Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-844.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnsood (Post 5669650)
Dear all,

I am facing an issue with The Kia Seltos projector headlights in HTK plus variant. I have tried various led brands such as excelite and gnrp but none are able to form a proper throw.

Can you please recommend how to fix it or should I go.bqck to prior halogen bulbs?

In projector headlights, Osram 50w Led bulbs work well. You just have to align them properly so that the chips are at 3 and 9 o'clock position. Any other position will not give an ideal beam. Other brands like excelite are not good and have a huge shadow exactly where you need light.

The better Led bulbs I have seen are Osram and DHC and you can get 4300k in both. I have osram 4300k 50w in my Jeep Compass headlight projectors.

Though if you really want good light, get 3 inch fog light projectors from GTR/AES and you will never even need your headlights :). These are also available in 4300k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5669715)
In projector headlights, Osram 50w Led bulbs work well. You just have to align them properly so that the chips are at 3 and 9 o'clock position. Any other position will not give an ideal beam. Other brands like excelite are not good and have a huge shadow exactly where you need light.

The better Led bulbs I have seen are Osram and DHC and you can get 4300k in both. I have osram 4300k 50w in my Jeep Compass headlight projectors.

I did install the 50W Osram LEDs on my 4th gen Honda City (reflector setup) after reading your posts and am very happy with the results.

Where does one buy DHC bulbs from? How are they priced? Any pointers to long term reviews of the product in terms of performance and durability?

Upgrading Phillips Xtreme H1 and H11 by new LED bulbs

Just received a quote from the accessory shop asunder:

Blaupunkt LED - 6000K/140W/Superior Brightness/12000 lumens

Rs.5500/pair (Rs.11000/- total)

2 year warranty

Any opinions, please

Waiting for other brands too..

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 5670626)
Upgrading Phillips Xtreme H1 and H11 by new LED bulbs

Just received a quote from the accessory shop asunder:

Blaupunkt LED - 6000K/140W/Superior Brightness/12000 lumens

Rs.5500/pair (Rs.11000/- total)

2 year warranty

Any opinions, please

Waiting for other brands too..

As I mentioned to you in my response to your last post, these 6000K white lights may look good aesthetically, but will be pretty useless in the rains

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5668021

I am considering upgrading the stock set up in my XUV7OO (MX). They have halogens (H7/55W) currently. I mostly drive with low beam, so for the time being I want to upgrade my low beam set up only. Also, I am sceptical of driving with high power led in high beam without blinding the traffic. I am looking for led in 4200-4800 K range for their better visibility in rain. From the discussion so far on this thread it seems that OSRAM 50W 4200K is a good option (available at Rs 6500 per pair). Is their any other option that I should think of?

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 5671305)
As I mentioned to you in my response to your last post, these 6000K white lights may look good aesthetically, but will be pretty useless in the rains

Yes, I have seen that.
Fog and rain is not going to affect much considering my driving limit (I am not a 100pct night/highway driver). Most of my drives are during day time and only few of this may extend to night time. In our area, we never see any kind of fog. Of course, rain will be there but think I am not going to drive daily night during the rainy season.

My main concern is ridiculous behaviour of oncoming drivers especially the big tourist bus/trucks etc. as none of them have the habit of dim their headlight which causes people like me to suffer much. With LED bulbs in place, I can also dare them to dim their headlights which I think most of the drivers (if not all) may respond.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 5669681)
If you are trying a DIY, please ensure you align the LEDs correctly. There are many videos on YouTube regarding the same.
If you are getting it installed at an accessory shop, try a different installer.

Bravo

I was actually following the accessory shop. Following your advice, i took the DIY mode and tried opening the LED myself. Then I found the major issue where the LED was not fixed properly, and it was struck. So had to take it to new Accessory store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 5669701)
Rather install HID projector in the fog lamp or as auxiliary lamps. Multiple installers have achieved this successfully. Advantages of this setup is that you can use the extra light when required and can continue with stock headlights (however weak they maybe) if the HIDs ever fail.

Decided to continue with LED options basis your advice and was able to solve the problem with Osram LED's. Prior ones were a bit larger for the projector harness and didn't fit well into the headlight. Moreover, the Projector headlight is less of a projector and more of a glass harness with projector lookalike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth (Post 5669715)

Though if you really want good light, get 3 inch fog light projectors from GTR/AES and you will never even need your headlights :). These are also available in 4300k.

This time, I have changed everything to Osram 4300K 50W and the entire setup is so much better.

3 inch is a dream setup and will try it definitely once the current setup gives up lol:

My lessons from the LED upgrade for anyone trying it:
  1. Never do the setup during the day. You will never know what is right and what is wrong in the light till it's late.
  2. Always do it with a shop which is nearby. Expect 2-3 visits at night for perfect LED alignment. So, traffic heavy places should be avoided.
  3. Try the shop which has option for multiple brands. More the betters. There are minor difference in each brand LED's and shop offering multiple LED's can resolve any issues down the line.
  4. See advice first instead of going in and then burning your hand. I learnt this the hard way.:Frustrati

Thank you everyone for helping resolve this.

For people who need to do a quick analysis of the options of fog light projectors available for 3 inch as well as 2 inch options, they can refer this
Www.carconceptsshop.com
This has a decent collection of all types of retrofit fog lights. (Though I have never bought from them and am not related to them in any way)

They do have a good level of detail on their website and they also have a Youtube channel (by the name of Raghav Acoustics) where they show each product and also the light effect of each of the lights.

This is one such video from them showcasing different lights.

https://youtu.be/Re_72eNcAfk?si=ISljQdiMONCvD5Rz

I have seen many of their videos and they are quite informative. (The prices of the products are mentioned on their website)

I would like to upgrade the fog lamp bulbs on my almost 7 year old Ertiga. I have read on this thread that the best compatible fit is the H8 12v 55w halogen bulb which is a notch above the stock H8 12v 35w halogens.

I happened to come across a H8 12v 100w halogen bulb. https://amzn.eu/d/44QrrdH

The product description mentions compatible with Ertiga. (Auto Pearl Halogen Headlight Bulb fog light H8 12V 100W Fog Light Bulb (Cool Blue) (2 piece) Compatible for ERTIGA)

Request advice if I can replace the stoch H8 12v 35w bulbs with the H8 12v 100w bulbs without any additional wiring or relays.

Having the need to upgrade the fog lights, I've been looking for possible options and I came across the availability of H8 12v 55w and H8 12v 65w options.

If the bulb H8 12v 100w (mentioned as an option in my earlier post above) is not a direct fot without a proper relay kit, then can I go ahead and fit the H8 55w or H8 65w directly on the existing OEM wiring by just replacing the bulb. Please do let me know as I am more than eager to complete this upgrade at the earliest

Quote:

Originally Posted by yikes6633 (Post 5677147)
I would like to upgrade the fog lamp bulbs on my almost 7 year old Ertiga.
I happened to come across a H8 12v 100w halogen bulb.
The product description mentions compatible with Ertiga. (Auto Pearl Halogen Headlight Bulb fog light H8 12V 100W Fog Light Bulb (Cool Blue) (2 piece) Compatible for ERTIGA)
Request advice if I can replace the stoch H8 12v 35w bulbs with the H8 12v 100w bulbs without any additional wiring or relays.

Please stay away from any of those 100w bulbs for your fog lights.
They produce only marginal increase in illumination compared to your stock bulbs, but the increase in heat output is much more than that, and not according to the scale of brightness increase.
I wouldn't even dare to switch to 55w bulbs without an additional wiring kit and relay, let alone switch to these 100w bulbs!
It is very much possible that the extra heat generated will gradually melt your stock wiring, bulb-holder and reflector.

As an Ertiga owner myself, I have tried several options to improve the illumination of my fog lights, including high power halogens that you mentioned, but it gave just a marginal improvement only.
Then at last I switched to 55w 4300K iPHCAR Bi-Xenon Projector Foglamps with a heavy duty relay wiring kit, and finally got the illumination I wanted.
These HIDs are insanely bright, and you don't even need headlights once these fog lights are switched on.
They have both high beam and low beam, and low beam itself is enough for almost all use cases. High beam is deadly powerful, and needs to be used with responsibility.
The total cost of installation will be around 9-10k including the relay & wiring kit, but it is worth every rupee that you spent, and I have no regrets.
So if your budget permits, please go for an HID or LED projector upgrade, rather than wasting time & money over these high temperature halogen bulbs.

What would be a good replacement for stock fog lamps on Swift VDi 2009(Type 2) vehicle?

Please advise.

Hello All,
I want to upgrade my 2011 Chevrolet Beat headlamp setup. I have previously installed a higher-watt bulb (cutouts) but now wanted to go for the LED setup to have better visibility at night & during rain and to avoid blocking vision by oncoming traffic.

Last weekend I visited an aftermarket shop in Pune and they suggested MOCO LED 5000 Lumen

My queries...

Will it be beneficial to use the above brand/specification (my current cut-outs have Philips bulb 90W (if I recall correctly)
Will LED give better vision than the cutout?
Will the Beats system be capable of taking a load of LED or do I need to go for a higher battery after some time?
The dealer quoted - Rs.3800 for both headlamps

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks In Advance.

Cross posting here, as its an urgent query:

Hi All,

Yesterday night, I installed auxiliary lights - Aozoom TH02 in my Scorpio-N Z8 AT as I was not very convinced with the stock light setup. Here are some pics from the setup.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-b9d40fe84c634452978afc8c5c5763a7.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1087.jpeg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_1086.jpeg

The installer connected the lights directly without a relay, using a cheap switch and tapping into the fuse box. Although these lamps are beautiful, I couldn't use them for even one night. After driving for an hour or so, I could smell that something was burning. As soon as I tried to turn off the lamps, the switch stopped working, and the click noise and feel were gone. I suspect the switch got burnt. Anyways, I pulled the car to the service lane and disconnected the fuse tap to kill the circuit.

I have a query here: How should I wire it, and do I need a relay? If anyone has installed something similar, can you please guide me on which fuse to tap for signal, which relay to use (links would be great), and any suggestion for a good quality switch.

Thanks!

Guys I own a 2012 Swift with standard factory installed Philips halogen 55/60 headlight bulbs and the fog lights.

The bulb illumination leaves a lot to be desired. And then coupled with scratches + light scatter on windscreen makes it even more difficult.

While windshield I will be replacing this weekend, it is lighting that I need help upon.

MY question is - what would be the best head light and fog light combination.

My driving is 30% long drives on highway, 50% city and 20% to outskirts of city. And typical running in a year 10k kilometers. Rain driving on highway is once in a blue moon.

I am confused with 130%, 150% and now 200% halogens, also between Osram and Philips, then there are LED and projector lamps. Also there 90/100 upgrade with Relays. Plus tons of choices for fog lights.

I know that a lower kelvin bulb in the yellow spectrum is good for visibility and also good in rain / fog. So what spectrum light shall I choose.

I did ordered the Osram NB 200 H4 from boodmo but then cancelled it as 2700 rupees is too much for a set and then it will have a lesser lifespan.

So have come here for recommendations. Need your help friends.