Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-846.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay.india (Post 5678715)
Hi all,

I have a 2019 WRV with halogen headlights. I recently replaced the bulbs to LED and quite satisfied with it, except of course during rains where the LEDs don't give good illumination unless I'm the only one on road lol:

I would like to know if it's possible to replace the entire headlight assembly with that of the 2020 WRV model which comes with projectors. And what would be the best projector fog light for WRV.

Thanks in advance.

Bumping up an old post for suggestions from the experts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay.india (Post 5678715)
Hi all,

I have a 2019 WRV with halogen headlights. I recently replaced the bulbs to LED and quite satisfied with it, except of course during rains where the LEDs don't give good illumination unless I'm the only one on road lol:

I would like to know if it's possible to replace the entire headlight assembly with that of the 2020 WRV model which comes with projectors. And what would be the best projector fog light for WRV.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Emkay, what colour (as in K) of LEDs are you running on? If you're having challenges in rain, they're mostly 6000K/ 6500K variants. I am running 4300K Osram LEDs and drove extensively in the mountains last week through fog and rain without any problem. So, you may like to switch colours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emkay.india (Post 5695365)
Bumping up an old post for suggestions from the experts.

It really depends upon your needs and budget. For an affordable yet effective setup, I'd suggest you to install a pair of valeo fog lamps with good quality halogen or yellow led bulbs. In case you want something very powerful, you can always rely on LED projector fog lamps with dual color mode, white for clear sky and yellow for rain and fog.

Dear Friends,

I have a 2011 Wagon R and back in 2019 I had upgraded the stock headlamps to Philips H4 X-treme Vision Plus (60/55). I was quite happy with the throw and spread, but after 4 years, I felt that the light is significantly weak and needs to be upgraded to 100/90. With the DIY bug in me I ordered Minda Relay and OSRAM bulbs and installed the relay as the first step. Keeping the lights unchanged, I was trying to test the connection and I felt that the lights are brighter again. May be it is psychological but is it possible that the light getting power directly from battery via the new Relay has helped. As in the car wiring is 13 years old and it is also thinner than what is in the Relay, so is it possible that the bulbs are getting higher current due to shorter and newer wiring ?

Also wanted to know, if I keep the bulbs unchanged at 55/60, was it getting powered by Alternator in the original wiring and now it is getting powered by Battery directly.

Despite having the bulbs in stock I am veering towards keeping the 60/55 set up!
Apologies if these questions are naive, request your guidance.

Thanks & Regards,
Javegeek

After driving around 1L kms, just an itch to get some better lighting on my VW Vento but want to leave the set-up as close as possible to OEM (hence no third-party projector headlamps or retrofits or 100w bulbs with relay). The headlamps are single barrel H4 bulbs.

Whatever I do, do not want my light to blind the oncoming traffic so is carefully evaluating the options/ alternatives (may be fog lamp upgrade).

Option a:

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with mini H4 projectors that claims to offer sharp cutoff hence minimal risk of blinding fellow road users:

https://www.aescar.com/aes-h4-mini-b...on_p23367.html

They are said to fit exactly in the current H4 socket without any modification but couldn't find much reviews of it.

The 6000k color is bad and 45w/pair is meh..

Anyone using these or used such an option in the past? Are they any good?

Option b
OSRAM 4300k H4 LED
https://www.planetcarcare.com/produc...41441465434156

The 4200k H4 is seen to be sold out most of the time and hence makes me wonder if it is even genuine. It is quite expensive too.

Do they serve the purpose in the stock reflectors on VW Vento? Does anyone have experience with it because I absolutely want to be sure that the light output is not too spread out/ bothers others on the road.

If anyone has any experience or recommendations with either of these, then request if you could share your thoughts.. I would greatly appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris_risk (Post 5703434)

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with mini H4 projectors that claims to offer sharp cutoff hence minimal risk of blinding fellow road users:

They are said to fit exactly in the current H4 socket without any modification but couldn't find much reviews of it.

The 6000k color is bad and 45w/pair is meh..

Anyone using these or used such an option in the past? Are they any good?

Hi Kris_risk

I'm using these AES mini H4 projectors in my Verna's halogen setup and I am quite satisfied with these.

You can refer my post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5610205

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peepsimus (Post 5678835)
I am in the same boat - looking to improve lighting situation on my Scorpio N and in the process I had interacted with Dautopros (Indiranagar). They seem to be the main Aozoom dealer and have done many Aozoom installations. Reaching out to them can help you get the right solution. I have ordered Aozoom TH 03 and will be working with them to get them installed.

Thanks Peepsimus for sharing about Dautopros in Indiranagar. I am also thinking of upgrading my Scorpio N light setup from there. Did you already get TH 03 installed? Did you consider Aozoom HIDs before TH 03? If you can share details of the installation, it would be great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk600 (Post 5703604)
Thanks Peepsimus for sharing about Dautopros in Indiranagar. I am also thinking of upgrading my Scorpio N light setup from there. Did you already get TH 03 installed? Did you consider Aozoom HIDs before TH 03? If you can share details of the installation, it would be great.

Hi mk600, yes I have recently got TH03 installed and currently on a longish roadtrip (~6K km) and trying out the aux lights in various conditions. Had not explored HIDs with them or other brands.

Beyond the slight angle adjustments needed, which I will get done once back in Bangalore, early feedback is:
Got them installed at Dautopros, didn't need a clamp, and they provided the wiring kit. Will share pictures once back from the trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogiii (Post 5703508)
Hi Kris_risk

I'm using these AES mini H4 projectors in my Verna's halogen setup and I am quite satisfied with these.

You can refer my post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5610205

Did your Verna come with a Halogen Projectors, with a HB3 9005 bulb. How much did you pay for these AES minis.

You have also mentioned in your original post about using LEDs. Did you also try the Osram 50w by any chance. I had just about decided to go with an OSRAM 4200 50W LED for my 2015 Verna. This car is not my primary, so not used much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by autotranny (Post 5708815)
I had just about decided to go with an OSRAM 4200 50W LED for my 2015 Verna. This car is not my primary, so not used much.

Great choice, you need not worry about your bulbs, they are very high quality and will give you solid output.

Hello members,
I have a 2014 octavia which comes with halogen headlamps. The throw in the night isn’t adequate at all. I’m planning to get hella light bar installed inside the lower grill as I don’t want it to be seen from outside. One of the reputed lights & accessories shop owner recommended to go for projector fog lamps from AES/Aozoom, but it can be installed only with cutting a bigger hole in the fog lamp cover & I prefer not to have it cut. So looking for your valuable input regarding this.
Thank you,
Rahul.R.V

Can somebody confirm the type of bulb needed as a direct replacement for the indoor cabin lights in a Jimny? Is it W5W or T10 type?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RahulRV (Post 5711251)
Hello members,
I have a 2014 octavia which comes with halogen headlamps. The throw in the night isn’t adequate at all. I’m planning to get hella light bar installed inside the lower grill as I don’t want it to be seen from outside. One of the reputed lights & accessories shop owner recommended to go for projector fog lamps from AES/Aozoom, but it can be installed only with cutting a bigger hole in the fog lamp cover & I prefer not to have it cut. So looking for your valuable input regarding this.
Thank you,
Rahul.R.V

Hi
What are the headlight units you have? Is it reflector based or projector halogen? If it is projector halogens, you can very well go for Osram HID kits in 4300k. They give good results (I had it in my Laura and they were a direct fit and the ballast could be kept inside the headlamp unit.)
The other option is 4300k 50w Osram Led bulbs which are also available.

But regarding the light output, projector fog led lights are very good and they are available in 2 inch, 2.5inch and 3 inch versions. If your fog light holes are smaller you could go for the smaller versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5713469)
Hi
What are the headlight units you have? Is it reflector based or projector halogen? If it is projector halogens, you can very well go for Osram HID kits in 4300k. They give good results (I had it in my Laura and they were a direct fit and the ballast could be kept inside the headlamp unit.)
The other option is 4300k 50w Osram Led bulbs which are also available.

But regarding the light output, projector fog led lights are very good and they are available in 2 inch, 2.5inch and 3 inch versions. If your fog light holes are smaller you could go for the smaller versions.

The current setup is reflector based halogen.
Will look into fitting projector fog lights,
Thank you for your input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RahulRV (Post 5711251)
Hello members,
Thank you,
Rahul.R.V

I have installed after market projector headlights in my Skoda Octavia 2016. Do have a look at my previous posts.