Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 06:25   #12691
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Have fronx delta model with halogen projector setup.
Felt on highway drives at night, headlight was not powerful enough. Hence opted for osram 50w 4200k each led bulb. Difference in brightness is huge in terms of visibility. Low beam itself is good enough for speeds upto 90 kmph.
Light is more on white side and little on yellow, miss my halogen yellow (3000k) temperature, but it is compromise worth it. Bought at a discount for 6k at planetcare for pair of HB3 setup.
Also earlier, when i flash my headlights(halogen), people never give way, now it is not the case.
Old 16th February 2024, 00:00   #12692
BHPian

Dear TeamBHPians,

I've the following setup on my Tata Altroz in stock condition:

High beam - 12V, 55W - H1 (but actually H7 bulbs) Halogen lamps.
Low beam - 12V, 55W - H7 Halogen lamps with Projectors.
Fog lamps - 12V, 35W - H8 Halogen lamps.

I'm okay with the throw of the low beam. The high beam seems inadequate and fog lamps perform well. But i acknowledge that the led needs to be in place which can perform better than stock halogens.

Coming to throughts for upgrade:
  • Don't want to tamper the wiring in any way and put warranty in question
  • Prefer to make use of the stock lighting solutions - like wiring, projectors, reflectors
  • Prefer to avoid external auxillary lights - My running is across states. So don't want to invite trouble with different state police when travelling. Most tend to overlook the stock set-up with bulb upgrades and look to spot the extra lights easily.
  • Low beam lamps - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER LED GEN 2 H7, OSRAM LEDriving HL BRIGHT or Maxxlink Rainbow series
  • High beam - Osram, Maxxlink
  • Fog Lamps - Osram LEDriving FL H8
  • W5W bulbs - Osram NIGHT BREAKER W5W
  • I prefer 4300k more than 6000k bulbs. Though will take options if they are really good ones. Basically need an all weather upgrade.
  • Don't want to use jugaad for light caps after upgrade. Prefer to use the existing light caps or proper alternate light caps after the upgrade, rather than making cuts and using some damping sheets.
Welcome to suggestions, guidance and choice for the upgrades. Had i selected on some uncompatible models of light do correct me.
Old 16th February 2024, 09:11   #12693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssathiyanarayan View Post
Dear TeamBHPians,

I've the following setup on my Tata Altroz in stock condition:

High beam - 12V, 55W - H1 (but actually H7 bulbs) Halogen lamps.
Low beam - 12V, 55W - H7 Halogen lamps with Projectors.
Fog lamps - 12V, 35W - H8 Halogen lamps.
The best options for you are:
osram 50w Led H1 4300k in your high beam and also Osram 50w H7 4300k in your low beam.
These will give you great results and are just plug and play and rhe drivers will fit inside the housing and there is no need to cut any of the caps.

No need to upgrade your fog lamps - keep them with halogen bulbs as they are as the reach is very limited and they will not give any benefit if you upgrade them to led.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 11:20   #12694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Hi Kris_risk

I'm using these AES mini H4 projectors in my Verna's halogen setup and I am quite satisfied with these.

You can refer my post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5610205 (Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here)
Amit just recommended these for my Jimny Zeta headlights. Do you have the tricolor version or 6k Kelvin? I am planning to get this triclor mini projector for headlight and FX2 for fog lamps.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 15:19   #12695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
Amit just recommended these for my Jimny Zeta headlights. Do you have the tricolor version or 6k Kelvin? I am planning to get this triclor mini projector for headlight and FX2 for fog lamps.
Hey Saurabh!

I'm using the 6K Kelvin version and I am pretty satisfied with the light response. You can go ahead with these.

What are the current prices of these products mini projector and FX2? Also where do you plan to get these installed in Noida? Finding a good installer has become a challenge in Delhi NCR.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 10:25   #12696
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Saurabh!

I'm using the 6K Kelvin version and I am pretty satisfied with the light response. You can go ahead with these.

What are the current prices of these products mini projector and FX2? Also where do you plan to get these installed in Noida? Finding a good installer has become a challenge in Delhi NCR.
So true, all of these things require a good installer irrespective of how good the product is. My last experience is from 2018 in previous car which was done by someone who has a huge following currently in Gurgaon, but even that install left me with an average experience in context of headlight reseal.

Amit offered FX2 for 8800 and Mini tricolor for 3300.

I am planning to install at Uglare G.Noida with Vaishnu wiring kit.

I have a query on these Mini. Do they still use the reflector bowl of stock headlight for reflection or just the dome within projector?

Last edited by ChauhanSaurabh : 27th February 2024 at 10:53.
Old 27th February 2024, 21:03   #12697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
I am planning to install at Uglare G.Noida with Vaishnu wiring kit.

I have a query on these Mini. Do they still use the reflector bowl of stock headlight for reflection or just the dome within projector?
Uglare is a good option that even I am considering, do share your experience and installation charges.

Are you also planning to connect projector fog lamps with high beam using wire tapping?

To answer your question, mini projectors just use their own lens/dome for light projection.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2024, 10:49   #12698
BHPian

Quote:
do share your experience and installation charges.

Are you also planning to connect projector fog lamps with high beam using wire tapping?
Yes, I plan to use the high beam as well from Fogs. There is one more guy in Sector 16 who recently installed Fogs in a friends Jimny with High/Low. I will share the experience after installation this weekend. Received the projectors yesterday from Blaze.
Old 1st March 2024, 18:14   #12699
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know by how much I can upgrade the Seltos Lamps for GT Line facelift model?

My scenario-

I would be installing 2/3 inch projector fog lamps in a custom made bracket, which will also house the stock ice cube fog lamps.

I am confused if 2 projectors of 75 W with Laser each would be too much to handle for the battery? Price- 18000.

Other option I have is of 2 projectors of 42 W each. Price- 14000. But would this be insufficient?

Attaching pic of bracket. Also should I make the fog lamps to be synced with upper/dipper switch of main lamps, or should it be on low beam permanently, so as to avoid any issue with warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-whatsapp-image-20240301-6.12.42-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by 07CR : 1st March 2024 at 18:16.
Old 1st March 2024, 18:38   #12700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Does anyone know by how much I can upgrade the Seltos Lamps for GT Line facelift model?

My scenario-

I would be installing 2/3 inch projector fog lamps in a custom made bracket, which will also house the stock ice cube fog lamps.

I am confused if 2 projectors of 75 W with Laser each would be too much to handle for the battery? Price- 18000.

Other option I have is of 2 projectors of 42 W each. Price- 14000. But would this be insufficient?

Attaching pic of bracket. Also should I make the fog lamps to be synced with upper/dipper switch of main lamps, or should it be on low beam permanently, so as to avoid any issue with warranty.
These brackets fit only 2 inch projectors which you can get on Aes and GTR and DHC. The Aes q2m has the best beam distribution and reach. It also has laser for high beam.
It is 40w in low beam and 8w for laser and another 12w for the high beam shutter.

In the seltos I would recommend not going over 50w so you can connect the low beam and the laser but don't connect the High beam shutter.

That would give you best results without tapping the high beam. I would not recommend the high beam tap as that will definitely void warranty.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 21:18   #12701
BHPian

Is there any PIAA Dealers in India? I have seen PIAA Lights and Horns listed on Amazon but they're way Overpriced there. Can anyone please help me on this?
Old 2nd March 2024, 00:04   #12702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post

My scenario-

there are brackets to hold 1 or 2 projectors for seltos easily available in delhi ncr. You can just get the bracket and install projectors. Also generally these brands over report the wattage and actual power use is much lower. Still you can use a fog lamp relay for peace of mind.
Example:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-screenshot_20240301_235741_instagram.jpg
Mr. Nobody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 23:04   #12703
BHPian

Friends, visiting Navi Mumbai for a day and have a set of 3 inch fog projector lamps available with me. Would like to get them installed on Honda city ZX Hybrid.
Please suggest me a good installer around that area with good expertise.
TIA
Old 23rd March 2024, 13:03   #12704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandilyapiyush View Post
If you're worried about fading and blackening of reflectors, there are multiple posts on team-bhp which state that 100/90 does just fine without spoiling your headlamp assembly.

I'd recommend the Phillips relay with their Rally 90/100 bulbs. I shall be upgrading to 100/90's soon.

Hope this helps!
Piyush.
Hello Piyush,
Hope you are doing good. I am in a similar dilema as the 1000's of bhpian's before me on this thread.
I have an ignis Sigma variant with stock halogens. These are so horrendous that even activas and access's with led leave me blinded. Things have got so bad to the point I'm very much inclined to drive in hot summer afternoons rather than the cool midnights.

I used to love night drives 3 or 5 years ago back when LED's were not that common and the worst thing to happen could be an lorry or bus with bright yellow headlights. Move to 2024 everything is black (night) and white( high beam maniacs with LED's).

I have been going through this thread for the past 7 days and I have reached till page 300. I am even more confused now. Based on all the info I could gather I assume LED are not that good for reflectors and may be good or bad based upon how your models design are.

So my basic question is should I go with 100/ 90 halogen upgrade and risk reflector fading if any? Or spend more and get a LED unit!?

In this thread some say 100/90 will fade your reflectors in log run and some say they have been using one for 7 or 8 years without issue. What should I believe!?

SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE SOME CLARITY . [I was not this much confused even when I switched careers ]
Old 24th March 2024, 17:40   #12705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DhinaStark94 View Post
I have been going through this thread for the past 7 days and I have reached till page 300. I am even more confused now. Based on all the info I could gather I assume LED are not that good for reflectors and may be good or bad based upon how your models design are.

So my basic question is should I go with 100/ 90 halogen upgrade and risk reflector fading if any? Or spend more and get a LED unit!?

In this thread some say 100/90 will fade your reflectors in log run and some say they have been using one for 7 or 8 years without issue. What should I believe!?

SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE SOME CLARITY . [I was not this much confused even when I switched careers ]
Hi, you can definitely go ahead with the 100/90 setup. If you're judicious enough with the use of high beams(they can be extremely blinding for oncoming traffic) and using them only when necessary, the fading of reflectors shouldn't be a major worry. The low beams are almost always good enough.My reflectors and lens are completely fine for now.

Regarding the illumination of 100/90's, they are in league of their own when compared to the stock 60/55W setup. It's a rather inexpensive upgrade and yields good results in my opinion.

Regarding the reflector fading while using 100/90's, I've not had that issue until now. You could refer to DBhpian paragsachania's Ertiga ownership thread where he's written that he has had no issues whatsoever with the 100/90 setup - that's considering all the kilometres he's covered driving with the headlights on.

You could try the 100/90's and they should make driving at night much easier. That's how it's been for me

I'm not one to recommend the LED setups in the reflector based headlights.

If you would really need something better than this, you can always explore the projector fogs option. I have heard that they are excellent, I have no personal experience with them though.

If you switch to the 100/90 setup, do post your observations!

Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Piyush.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks