Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-776.html)

Hello Everyone,
I need some help with my low beam for my beast. Currently my XUV has P8 HID in my low beams and regular bulbs on my high beam. But last week my HID went kaput and it seems like my blast is gone. Now since I am planning to change my XUV within 1 year, I don't want to spend much on the HID and get a new one. So I am thinking to remove the HID and put some nice bulbs. So can the guru's tell me what might be the best option and are there any good LED bulb's available in the market.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnkaushal (Post 4709157)
It was a pleasant surprise to come across your post! Very few posts on actual usage of these hella 60s.

Which relay kit did you use

any particular reason you used the high beam modules?

Regular relay which is used for any headlight upgrade by roadside workshops.
ex.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-duallampsheadlightrelay500x500.jpg
On-off signal is connected to stock fog light wire.

Reason- The low-beam module was not available :thumbs up.

The high-beam module was spotted by luck when i visited the hella dealer here..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 320004)
Note from mod:
This thread is for queries related to Automobile lighting.
Looking for a headlamp upgrade?
Want to know which fog lamps will suit you the best?
Want to enquire about Xenon's and such?

Post all queries for your "functional non show lighting requirements" here.

I wanted to know what the next logical upgrade for the ALTO's headlight bulb would be. If I am right, It runs on a 65/55W halogen now. Will a 100W give better illumination?
I propose to do a long run on the highway in December. I expect it to be raining(it always does in Kerala). Does anyone know about a halogen called "all wheather"? Will this suit ALTO?

I tried searching on the site for this. But didnt turn any exact results.

I would suggest you go with the new LEDs that are available in the market. They provide far better illumination as compared to the old halogen bulbs. In fact, they are far cooler than the old halogens. If you assume there would be fog in the way then you can opt for the halogens in the fog lamps. LEDs are also weatherproof.

Erm that's a 13 year old post mate.

I'm looking to add auxiliary lights to my XUV300. The low beam is good enough but the high beams are very poor.
I was thinking of something like Hella's Rally 500FF/700FF type and budget. Or any other similar setup.

What will be good for high speed highway driving? I don't have much idea about this but I'm thinking spot beams / pencil beams will serve my purpose better since my Low beams are already taken care of by OEM setup.

Hey everyone, I'm thinking of upgrading my the lights on my Ecosport diesel as they aren't very good for Highway runs, preferably ones which are plug and play and not the 'gives your Dealer a reason to backtrack on the warranty' type, any suggestions? The FNG near me said he could 'upgrade' to Philips H4's but that would involve cutting the current setup. I'm a complete novice to any sort of modifications so suggestions are welcome.

TIA

Hello All,
My headlight upgrade path for f10d wagon r:
1. Stock h4 55/60 felt inadequate for night drives, so installed h8 fogs (should be 35watts each) into provided empty fog light slot.
2. Even with stock h4 55/60 + h8 fogs, light throw is not strong.
3. As third measure, replaced stock h4 55/60 with philips extreme vision. Low light beam throw is good, but high beam throw is pathetic.
4. Fourth and hopeful final measure, this weekend did DIY to replace stock headlight wiring with thimpson heavy duty headlight 100/130 relay kit.
5. Currently running new wiring kit with philips extreme h4 55/60 setup to test for realibilty of harness.

Conclusion: Tough time, to mount the relay, since i don't want to drill new holes in the body.
Removing headlight connector and fixing ceramic headlight connector at co- drivers line is a nightmare.

Next steps: Fitting 90/100 philips bulbs after few days.. Probably i will go to garage due to mess at co- drivers area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDCi'd (Post 4712650)
Hey everyone, I'm thinking of upgrading my the lights on my Ecosport diesel as they aren't very good for Highway runs, preferably ones which are plug and play and not the 'gives your Dealer a reason to backtrack on the warranty' type, any suggestions? The FNG near me said he could 'upgrade' to Philips H4's but that would involve cutting the current setup. I'm a complete novice to any sort of modifications so suggestions are welcome.

TIA

I was in a similar dilemma as yours. Didn't want to hamper warranty so i upgraded to osram night breaker unlimited H4 55/60w .These are plug and play bulbs & installation is very simple.Throw is decent enough for city use but is inadequate for highways. You won't feel much difference in low beam, but high beam is comparatively better than stock headlights. Have been using it for the past 3 years.

Few days back the right headlight bulb conked off. Since my car is still under warranty & i don't want to spend much on headlight upgrade,i ordered osram night breaker laser H4 55/60w from amazon. Let's see how they fare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4715608)
I was in a similar dilemma as yours. Didn't want to hamper warranty so i upgraded to osram night breaker unlimited H4 55/60w .These are plug and play bulbs & installation is very simple.Throw is decent enough for city use but is inadequate for highways. You won't feel much difference in low beam, but high beam is comparatively better than stock headlights. Have been using it for the past 3 years.

Just to be sure, did the same pair of bulbs last for 3 years or did you have to replace in between. Because from what I have heard, these bulbs have very low life of around 4 to 6 months depending upon usage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by navrddy (Post 4712799)
Hello All,
My headlight upgrade path for f10d wagon r:
1. Stock h4 55/60 felt inadequate for night drives, so installed h8 fogs (should be 35watts each) into provided empty fog light slot.
Next steps: Fitting 90/100 philips bulbs after few days.. Probably i will go to garage due to mess at co- drivers area.

Please do update how the reflectors are holding up to all that extra heat.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT - Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbm (Post 4716947)
Just to be sure, did the same pair of bulbs last for 3 years or did you have to replace in between. Because from what I have heard, these bulbs have very low life of around 4 to 6 months depending upon usage.

Yes, the same pair lasted for 3 years approx. They do last for 2.5 to 3 years depending on usage.

Dear Friends

I have Verna Fluidic SXO 2014 Model, with Projector headlights. Can replace with H11 100w Halogen bulb in the projectors? Has anyone done? Do I need to change wiring harness & will the bulb not overheat?

Regards,
LN Reddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnreddy (Post 4719343)
Dear Friends

I have Verna Fluidic SXO 2014 Model, with Projector headlights. Can replace with H11 100w Halogen bulb in the projectors? Has anyone done? Do I need to change wiring harness & will the bulb not overheat?

Regards,
LN Reddy

1) No, the stock projector uses a HB3 bulb 65W. You cannot interchange with a H11 bulb. The sockets are different.

2) A 100W bulb might damage the projector inside the headlight assembly.

NOTE: The HB3 bulb is a high beam bulb wherein the low/hi function is controlled by the shield inside the projector assembly. The H11 is a low beam only bulb.

Fella's
I have a quick question regarding the low beams on my XUV 500 2012 W8 model. My low beams went kaput which were running on HID's. I took it a local car accessories guy yesterday to get the lights checked. He checked all the fuses which were all found to be in working condition. So he even changed the HID bulb and tried the light with a normal bulb. And again the same result, it didn't worked. My high beams are working fine. So can the guru's please suggest me what to do and what might be the issue here?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh09 (Post 4726749)
So he even changed the HID bulb and tried the light with a normal bulb. And again the same result, it didn't worked.

Hope he used a similar type HID bulb to check?!

Also check if the ballasts are functioning or gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singh09 (Post 4726749)
Fella's
I have a quick question regarding the low beams on my XUV 500 2012 W8 model. My low beams went kaput which were running on HID's. I took it a local car accessories guy yesterday to get the lights checked. He checked all the fuses which were all found to be in working condition. So he even changed the HID bulb and tried the light with a normal bulb. And again the same result, it didn't worked. My high beams are working fine. So can the guru's please suggest me what to do and what might be the issue here?

Thanks

Issue seems to be with the ballasts. Try using the original kaput HID bulbs with a different set of ballasts. If that fails, you're probably gonna have to replace the entire kit (a pair of new ballasts + bulbs).

(PS: I wouldn't rule out a fuse issue, yet. In my case, my left HID low beam bulb stopped working. High beams and right side HID bulb were fine. The guy replaced the fuse and things went back to normal.)