Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-9.html)

hi there,i would suggest,100/90 philips, 130/100 would be a wrong choice,chances of headlight reflector gettin faded , because of too much of heat are higher.

The problem of being blinded has more to do with headlight alignment and beam and little to do with power.
A 60/55W headlamp can blind others if you are on high beam and your headlight positioning is set to high.
Most HID cars have HIDs for low beam and provide light more towards the ground.

yeah 100 watts philips vison will do good..it looks realy bright and u get it for both white and blue colour....

spend some mullah and get uself HID bllast....

go for vision plus or rally as they would serve better during foggy climate.

get 100/90W with new relays to cope with the additional current they will need.

@ a4; and HID will cost? 10 k up right?

I see no problem like the headlight reflector getting faded with 130/100. Guys, can you please let me know if any one has faced the problem.

It's evident from many posts made in the Auto Lighting thread that 100/90 bulbs are a best buy and suits our driving conditions here.

Unless you want to go for more expensive options like HID, Projectors etc.. the info you required is pretty much available in the above mentioned thread. Use the search function. It works wonders. :)

Has anyone tried the 75/70 H4's that Bosch has?
Bosch - Lighting

I want to upgrade my lights, but dont yet feel like going for the 100/90's. Hence exploring the 75/70's. My stock lights are the 60/55. Will I need fresh relays even for 75/70?

condor,

Why dont you get Philips 90/100 ?

@Condor, me too have the same question as mugen.Also have you considered the philips clearvision bulbs if you do not want high wattage.

Ps: Heard Osram are good if not better than philips[could somebody add to this please..],maybe you could have a look at that too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 356395)
Ps: Heard Osram are good if not better than philips[could somebody add to this please..],maybe you could have a look at that too.

Ran 2 sets of Osram's & they were great but are very hard to find. Philips is not as good IMHO since I'm currently using a set of Crystalvision's.

I have used Philips crystal-visions, and they are a better option than the stock bulbs, when one wants to stick to the regular 60/55W [without an upgrade]. Also, my stock bulbs have lasted much longer than the higher priced Crystal-visions.

I have no doubts about the 100/90 setup. I am trying to see if I can manage without going upto 100/90. I think warranty gets void with 100/90's, when the stock is 60/55W. A couple of other reasons:
1. Cops: they suddenly get into a high-beam check mode, and at that time, they dont listen, forget understanding any explainations.

2. There have been instances when the on-coming guy has his high-beams on, and is blinding me. I have switched to high-beam, and the guy goes crazy. I would like not to get into an avoidable situation if I can. Considering today's driving environment, it does help to be a bit cautious too. People wont be able to make out if I have better lights or if I am using my high-beams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 356338)
Has anyone tried the 75/70 H4's that Bosch has?
Bosch - Lighting

I want to upgrade my lights, but dont yet feel like going for the 100/90's. Hence exploring the 75/70's. My stock lights are the 60/55. Will I need fresh relays even for 75/70?

No need of relay's for these. Don't know about beam intensity though.

Any brand of relay /cut-out that I need to avoid?

the 75/70's are rated about 25% higher than the 60/55's. Would the stock relays be able to handle the 75/70's without any thing getting damaged?

tsk, what's rating on the Indica ? Will look for the Narva's, else will take the Bosch. I want to get better lights on the Marina and the Sumo, and it would be really good if I can just put the 75/70's without any addnl changes.

If you really want a relay get a roots one. But for 75/70W you don't need one as this much tolerance is already built into the system.
But with the relay you can upgrade to 100/90W later if required.