Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-672.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4058271)
You could get the OSRAM or Phillips ones if the lamps are W5W T10 type. These are expensive though, around 1200 for a pair. While unbranded Chinese ones can be had for around 100 bucks from local stores. If you order them yourself from Aliexpress or similar, you can get them for even cheaper amounts.

I had used this item from Amazon for the parking light. It's almost a year now. It's working perfectly.

http://www.amazon.in/Auto-Pearl-Park...ilpage_o02_s00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 4058231)
Had been looking to upgrade the lighting of my CIAZ. After a lot of hunt edded up with OSRAM LED for position light and number plate.

I am considering the LED driving as it acts as DRL also.

TBhpian speedsatya has fitted "OSRAM LEDriving FOG LAMPS" in his Ciaz, you can check with him for his feedback.

http://www.amazon.in/Osram-LEDFOG101...riving-LAMPS/d

Here is a pic of his car with these lamps,

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-05_ciaz-solo.jpg

Source of this pic: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-pleasure.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4058271)
You could get the OSRAM or Phillips ones if the lamps are W5W T10 type. These are expensive though, around 1200 for a pair. While unbranded Chinese ones can be had for around 100 bucks from local stores. If you order them yourself from Aliexpress or similar, you can get them for even cheaper amounts.

You better buy from ebay or Aliexpress. The price difference is so big between the chinese and branded ones that you can even buy few pairs of chinese for the price of one single branded one.

I am running Chinese LEDs in my car and bike for last 3 years and yet to see one stop working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4058295)
TBhpian speedsatya has fitted "OSRAM LEDriving FOG LAMPS" in his Ciaz, you can check with him for his feedback.

Thanks a lot on that, have sent him a PM.
Just got the price for the LED fog light options and they are expensive.

Retrofit LED bulb OSRAM - Rs. 7500/-

LED FOG 1 - Rs 9000/-
LED driving and fog - Rs 28000/- :Shockked: (guess the first time I am using smiley on TBHP)

Time to go the online way, there are some cool LEDs available for around 60$ a pair.

AUXBEAM is supposed to be a great product according to reviews. Let us see where I end in this hunt.

Got to know of something called switch back bulbs for the indicators, which throws white light when headlight on and turns amber on switching the indicator. Wow that is an extra headlight for use, thou works only if the indicator dome is clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 4058712)
Thanks a lot on that, have sent him a PM.
Just got the price for the LED fog light options and they are expensive.

Retrofit LED bulb OSRAM - Rs. 7500/-

LED FOG 1 - Rs 9000/-
LED driving and fog - Rs 28000/- :Shockked: (guess the first time I am using smiley on TBHP)

Time to go the online way, there are some cool LEDs available for around 60$ a pair.

AUXBEAM is supposed to be a great product according to reviews. Let us see where I end in this hunt.

In other news, I ended up with buying a clone of the Osram DRL Satya has installed for 80$ from aliexpress. Same looks and same functionality. Its on its way and should reach me this week. I wanted both DRLs and fog lamps for my Celerio and this was the best thing I could come across. Later me and Parag had some discussions and I ended up buying this one. The Osram ones at 28k were available in Germany for 15k but still that was a huge amount for me to spend, so I went ahead with the clones.

@audioholic; for all you know you may getting the same stuff under the OE label. You may also be getting some junk. I think AliExpress has to establish confidence before they are widely accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4058978)
@audioholic; for all you know you may getting the same stuff under the OE label. You may also be getting some junk. I think AliExpress has to establish confidence before they are widely accepted.

Sir, if I get any item which is not as described, I can always raise a dispute and claim my money back. Has happened flawlessly with some undelivered orders and the refund was processed promptly.

But this one is not sold under the OE label. There is no OSRAM mentioned anywhere in the description nor pictures. I guess it's just a replica of the actual product. It was too good to resist. So i took a chance with it.

I order quite a lot of stuff from ali and havent been disappointed in any means. As long as we aren't looking for branded stuff, there is no worry.

Has anyone tried the new type HID bulbs that come with a built in projector lens from Aliexpress ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4059013)
Sir, if I get any item which is not as described, I can always raise a dispute and claim my money back. Has happened flawlessly with some undelivered orders and the refund was processed promptly.

That;s the initial part. The unknown area is - how the item fares with use. Some of the stuff that I got are deteriorating with use - making me double think on items. Lights included.

However, some items have lasted well.

hi Everyone,

I have verna 2014 with projectors. Want to switch to HID. how is P8 HID kit. and what are the bulb spec that need to be used.

The 'maal' arrived today and initial impressions are superb. Did a gruelling 4.5hr install and the quality is top notch. The casing is metal and the controller is a sealed ABS box not the cheap ill fitting ones.

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ub1.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ub11.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ub2.jpg

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-ub3.jpg

The DRL on, of course no point in this picture as DRL is not to show how things get lit up :D

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-drl1.jpg

The fog lamps - Clean cutoff, and I have focussed it such that it does not glare oncoming vehicles:

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-f1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4060068)
That;s the initial part. The unknown area is - how the item fares with use. Some of the stuff that I got are deteriorating with use - making me double think on items. Lights included.

However, some items have lasted well.

Yes, thats right. How it fares with use will always be a question. Honestly, we cant draw conclusions on that because Aliexpress is a ocean of sellers and products. You have cheap stuff, and you have expensive stuff. This same product I got had cheaper variants, but the product images showed how pathetic the build quality is. Some did not even come with a logical controller like this one and they had tiny box controllers with wires jutting out in all directions.

Regarding price, my equation to decide between high and low priced stuff is the price difference. Suppose I brought the genuine ones, it would cost me 22k. Now that I got the clones for 4.2k, I can buy five sets for the same price. Suppose these hardly last a year, I will change them next year to something better, or maybe if they lasted more than a year, I would purchase them again. If I repeat this exercise three times, it would be time to sell my car. Thats the logic I follow :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4063323)
The 'maal' arrived today and initial impressions are superb. Did a gruelling 4.5hr install and the quality is top notch. The casing is metal and the controller is a sealed ABS box not the cheap ill fitting ones.

Can u share the Aliexpress Link. Also can it fit the ertiga fog lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzail (Post 4063557)
Can u share the Aliexpress Link. Also can it fit the ertiga fog lights

The listing has ended. Hence the link isnt available. Its compatible with the fog lights of all Maruti cars except the older cars like WagonR(pre K10), Alto, Zen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4063601)
The listing has ended. Hence the link isnt available.

Still - if you can put up a screen shot from your purchase history, interested people can search on Aliexpress using the description.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4063613)
Still - if you can put up a screen shot from your purchase history, interested people can search on Aliexpress using the description.

Yeah this is the only piece of info available on mobile :
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-img_0770.png

And here is the identical item found elsewhere - Note that there are similar looking lights in other listings but the DRL controller is shabby, which shouldn't be the case https://m.aliexpress.com/item/326706...ddresstype=600