Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2024, 10:53   #12736
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

2) for adjusting the leds, you need to align them first by loosening the allen screw and then tightening it. This can only be done when they are outside and not when mounted in the headlight. So you will need professional help. You could do it DIY but for that you need to open the wheel well covers and remove the bulbs from there.
To check the alignment please use the paper method I shared earlier.
Thanks a lot! This is useful info.

Although the led installation / uninstallation in Creta first gen projectors is very easy and does not require removing wheel arch cladding, etc. There is dust cap which can be easily removed and the leds can be taken out and fit in. I will check for alignment and then see if it needs adjustment and will attempt myself.

Is there a good dealer / installer that you are aware and will recommend in South Delhi/ Noida though? I might go in to get professional help if I fail.
Old 21st June 2024, 14:37   #12737
BHPian

I drive a Isuzu Vcross 2017 and wish to install Auxiliary lights and replace the OEM fog lamps with projector log Lamps.

Electricals are my weak point, I have a few questions on lighting:

1. For Aux Lights, how to you get the ignition signal without splicing wires? From what i have read that the lights are hard wired to the battery using a ready made wiring harness with an inline fuse and a relay. The relay is what triggers the current to the lights and works only with the ignition of the car.

2. If I use a dual function aux light i.e low and high beam or tri-color setup, how can one trigger the high been with that of the car? Again the question is can it be done without splicing the OEM harness?

3. The fog lamps as per the User Manual are HB4, I have been trying to find HB4 projector fog lamps with LEDs, however most options don't mention the connection type and have universal written on them, will the fog lamp connector have to be cut in that case? Can an HB4 be converted to any other type of connector using a plug in jumper? For Precaution I want to use an external harness to power these, so does the harness also have to be HB4 compatible?

The above installation I want to DIY so want to research everything before I start ordering parts.
Old 24th June 2024, 23:40   #12738

Let me share my personal experience with Azula, my beloved 2021 Venture Blue Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

Azula has been more than just a motorcycle to me; she’s a canvas waiting to be painted with memories and adventures. Over the past year and a half, I’ve made several modifications and upgrades, tweaking her to perfection. But there was one aspect that continued to bother me — the lighting performance even with the updated RE LED headlamps.

After researching various options, I narrowed it down to two contenders: the Maddog Scout X and Vaishnu. Vaishnu’s halogens served their purpose well, but something about them didn’t fully convince me. The Maddog Scout X, on the other hand, impressed me when I saw them on my neighbor’s Benelli Leoncino. However, the blinding effect for oncoming traffic and the limited 18-month warranty gave me pause.

Just when I thought I had to make a compromise, fate intervened. During a visit to the nearby Royal Enfield showroom and service center for replacing the lock and key set under warranty, I stumbled upon the rumored RE LED fog lamp kit. The promise of a delicious 3-year warranty and immediate installation was too tempting to resist along with no issues with the extended to 5 year warranty. As I inspected the fit and finish, I marveled at how seamlessly they blended into Azula’s retro design. They even had a cap-like protrusion that arrests some of the light spread going up and they are installed neatly on the leg guard. The only thing they asked me additionally is wheather or not I have installed aftermarket leg guard. Thankfully all my mods so far are RE parts except for the Powerage mufflers and Sprint air filter.

So now, with the fog lamps in place, Azula is ready for more adventures—illuminated ones, at that! Here’s to safe rides and countless memories ahead. Here are some pictures of the lamps. I will try share the performance in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fl.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-box.jpg  

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-el_chuca_f.jpg  

Chacsf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 13:47   #12739
BHPian

I have a KIA Sonet, 2020 GTX+ model. The lights are not great to say the least. Especially the fog lights leave a lot to be desired. I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed with the upgrade.
My budget is 50k for both headlight and fog light upgrade. Although, I am not sure how much an upgrade the headlights will be.
The goal is to have better visibility during rain and fogs.
If you can help me with the specs of the lights, that would be of great help. Thanks!
Old 25th June 2024, 14:44   #12740
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7000plusrpm View Post
I have a KIA Sonet, 2020 GTX+ model. The lights are not great to say the least. Especially the fog lights leave a lot to be desired. I am looking for suggestions on how to proceed with the upgrade.
My budget is 50k for both headlight and fog light upgrade. Although, I am not sure how much an upgrade the headlights will be.
The goal is to have better visibility during rain and fogs.
If you can help me with the specs of the lights, that would be of great help. Thanks!
I would recommend starting with just a fog light upgrade. Since your Sonet has 2 inch round fog light projectors, you can easily swap them with Aes 2 inch fog light projectors. That will easily give you a 2 x improvement , even if you don't connect High beam. If you are ok with High beam tap, the benefit will be 3x. These are typically available around 9k online.

Upgrading headlights is also possible but cumbersome and expensive. It requires fitment of multiple projectors inside the headlight housing and needs very skilled technicians. The cost typically also starts from 40k for a 3 projector setup. There are only a few parties who are able to do this.

Last edited by Behemoth : 25th June 2024 at 14:46.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 15:50   #12741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I would recommend starting with just a fog light upgrade. Since your Sonet has 2 inch round fog light projectors, you can easily swap them with Aes 2 inch fog light projectors. That will easily give you a 2 x improvement , even if you don't connect High beam. If you are ok with High beam tap, the benefit will be 3x. These are typically available around 9k online.
Thank you so much!

I got a quote of about 15k for a 2.5inch projector and around 20k for a 3inch one including installation. I am not sure about the brand though.
Since the fog lights sits pretty low, I was wondering how much of a help those will be.
Old 27th June 2024, 00:03   #12742

Hi everyone!

Need some help here, can anyone help me with a peculiar issue on my Mahindra XUV300?
Ive made a new topic, linked here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ndicators.html (XUV300: Stumbled across a problem while upgrading to LED indicators)

Thanks,
Keshav
Old 5th July 2024, 09:08   #12743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacsf View Post
Let me share my personal experience with Azula, my beloved 2021 Venture Blue Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

Azula has been more than just a motorcycle to me; she’s a canvas waiting to be painted with memories and adventures. Over the past year and a half, I’ve made several modifications and upgrades, tweaking her to perfection. But there was one aspect that continued to bother me — the lighting performance even with the updated RE LED headlamps.
Do have a look at this post. I have installed projector fog lamps on my Speed 400. Using it since last 6 months. They are really helpful in this rainy season since they are in Tri-Color option.
No other aux lights come near to these lights in terms of light throw and the sharp cut off line.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post5744664 (Triumph Speed 400 Review)

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th July 2024 at 09:32. Reason: Trimmed post quote.
Utkarsh_Govekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 13:08   #12744
BHPian

I plan to upgrade the lights on my Jimny Zeta. It has round reflector based headlight. The reflectors are weak and cannot stand a 100W bulb option. Any suggestions for a:

1. LED bulb or projector in 4300K (or less) for headlight reflectors.
2. Fog lamps in 3000K. As of now it has no lamps.
Old 28th August 2024, 13:40   #12745
Senior - BHPian

Looking for a good headlight solution for my 2016 Petrol Vxi ertiga since the throw is poor, be it low or high beam. I am not interested in the relay solution for 90/100 watt bulbs.
Is there a better LED solution or replacement of healight assembly to accomodate LED lamps? I have understood following points for LED lamps.
1. Simply replacing the halogen with LEDs will not work since the reflectors may not be proper for LEDs
2. LEDs need to be perfectly aligned for maximum output else whole thing is a waste.
3. Some dust cap related issues such as cutting the cap leads to dust to enter assembly.
If anyone has tried and tested such a solution for perfection please share here. I am skeptical driving my Ertiga in night during monsoon as it makes me completely blind on wet roads and with high beams from other side cars.
Old 29th August 2024, 07:15   #12746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
If anyone has tried and tested such a solution for perfection please share here.
A straightforward solution is to use projector fog lamps. This will resolve all the issues associated with using LEDs in reflectors. Projector fog lamps provide precise focus, do not blind oncoming traffic, can switch between high and low beam and offer the flexibility to use 3000K, 4500K, and 6000K color temperatures as needed. I have installed AES projectors in my Crysta and am very satisfied with the results.

Last edited by bravo82in : 29th August 2024 at 07:18. Reason: Additional points
Old 29th August 2024, 08:28   #12747
Distinguished - BHPian

@ChauhanSaurabh, @RajivTelang

I am using 4200k LEDs in reflector type and projector lamps on my cars. I just keep the beam at lowest reach, and has worked fine. I have tried it on 3 cars so far, and will be doing on one more soon. Bulb types used: H4, H7, H8.

Osram is a little whitish. Cradder was good, but no longer available. Blaupunkt may be an option for warm-white light.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 10:32   #12748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@ChauhanSaurabh, @RajivTelang

I am using 4200k LEDs in reflector type and projector lamps on my cars. I just keep the beam at lowest reach, and has worked fine. I have tried it on 3 cars so far, and will be doing on one more soon. Bulb types used: H4, H7, H8.

Osram is a little whitish. Cradder was good, but no longer available. Blaupunkt may be an option for warm-white light.
You mean the existing reflector assembly supports LEDs? Mine is Ertiga 2016 model and not sure how to align the LEDs for lowest reach. Any details are appreciated.
Old 29th August 2024, 17:01   #12749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
You mean the existing reflector assembly supports LEDs? Mine is Ertiga 2016 model and not sure how to align the LEDs for lowest reach. Any details are appreciated.
I have just put in the LED in place of the halogen bulb.

Setting is via the leveling switch (semi rotary) that is on the dashboard (somewhere) - unless the Ertiga doesnt have it. In such a case, you may need to take help of your car electrician. Btw, Maruti A.S.S electricians can also do this - you could just request your SA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks