Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-65.html)

red light disperses least, blue light disperses most (remember the school physics project in which rainbow coming out of prism when white light is put from one side).

Since the blue light is very prone to dispersion it's range is less. Red has the highest range and is hence used on top of all tall buildings...

It's actually

v = Violet (maximum dispersion)
i = indigo
b = blue
g = Green
y = Yellow
o = Orange
r = Red (least dispersion)

Orange light used in Sodium vapour lamps on our streets have excellent visibility...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 590632)
huh?
Care to elaborate please.
any source of your information.
I have never heard of such a thing. It actually depends on a number of factors and the color of the light is not one of those.

Initially, I also had the same thinking that white is best. After reading several posts from this forum I understand that yellow is best for visibility. I am comparing all these things with the filament type. XENON HIDs doesn't have filaments and a projector is used to direct the light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 591392)
Initially, I also had the same thinking that white is best. After reading several posts from this forum I understand that yellow is best for visibility. I am comparing all these things with the filament type. XENON HIDs doesn't have filaments and a projector is used to direct the light.

We are not at all talking of visibility here.
Any bulb that is coated with a certain color will have lower light than a similarly constructed bulb with clear glass.
So if you want to see light intensity on road, its best to take a bulb in which outer shell is not colored with any color.
As for reliability, the color does not make a difference.

If you want really good white light, take one in which the light is white without needing to color the outer glass. I think Philips Xtreme power+ is such a bulb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 590485)
I disagree with your ratings. White lights indeed give you better spread than yellow lights, if your rating is true then all xenon owners should throw their lights out and get yellow bulbs fitted.:D

I dont know about blue, but it cant be that bad.

i always prefer yellow. and yes the white only looks good. i m not really sure if it gives good visiblity at night. Blue is all extra showoff for no reason. its not that good as well. And abt the Xenon lights, its not that all white. its gives better visiblity. but its for sure that the Xenons are not total white. :I Rule:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrick (Post 589646)
:)pls help me i want to fit HID in my 05 pulsar dtsi.i dont know about anything about automobiles lighting.what is cost and availability of units in delhi.thanks in advanceplease:

pls answer anybody or provide any link about this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mavrick (Post 591628)
pls answer anybody or provide any link about this.

find out the bulb size of your pulsar. im assuming it will be h4. i think you should get 6000k hids. youll only need one ballast and one bulb. try and get a motorcycle kit. it should cost anything between 3.5k and 10k.

eBay Motors: HID Xenon Headlight Motorcycle Kit bulbs Honda Yamaha ~ (item 330173366250 end time Oct-15-07 19:42:57 PDT)

:)

hi everybody!
this is my first post.this such a wonderful thread:Cheering: ...after carefully goin thro this thread for hours,i have narrowed down for two options temporarily-
osram silverstar or philips vision plus:confused:

please: pls tell me which one is better and the approx. cost of each of these bulbs

Quote:

Originally Posted by kums (Post 594569)
:)

hi everybody!
this is my first post.this such a wonderful thread:Cheering: ...after carefully goin thro this thread for hours,i have narrowed down for two options temporarily-
osram silverstar or philips vision plus:confused:

please: pls tell me which one is better and the approx. cost of each of these bulbs

close you eyes and go for philips vision plus

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick.throttle (Post 594607)
close you eyes and go for philips vision plus

but i have heard osram ss is better than philips vp???...and i enquired abt osram.ppl quote a price of rs.190 for a single bulb.is it ok or is it over priced?

Can the default swift bulbs be switched to vision plus?
I am talking about headlamps and Foglight bulbs.
I desperately need brighter lights, the roads are s*****d after the monsoons and I hate hard breaking when I am cruising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by babhishek (Post 594974)
Can the default swift bulbs be switched to vision plus?
I am talking about headlamps and Foglight bulbs.
I desperately need brighter lights, the roads are s*****d after the monsoons and I hate hard breaking when I am cruising.

No reason why you can't. Just make sure they're the same kind of halogens and they are rated 55/60W. If the power is more, then you'll need a relay and ceramic holder.

I'm looking for better fog lamps too. Let me know if you get anything good installed... will follow suit (Phoenix has Swift fog lamps).

I too need white fog lamps (H8), which online site can I get it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kums (Post 594927)
but i have heard osram ss is better than philips vp???...and i enquired abt osram.ppl quote a price of rs.190 for a single bulb.is it ok or is it over priced?

well i hav never tried osram. but i am very happy with my philips VP.
Rs.190/- is ok kinda priced. no ways overpriced at all...

i am using philips vision plus for almost two months. Bought it in Mahavir,gp road, chennai @450rs per pair. It sure is brighter than the stock bulbs. Haven't heard about osram though..

guys...i want to buy a HID kit for my white civic...what is the cost in delhi or gurgaon...which is a good brand and price, also low beam would be good or both high and low. please tell me a good VFM product.