Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2018, 12:15   #11041
BHPian

Re: Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
Given this, what are the options available to me to better the beam throws?
Since your Verna is running projectors, I’d recommend you to take the plunge & get an HID setup.
Not only will it boost the light output by a huge margin, it will reduce the power consumption from 60W to 35W, while running significantly cooler than regular halogen bulbs & increase the life of the projectors, as well as the bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
You could start off with HID in the low beam projectors. I have installed them in my EcoSport and they work very well.
Verna runs a bi-halogen setup & not a dual barrel setup like the EcoSport does.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 11:49   #11042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Since your Verna is running projectors, I’d recommend you to take the plunge & get an HID setup.
Thanks. Now, most HIDs run 6000K bulbs. That is a white light which will be poor in foggy and rainy conditions. Any suggestions on any specific brand of bulbs that run at 4500K or thereabouts?
Old 17th May 2018, 13:06   #11043
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Now, most HIDs run 6000K bulbs. That is a white light which will be poor in foggy and rainy conditions. Any suggestions on any specific brand of bulbs that run at 4500K or thereabouts?
Its not the HID kits that come mostly in 6000k, rather the customers who prefer 6000k bulbs. Probably because its looks the most fancy.

Also, a halogen projector might not be ready to take in an HID bulb. The optical alignment might not work out that well. Do a check at a local shop or borrow a kit from a friend for the test.

There are numerous brands that offer bulb with lower temp. Morimoto(US), powerbulbs(UK), reliable local shops, xenonplanet.in or aliexpress.com.
Myth_sx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 14:55   #11044
BHPian

Quote:
You can find 4200K - 4500K options in Osram and Morimoto, as they’ll be good for foggy/rainy conditions.
Also, if you really want to take it one step further & get the best possible light output from your headlamps, you can invest in a Morimoto projector retrofit.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 18:22   #11045
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently using CNLight 4300K HID bulbs in my Ecosport. They are very good.
Old 22nd May 2018, 09:31   #11046
BHPian

Friends,

I need your guidance.
I own a 2014 Duster 85 PS RXL Plus. It is running stock bulbs and headlight setup.
However, as other owners have reported these are not sufficient, especially during highway night drives. Oncoming traffic's headlight reduce visibility to great extent.

Can you please suggest good options to improve headlights ?
Earlier, Renault used to stock Osram/Philips equivalent bulbs as standard accessories. However, this time around they told me that they have stopped recommending and stockinng them since they give issues with the holder of the bulb. ( Gets melted ).

Given above, I am confused now. What options can I have? I do not want to spend high and replace entire headlight assembly. Hence, looking for options where I can retain existing headlight assembly but make it brighter.
Old 24th May 2018, 21:05   #11047
BHPian

I am testing a pair of H4 LED Headlights in my Grand i10. The light specifications are 6000K and true 25W for each bulb. Have uploaded a sample footage of the same. There is a clean cut off and it's quite bright with no unwanted scattering of the light. Will procure 4300K and check those also. These are belt type at the back and the dust cap did not require cutting at all. I have been testing it since 4 months.

Old 24th May 2018, 22:22   #11048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I am testing a pair of H4 LED Headlights in my Grand i10. The light specifications are 6000K and true 25W for each bulb.....................................Will procure 4300K and check those also.
Which company sells 4200K LED bulbs.
My Terrano has H7 for low and H1 for high. The Low is adequate for city, but a more powerful high is what I desire.
Halogen bulbs above 60W overheat and pop out on long drives. So relay and 100W bulbs is not the answer.
H1 LED bulbs are available in 6000k for headlights from 18W to 50W, below that only 3000K and 2700K ones are available for fog lamp application and in just 18W not more. If something more than 25W with 3500k or 4000K is available, I would like to buy them for my high beam.
I dont want HID in my high beams.

Rahul
Old 25th May 2018, 06:02   #11049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Which company sells 4200K LED bulbs.
My Terrano has H7 for low and H1 for high. The Low is adequate for city, but a more powerful high is what I desire.

Rahul
I am still yet to get the 4300K LED headlights for the car. I was using H11 4300K LED in my KTM RC200 earlier. However I do not have any picture which will give an idea about the output but I can sure say it was satisfactory for night. Once I get the same I'll give a review about it.
Old 25th May 2018, 10:40   #11050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhn View Post
I am testing a pair of H4 LED Headlights...
Seems to have a pretty strong bluish, aftermarket-ish hue but that's to be expected I guess.

Is it the video playing tricks as I wasn't able to see too much light apart from a decent hot spot in the center? I feel it needs a bit more spread, not sure.

Where did you buy them from, can't find it on Amazon.

Cheers.
Old 25th May 2018, 12:21   #11051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Seems to have a pretty strong bluish, aftermarket-ish hue but that's to be expected I guess.

Is it the video playing tricks as I wasn't able to see too much light apart from a decent hot spot in the center? I feel it needs a bit more spread, not sure.

Where did you buy them from, can't find it on Amazon.

Cheers.
The blue hue is, I think, partly because it's 6000K and also due to the video.

There is a hot spot I agree, however the cut off is pretty good. The light spread I'm not sure since it was the same even with earlier Philips Halogen lamps. Maybe streetlights are masking the light spread in the corners.

Did not buy them on Amazon. Bought them locally.
Old 4th June 2018, 15:09   #11052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Installation is done by Mr. Shyam from Bangalore. He has good experience in retrofits.
Hi,
Can you share his phone no. & address to my PM, i want to contact him for fog light & DRL modification to my creta.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:47   #11053
BHPian

Hello All

I have a quick question on the bulb type for Skoda Rapid 2017 (DSG) style plus. The low beam is the projecter type and the high beam is the reflector type. Having searched through the forums, some of the posts refer to H7 type bulbs.

I would like to replace the low beam and high beam bulbs for a better throw. I am thinking of going with Philips Ultinon LED bulbs (H7). Can the forum members please confirm that the High Beam and Low Beam bulbs are indeed H7s.

Cheers
Old 12th June 2018, 14:17   #11054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HentaiDesi View Post
Hello All

I have a quick question on the bulb type for Skoda Rapid 2017 (DSG) style plus. The low beam is the projecter type and the high beam is the reflector type. Having searched through the forums, some of the posts refer to H7 type bulbs.

I would like to replace the low beam and high beam bulbs for a better throw. I am thinking of going with Philips Ultinon LED bulbs (H7). Can the forum members please confirm that the High Beam and Low Beam bulbs are indeed H7s.

Cheers
The low beam projectors are H7 and the high beam reflectors are H1 type.
The Philips Ultinon H7 LED are not suitable for projectors and are good only for reflector setup (this is also mentioned specifically on the packaging). The Ultinon will not be able to give you good lighting in this setup.
The only upgrade which will give you better lighting in this projector setup is HID retrofit - take 35W in 4200K from Osram or Morimoto.
Old 12th June 2018, 14:36   #11055
Senior - BHPian

Any plug-in replacements for Vento Fog lights (2011 model). The head lights are so horrible that in City during rains, I cant see anything. I need something that can light up even 50 mts of distance well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks