Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-89.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by razor4077 (Post 703398)
Thanks for the clarifications! I am thinking of using a more powerful H8 halogen (with a relay) in the fogs maybe a 90/100

Im not sure if the fog lamp assembly can handle the heat of a 100/90 in the long run:eek:

Thanks s0uljah for the pics.

Guys, I have an Spark and it's manual specifies the following.

Headlights (High beam/Low beam) - 60/55W X 2 - Halogen bulbs

Does the above imply a H4 bulb?
Can someone please provide details of where I can buy Osram Silver Star/Night breakers, Philips Extreme Vision in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 702829)
Guys, have been wanting to install HID's for the fogs(H8) of my SX4 and am really confused which brand to go in for. I came across various brands like Bosch (which is the cheapest of the lot, but most people say its fake). Then there is Autoguage, P4, Hall-W, Philips(only size available is H4), Eagle and a few others. The range starts from 5.5k for a 1 particular model of bosch and 8.5k for another type of bosch and the rest are around 10-12k mark with the exception of Philips which is for 20k (but then philips does not make a set in H8 which is my requirement)

Now im really confused as to which brand to go in for and how do i know if its original or fake?? Will using a Bosch (which i believe is fake, as im told Bosch does not make HID's for the aftermarket) affect my car electricals in any way??

I would really appreciate some help here?? Reliability (Xenons and Car electricals), originality, performance and most importantly how do the Xenon kits from various brands out there stack up with each other. These are my prime concerns here. Existing HID users, kindly share your experiences hereplease:

Lastly, there is an abundance of knowledge regarding which brands of halogen lights to go in for various requirements, but not soo much about Xenons in this wonderful thread. Would really appreciate some light being shed in this aspect as well.

Cheers

Guys, i am suprised to see no replies to my query:deadhorse. I am sure any pointers on this issue will be a huge help for all those willing to spend a fortune on HIDs

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 703369)
1. Yes, stock swift fog lamp assembly.
2. OEM = H8 Bulbs, Im using an h7 kit though.

The H8 HID kit will be the best bet & safest. I recommend 3000-4300k for the best output and visibility.

One good thing about the swift fog lamps is the design ensures minimum glare, mirror for oncoming motorists as compared to many other fogs that Iv seen. Brownie points for MUL :)

Hi Souljah,

You are using an H7 kit in your foglamps which should be H8 right? Since im planning to fit HIDs in my fogs, which is the best kit (brand). Im being offered H8 & H11 kit from BOSCH which are fake ofcourse for INR 8500/-

What do you suggest?

Epic

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince85 (Post 703898)
Guys, i am suprised to see no replies to my query. I am sure any pointers on this issue will be a huge help for all those willing to spend a fortune on HIDs

What exactly is your query ? Most general things have been discussed here just do a search and it will bring back loads of info. Also if your really inclined to reading up the visit HID Retrofit Parts Projectors Ballasts D2S Bulbs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 703909)
Since im planning to fit HIDs in my fogs, which is the best kit (brand). Im being offered H8 & H11 kit from BOSCH which are fake ofcourse for INR 8500/-

I dont know which is the best brand as its all upto the end users requirement really. Price, visibility etc. Some people like that high intensity which blinds people, others dont.

Make sure you get the H8 kit it will be a direct fit. Try to get 4300-5000k unless you want crystal clear white. Read my post earlier to understand why I suggest this.

Why dont you shop around a little more? Some forum members have been buying the bosch at 6.5 - 7k

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 703488)
Im not sure if the fog lamp assembly can handle the heat of a 100/90 in the long run

Ok, so what's the most powerful wattage that I can fit, keeping longevity in mind? Saw a few Hella's online that were 35W. Is this the max?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 703915)
What exactly is your query ? Most general things have been discussed here just do a search and it will bring back loads of info. Also if your really inclined to reading up the visit HID Retrofit Parts Projectors Ballasts D2S Bulbs

Refer to the Post No.1310 to know what my queries are?:) In the mean time, thanks for the link man, its a good one!

Cheers

I have a Getz GL Nov 2004 model (without crystal clear headlamp). The lights are too dull and I find them unsafe during night and highway driving.

Is it advisable to retain 60/55W power and go for Philips H4 white light bulbs? Would I need any other structural changes to be done?

Or should I go for 100/90W power and get Narva/Philps with additional relay?

Please suggest trust worthy places in Mumbai to go to (i.e. the electrician should be good!). Also, please mention costs associated.

Hi,

I have a m800 5speed and the standard lights are too bad for night driving on highways. Could you please tell me where in Bangalore I can buy and fit a 100/90 halogens with necessary relay and ceramic holders if necessary. Preferably somewhere near bannerghatta road area.

Thanks in Advance.

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 705580)
I have a Getz GL Nov 2004 model (without crystal clear headlamp). The lights are too dull and I find them unsafe during night and highway driving.

Is it advisable to retain 60/55W power and go for Philips H4 white light bulbs? Would I need any other structural changes to be done?

Or should I go for 100/90W power and get Narva/Philps with additional relay?

Please suggest trust worthy places in Mumbai to go to (i.e. the electrician should be good!). Also, please mention costs associated.

EDIT - addition
I have researched the following models from the website. Would appreciate your suggestions on which to go for? I am looking for bright, white light.
- Philips VisionPlus: +50% more light
- Philips LongerLife: 3x life time
- Philips Premium: 30% extra light
- Philips NightGuide: 3-color safety technology with double lifetime

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 491305)
I have used Vision + 60/55W in Getz and they work great. Spread is much better.
Make sure you get originals, most of people using philips bulbs are not using philips bulbs.

I am also looking at the same bulbs for my Getz. Do these bulbs provide white light? did you need to make any additional fitment (relay/ceramic holder etc) or you just changed the bulbs? Can you provide the costing as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 (Post 539520)
how much did it cost you to fit the Angel eyes?

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'angel eyes'?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head (Post 541249)
I'm unable to locate either Vision Plus or Xtreme Power or Osram Silverstar + bulbs in Mumbai. Anybody know any specific shops. Everybody is trying to sell me 100/90 W bulbs, while I am only looking for 60/55 W. Leads are appreciated.

I am facing the same problem dude. All dealers in Santacruz/Milan subway are pushing for 100/90W bulbs saying that those sell the most.

Would appreciate it if you could share the details of the dealers where you were finally able to procure Vision + and at what cost.

Cheers
\Nish

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 533489)
Nope vision+ are slightly white and are 60/55W
When I had used them in the Getz, the light improvement was drastic, looks lile PW is seeing the same results.

Hi tsk1979
Which model of Getz do you have? Mine is a 2004 model so it doesnt have clear lens headlamps. Would Vision+ work well on it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramkris (Post 705706)
Hi,

I have a m800 5speed and the standard lights are too bad for night driving on highways. Could you please tell me where in Bangalore I can buy and fit a 100/90 halogens with necessary relay and ceramic holders if necessary. Preferably somewhere near bannerghatta road area.

Thanks in Advance.

Ram

I think you can source one of them at auto fusion (koramangla) or just a weekend walk on jc road would fix it up, A fellow bhpian gopz has 130/100w bulb on his m800 :eek: ( not sure ) pm him if you need any help he
would help you out.