of perfect fit etc)?

you can fit them in the fogs the safari comes with. you just need to get the right bulb size.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 715441)
you can fit them in the fogs the safari comes with. you just need to get the right bulb size.

Cool, thanks Akshay!

Dear All,

First thanks to Androdev and Busa for quick direction given. Further I wanted to upgrade the head light of my Laura Ambiente to Xenon, as Somehow I find the stock lights are not adequate. Any views on this ?? and my queries are as below.

Androdev's suggestions are also included here.
<<Andrdev>>
Hmmm.. frankly I am not that knowledgeable but I will try.

The factory-fitted xenons have four components:
1. xenon bulbs with ballast

2. leveling motors (these motors tilt the focus line based on the readings from suspension sensors.)

3. washers (they wash the xenon covers to reduce blur)

4. Electronics Controller module to co-ordinate all these things, especially the leveling.

In general, xenons are illegal without leveling and washing because you can really blind the traffic, but we are in India :-)

After market xenons will only get you #1 (bulb with ballast) and I *GUESS* the wiring and the amperage of the car will be good enough. The wiring and controller modules will not be there in the car for motors and washers which you don't need anyway because they wont come in after market xenons.

Now I don't know the shape or spec of after market xenons. I guess they will have something on offer that just replaces bulb and not the entire headlamp unit.

Like I said, I don't know enough to give any useful advice. I don't know anything outside of 'stock' :-)

Good luck. Post it on forum, I am sure you will get very useful replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_bscity

Need ur little help buddy. As u know, my Luara Ambiente is not with Xenon by default. My questions are
1) will it be worth upgrading to Xenon
2) I hope it can be straight away upgraded without much change in wiring etc
3) When I am upgrading to Xenon, I have to chnage the bulb, and add the HID kit etc ??
4) Can't I live with jsut changing the stock bulb to much brighter bulbs like Cristal vision etc.

I will really appreciate your help,a s I could not found a place in our Forum to put this. Here I wanted to say that the stock headlight of my car, somehow I find this really really weak.

Last, how much it will cost me If I upgrade to Xenon and where should I do, aftermarket OR Service stations.

Thank You very much.
- Vipul
vipul@vipulkumar.in

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 715441)

What about the Ballast/ignite module, as per my know how HID Bulb needs ballast/ignite module for igniting the HID Bulb !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 715982)
What about the Ballast/ignite module, as per my know how HID Bulb needs ballast/ignite module for igniting the HID Bulb !!

You are correct Ashish, found that out subsequently! Also, what I understand from Ishan is that these are very susceptible to water in which case it doesn't make sense - bumper mounted fogs in this behemoth are quite prone to getting wet when slicing through standing water, slushy areas etc.

Not worth busting 6k in one big puddle so to speak. But thanks for your inputs guys, its good to know:)

Depends on the kit.
for your beast if you are willing to spend around 10-15K import fog lamps which are mounted on the grill or bumper.
These are for off road use, and have Xenon's with full waterproofing.
The ballast is mounted high in engine bay near the place where the reverse alarm is there.
So you have to take care while engine washing, or get a shroud made for ballast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 716068)
Depends on the kit.
for your beast if you are willing to spend around 10-15K import fog lamps which are mounted on the grill or bumper.

No changes, no separate units, I was just looking at an option of fused bulb replacement. I'm getting the stock bulb fitted. In the next couple of hours. Before you guys convince me to plonk in some other exotic stuff. Lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 715982)

The ballasts do come with the kit and they can be placed higher in the engine bay.

Guys,

I wanted to get H1 and H7 Phillips Vision plus for my ride but Vision Plus is stopped by Phillips.

Can anybody tell me how much Osram Silverstar would cost me in Pune and from where can I pick them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 716072)
I'm getting the stock bulb fitted. In the next couple of hours.

Done & dusted! Rupees Eighty only:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 716233)
Done & dusted! Rupees Eighty only:D

I liked the way you overcame the temptations!