Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-769.html)

No I don't have any experience with this. My WagonR came with factory fiited fog lamps so haven't experimented anything else.

I have a question, how important are relays if one needs to upgrade to HIDs? Will the OEM wiring hold good ? Car in question is a Brezza. Headlights have been upgraded but running on stock wiring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4634207)
I have a question, how important are relays if one needs to upgrade to HIDs? Will the OEM wiring hold good ? Car in question is a Brezza. Headlights have been upgraded but running on stock wiring.

For peace of mind, relays are mandatory. If the Ballast conks off or there is a back surge of current or a short then it would fry the ECU and may ruin other electrical components. Hence it is always good to have a separate relay harness for Auxiliary loads.

Hi All,
Need help. From yesterday onwards the low beam is not working in my Innova 2014 model. I had upgraded the bulb to Osram 90/100 couple of years back. Need feedback on whether I can go ahead with Osram 90/100 or any other make. I am planning for Halogen only. Pls suggest for the fog lamp upgrade as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by shalini_g (Post 4635181)
Hi All,
Need help. From yesterday onwards the low beam is not working in my Innova 2014 model. I had upgraded the bulb to Osram 90/100 couple of years back. Need feedback on whether I can go ahead with Osram 90/100 or any other make. I am planning for Halogen only. Pls suggest for the fog lamp upgrade as well

If both LHS and RHS low beams are not working please check one of the 2 30A fuse that is part of the relay wiring kit. Remove both fuses and swap them and if the fuse is faulty then your high beams will stop working and low will function.

Once verified, pick the fuse from a reputed auto spare parts shop and replace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4635200)
If both LHS and RHS low beams are not working please check one of the 2 30A fuse that is part of the relay wiring kit. Remove both fuses and swap them and if the fuse is faulty then your high beams will stop working and low will function.

Once verified, pick the fuse from a reputed auto spare parts shop and replace.

Thanks for the response. Initially only LHS low beam stopped working and after two days RHS low beam also stopped. Both the side high beams are working. As suggested by you , will check the fuse .
Any suggestion on upgrading/replacing the current bulbs.

regards,
Gopi

Quote:

Originally Posted by shalini_g (Post 4635217)
Any suggestion on upgrading/replacing the current bulbs.

I have always used Philips and absolutely happy about its performance in both my cars.

Product link.

You can buy from a reputed shop as well. Beware of imitations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4635228)
I have always used Philips and absolutely happy about its performance in both my cars.

Product link.

You can buy from a reputed shop as well. Beware of imitations.

I am sorry but doesn't the 130/100W bulbs have tendency to burn the reflectors and cause issues?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4641131)
I am sorry but doesn't the 130/100W bulbs have tendency to burn the reflectors and cause issues?

I realised that the URL that I posted is for 130/100 and not 90/100.

Regarding blackening or fading of reflectors, it is a case with quite a few cars that I have seen but I would say that it depends on your usage. Most of the road users we around drive on high beams with that 130/100 set-up all the times.

As for me, I have the same set-up in 2 of my cars and both have run on this set-up for nearly 2 Lakh Km each and my reflectors are stock. There is no such fading or blackening as a result of using these bulbs and whatever it is is purely age related.

This is from a car done 250K Km and with 100/90 set-up since 200K Km and still on stock reflectors:
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-exterior-2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4641131)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4641756)
Regarding blackening or fading of reflectors, it is a case with quite a few cars that I have seen but I would say that it depends on your usage. Most of the road users we around drive on high beams with that 130/100 set-up all the times.

Perfectly summed up.

Quote:

As for me, I have the same set-up in 2 of my cars and both have run on this set-up for nearly 2 Lakh Km each and my reflectors are stock. There is no such fading or blackening as a result of using these bulbs and whatever it is is purely age related....
I remember @aargee also having the same setup in his Wagon-R.

I haven't used 130/110 on a fibre-glass lens setup, but on a 120k km run 2002 M800 with glass lens. The 2 newer ones (7 years old & 6 years old, with 100k & 55k on the odo) have 100/90. All 3 have stock reflectors till date.

What I practise:
- use the high beam sparingly
- turn off the headlamps when stopped, or in bumper-to-bumper traffic (leaving only the fogs on)
- avoid using the headlamps during day time, unless absolutely necessary, like when entering tunnels
- avoid flashing the lights unnecessarily

Quote:

Originally Posted by silversteed (Post 4642199)
Perfectly summed up.

I remember @aargee also having the same setup in his Wagon-R.

I haven't used 130/110 on a fibre-glass lens setup, but on a 120k km run 2002 M800 with glass lens. The 2 newer ones (7 years old & 6 years old, with 100k & 55k on the odo) have 100/90. All 3 have stock reflectors till date.

What I practise:
- use the high beam sparingly
- turn off the headlamps when stopped, or in bumper-to-bumper traffic (leaving only the fogs on)
- avoid using the headlamps during day time, unless absolutely necessary, like when entering tunnels
- avoid flashing the lights unnecessarily

Ditto, used 100/90 on my swift (which has a fibre glass lens) for 6.5 years with zero issues.

I have been using Osram nightbreaker unlimited H7 in both low and high beam of my Vento. I am quite satisfied by the output.

Hello experts!
Fed up by the poor lighting in my Tiago, I decided to go for fog light projectors but there are a few things I need help with. First of all, the beam pattern isn't perfect which I'll get fixed soon. Also, given that it's a bi-xenon projector, it is always in hi+lo mode which I feel will create issues in actual fog even though I noticed that the glare isn't that much. So, here's a query regarding this, should I get it rewired to always stay in low beam mode or should I get it connected to headlight high beam switch so that it switches to hi+lo only when I put the headlight in high beam mode as well? In case it matters, I'm also upgrading to tigor headlights which come with low beam projectors and high beam reflectors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivamk11 (Post 4648040)
Also, given that it's a bi-xenon projector, it is always in hi+lo mode which I feel will create issues in actual fog even though I noticed that the glare isn't that much. So, here's a query regarding this, should I get it rewired to always stay in low beam mode or should I get it connected to headlight high beam switch so that it switches to hi+lo only when I put the headlight in high beam mode as well? In case it matters,

I'm also upgrading to tigor headlights which come with low beam projectors and high beam reflectors.

If you are planning to get the Tigor projector headlights then you don't need to rewire the fogs for high/low. Just don't connect the solenoid circuit that controls the flap for the high beam. I have bixenon projector fogs in my linea with the solenoid disconnected and it works beautifully.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keroo1099 (Post 4648060)
If you are planning to get the Tigor projector headlights then you don't need to rewire the fogs for high/low. Just don't connect the solenoid circuit that controls the flap for the high beam. I have bixenon projector fogs in my linea with the solenoid disconnected and it works beautifully.

So keep it permanently in low beam? Something like this? Attaching an image from a Brezza owners group. Also note that Tigor headlights only have projector in low beam, the high is still reflector. So if I do the wiring in a way that projector only gets into hi+lo when headlight is in that mode then won't that be better?

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-fb_img_1567138700793.jpg