Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 17:40   #106
Team-BHP Support

When your headlights are on in dipper position the stalk is towards you. When you throw the stalk forward you activate high beam. This is correct usage.
While in dipper position if you pull stalk towards you both filaments will get activated. But this position will remain as long as you are pulling stalk when you release stack it will come in dipper again.
In daytime you can pull stalk towards you when lights are off to flash your lights, this will activate only high beam, and not both beams.
Pulling stalk towards you activates high+ low when headlights are on.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:01   #107
Senior - BHPian

@mail4ajo,

I think you drives Alto, in alto when you will will pull stalk towards you low beam will be deactivated automatically.

so there is nothing to worry if you drives Alto.

Mugen.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Ohh my god, I almost burnt my new set of 100/90W bulbs. I always use the dipper the way TSK explained. When my bulbs are in low beam, I pull the stalk towards me and release it. The bulbs automatically go into high beam. I followed this because, this is the method mentioned the car manual.

Thanks to TSK for pointing this out.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:14   #109
Senior - BHPian

@mail4ajo: Dont worry bro like Mugen_Power said it does not happen in Alto
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:21   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I always use the dipper the way TSK explained. When my bulbs are in low beam, I pull the stalk towards me and release it. The bulbs automatically go into high beam.
Dont worry, Nothing to worry in Alto.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:25   #111
Team-BHP Support

Its different from car to car.
In Tata safari you have to pull stalk towards you and release to switch to high beam. Repeat action to switch to low and so forth. So the method mentioned in your manual is the one to be followed
I was talking about 800s, Indica's, OHC etc., where when one is in dipper moving stalk towards you puts high and low beam together.
Old 5th January 2007, 09:08   #112

Hi... I have Wagon R VXi. I have decided to upgrade my head lights to Philips Rally 100/90 based on the threads going here. Can I directly replace the existing bulbs or I have to fix Relay and improve my existing Wiring?

And one more Question, I saw a provision under head light to fix fog lamp. Can i fix a new set in that with philips 100/90 bulbs?
Old 5th January 2007, 12:30   #113
Team-BHP Support

For wiring and relay, you can get any Kit. cost of wiring+relay kit is around 350rs.

As per fog lamps. you can go for OEM fog lamps. Fog lamps are not H4. So they have single wattage and not 100/90W or 60/55W dual wattage.
You can get any H3 equipped headlamps, but usually 55W are enough.
Old 5th January 2007, 13:41   #114
BHPian

Hi, Just my two pence. Usually in most of the vehicles, the headlight stalk has the following position,
Down, High beam,
Up,Low beam

(while changing from the high beam to low beam & vice versa, you hear a click, and you can feel it also,)

Pass, you have to pull the stalk towards you from the Up position.
There is no click, but you can feel that this action is spring loaded, so when you release the stalk it returns to Up position-Low Beam.

PLEASE NOTE THAT IN YOUR CAR THE WAYS TO ACTIVATE HIGH BEAM, LOW BEAM, AND PASS MAYBE DIFFERENT. Please check the manuall of your vehicle.

Pass is used to flash the high beams only momentarily. All the bulb manufactures recommend that Pass should not be used for more than 10 Secs.

So as long as you really use the Pass position to only flash your high beams it is OK

Enjoy

Last edited by sumitkalindi : 5th January 2007 at 13:45.
Old 10th January 2007, 22:42   #115
BHPian

Guys, just being careful.
Won't using such high wattage bulbs void your Car Insurance claim incase the cause of an accident is found to be due to the driver of the oncoming vehicle being blinded ?
Old 11th January 2007, 00:04   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Guys, just being careful.
Won't using such high wattage bulbs void your Car Insurance claim incase the cause of an accident is found to be due to the driver of the oncoming vehicle being blinded ?
How many cases have you ever heard about where a driver was convicted for an accident because he blinded the oncoming vehicle???
Old 11th January 2007, 00:29   #117
BHPian

Hey, can someone guide me to a good HID kit for the Honda City Zx.
Can the fog lamps have the HIDs installed too ? What is the market price for these kits ? Finally, is it possible to remove the kit and use it on another vehicle (when planning to sell off the car) ?
Old 11th January 2007, 00:43   #118
Senior - BHPian

You can get Philips HID kit with B/W or some other brands without B/W.If your budget permits than you can HID kit to fog lamps also.

Other brands are for approx 16K and philips around 20K. You can remove kit and fit original lamps within few minutes.
Old 12th January 2007, 06:44   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How many cases have you ever heard about where a driver was convicted for an accident because he blinded the oncoming vehicle???
I haven't heard of convictions in Indian land, but I've heard about a lot of accidents caused by the glare of high intensity lights especially in the case of 2-Wheelers.

Most of HID owners thinks that they are night-hawks and they give a damn for the oncoming vehicles !!!
Old 12th January 2007, 06:59   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Most of HID owners thinks that they are night-hawks and they give a damn for the oncoming vehicles !!!
Well then you need to go out & see what the truckers think of themselves, 'cause most of them have their headlights positioned at such an angle that it becomes almost impossible for even an experienced driver to not be blinded. They are out in huge numbers on our roads compared to the microscopic minority the HID owners are in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks