Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-821.html)

Hi Guys,

I have 2017 Hyundai Creta Diesel Auto. I s it possible to fit LED lights from 2019 facelift model in my car?

Has anyone tried it?

thanks in advance.

I have a Honda City 2010 that has H4 halogens in a reflector setup. Upper and lower are the same bulb. And H11 fogs. On dark highways and in the city they are fine.
But On 2 lane highways high beams of oncoming cars blind me so much that I can't see anything in front of me.
I haven't experienced this with the excellent Bixenons of my Octavia 2019.

Is the solution stronger headlights? If yes, then what path should I take? For upper and lower lights?
Better Halogens? Osram Nightbreaker 200? Is is substantially better against high beams?
HID? Won't that require converting to a projector?
LEDs? I heard they don't perform well inside a reflector. So CPS type LED?

Or should I try to reduce glare from oncoming high beams? Anti glare glasses? Coating on the windshield? Blocking the lights with my hand?

@evilgrin - Considering the age of the vehicle , What is the condition of the windshield and the headlamp assembly? Are they crystal clear?

The first step would be to make sure both the headlamp assembly and windshield is clear, sometimes this may involve replacement/cleaning/polishing. Afterwards replace the halogen bulb with a new set and align the headlamp. Now we are at a position to determine the next steps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhppower (Post 5261788)
Hi Guys,

I have 2017 Hyundai Creta Diesel Auto. I s it possible to fit LED lights from 2019 facelift model in my car?

Has anyone tried it?

thanks in advance.

I don't think that is possible. The assembly and the housing look completely different. Have not even come across any YouTube video about this.

I have Hella Rallye 4000 pencil beams fitted in my car. I want to do adjustments to the beam. And Haven't been able to tilt it up physically because of the constraints in the mounting.

Can anyone share how to adjust the upwards and sidewards alignment with the knurled knobs given at the base? I didn't want to experiment on my own because I read that there is possibility of the screws slipping off due to over-twisting and not being able to get grooved in again.

I wanted to upgrade the foglamps of my Astor. They are currently halogen 35W reflector.

Is it possible to install Xenon lamp 35W plu and play, without cutting wires? Will it need the bumper to be removed and reinstalled?

Any good places in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidban85 (Post 5287944)
I wanted to upgrade the foglamps of my Astor. They are currently halogen 35W reflector.

Is it possible to install Xenon lamp 35W plu and play, without cutting wires? Will it need the bumper to be removed and reinstalled?

Any good places in Bangalore?

Wouldn't recommend Xenon HID in a reflector, unless you are looking at lower color temperatures (Yellow lights). You could go for a LED setup instead. White HID would scatter too much without a projector, blinding the oncoming traffic. Just look for a good set of H8 type LED lamps and you should be good. Yes, if you find the right type of bulb, it can be installed like plug and play. No need for wire cutting. You can access and replace most vehicles fog lamps without removing the bumper completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 5288053)
Wouldn't recommend Xenon HID in a reflector, unless you are looking at lower color temperatures (Yellow lights). You could go for a LED setup instead. White HID would scatter too much without a projector, blinding the oncoming traffic. Just look for a good set of H8 type LED lamps and you should be good. Yes, if you find the right type of bulb, it can be installed like plug and play. No need for wire cutting. You can access and replace most vehicles fog lamps without removing the bumper completely.

Do you have recommendations for yellow leds? Most are 6000K white which will be useless for rain or fog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidban85 (Post 5288470)
Do you have recommendations for yellow leds? Most are 6000K white which will be useless for rain or fog.

Yep.. More phosphors = Yellow light. Manufacturers cheap out and use less phosphors on the diodes hence most LEDs are white. Just search on amazon for 'Yellow LED H8' and you should be able to find a few around 30W with 3000K color temperature. I have full white setup in Nexon as of now. Will probably have to order Yellow fog lamps once the rains start.

Hello All

I got the low beam projector swapped with Xenon Planet D2S Bi-Xenon projector and also have Aozoom led in high beam reflector in my Tata Safari 2021 ( ZXA plus ). And the light output is phenomenal and i rarely use the high beam now. You guys can check out the link of my safari 2021 current headlight setup. :D

Installation was done at Autobots Gurgaon ( channel partner for xenonplanet in delhi/NCR ).

Cars have gone through multiple wash also went on long out station drive and no issue with headlights setup so far.

Reason for swapping the OEM projector as the lens are blurred , night driving on OEM setup light was pain

https://youtu.be/d_oztbNhp7A

Hi Everyone

Need suggestions for fog lamps upgrade for my Honda Jazz Vx 2019 model. I am using Blaupunkt Led for headlamps, the illumination is excellent but the light scatters a lot and causes black/ dark patches. I saw a couple of YouTube videos of so called 'laser lights' for fog lamps and pretty impressed with the throw and cut off. It looks more of a sealed projector with Led inside. Most of these are unbranded and fear damage to wiring, loss of illumination over time and reliability. Are there reliable brands with similar setup? Do I have the option of yellow (3000K) and white light (6500K) both in the same setup. I will prefer led over hid (don't like the ballast). Also need suggestions for reliable online stores for the purchase.

Thanks and regards
Bravo

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 5308321)
Hi Everyone

Need suggestions for fog lamps upgrade for my Honda Jazz Vx 2019 model.

Thanks and regards
Bravo

Are you talking about those square output shape spotlight on fogs sold as laser lamps ? They will not serve the purpose as they have no spread at all which is required in a fog lamp. You can try the tri color based Iph M617 3 inch fog lamps. They have both yellow and white light in same setup. These are generally sold cheaper offline than the e-com sites. Search for Blaze India/Djs auto for buying them if your car allows 3 inch assemblies to fit but i dont think your jazz has a round fog assembly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 5308712)
Are you talking about those square output shape spotlight on fogs sold as laser lamps ?

Yes sir you got it right. Those are the ones I am talking about. Thanks for bringing it to my notice that they may never serve the purpose of fog lamps. The problem with off line stores specially in small towns is duplicate parts. Same with online stores, thats the reason I was looking for a trusted seller. Thanks a ton for the kind advise and recommendations

Anybody used Blaupunkt LED for headlight? How's the performance?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody (Post 5308712)
Are you talking about those square output shape spotlight on fogs sold as laser lamps ? They will not serve the purpose as they have no spread at all which is required in a fog lamp. You can try the tri color based Iph M617 3 inch fog lamps. They have both yellow and white light in same setup. These are generally sold cheaper offline than the e-com sites. Search for Blaze India/Djs auto for buying them if your car allows 3 inch assemblies to fit but i dont think your jazz has a round fog assembly.

I am using these IPH M317 Tri colour ones in my Jeep Compass in the foglights and they are really amazing. Infact they are so strong that they even overshadow the HID 35W that I have in the main beam. However I am using only the low beam function and did not get the High beam shutter function installed as that would mean cutting into my High beam wiring, which I did not want to do. So I just am using with the low beam after installing connectors on the wires which are a direct plug in to my wiring harness for the fog lights. The tri colour function works by switching on/off the lights successively. But I also had to disable the cornering fog function as otherwise they would switch to different colour light if they are used one by one.. But in terms of light output and beam focus they are quite good.
I had got them from Blaze India directly for 8600 including delivery charges.