Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-64.html)

one query regarding Indigo LS -- is it possible to retrofit Xenons as against the manufacturer recommended Lumax pieces that come in as OEM ? if so which size and brand should i look for ?

you can fit them. but do you have the new indogo or the old one? the old one had an h4 bulb. the new one has 2 bulbs. one for low and one for high. not sure what sizes those are.

Hi

I am buying a Honda Civic by the end of this month and was facinated by the Angel Eyes/Projection Headlight Kits displayed. Can smone pls tell me from where can I get them in Pune or Mumbai. And wat is the approx price??

Quote:

Originally Posted by diezel (Post 589762)
Hi

I am buying a Honda Civic by the end of this month and was facinated by the Angel Eyes/Projection Headlight Kits displayed. Can smone pls tell me from where can I get them in Pune or Mumbai. And wat is the approx price??

I am not sure about Honda Civic, but I have seen angel lights for Swift in ebay.in which costs around 35K.

I don't know why they cost this much. The idea is very simple if you watch the following link.
Angel Eye Modification

Question for Baleno:

Recently one of my 100/90W bulbs fused. Question is buy that one or move to blue vision?

How is the bluish light at night? is it better than crystal vision? hows the focussing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazydiablo (Post 590322)
Question for Baleno:

Recently one of my 100/90W bulbs fused. Question is buy that one or move to blue vision?

How is the bluish light at night? is it better than crystal vision? hows the focussing?

Life time of the bulb.
Blue - *
White - **
Yellow - ***

Light intensity & spreadness
Blue - *
White - **
Yellow - ***

Yellow is best and Blue is worst. This is one of the reason why I didn't go for blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 590481)
Yellow is best and Blue is worst. This is one of the reason why I didn't go for blue.

I disagree with your ratings. White lights indeed give you better spread than yellow lights, if your rating is true then all xenon owners should throw their lights out and get yellow bulbs fitted.:D

I dont know about blue, but it cant be that bad.

I am planning to go for 6000k Xenon for my Civic, but along with them I would also want to change my parking/DRL lights and High beam to super white lights. What is recommended?

I think the stock Highbeam bulb is 65 W.
Should I go for 100W Philips Crystal / Dimond vision bulb?

Note: I do not want to change my wiring or add additional wires...!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 590543)
I am planning to go for 6000k Xenon for my Civic, but along with them I would also want to change my parking/DRL lights and High beam to super white lights. What is recommended?

I think the stock Highbeam bulb is 65 W.
Should I go for 100W Philips Crystal / Dimond vision bulb?

Note: I do not want to change my wiring or add additional wires...!

If you decide to go for anything higher than stock bulbs like 90/100 or 100/130 then you will definetly need a relay. Dont install otherwise:)

Moobike008, Yellow light is indeed better, because human eye is more sensitive to it.

Most stock Xenon lights are 4500k colour which are on yellowish side. They appear white / blue because you watch them from an angle and not directly from front.

Since the light comes through a projector lense, white and blue component of light disperses (prism effect) and hence the light appears white / blue from angle.

Higher color temp lights 8k, 10k, 12k go from blue to ultra violet range but our eyes are less sensitive to them.

You would notice most people using xenon look alike white lights facing visibility problems because of this issue.

After market Xenons can still live up with higher colour temperature like 6 k because visible light output of xenon is 3 times more than std halogens, so sensitivity loss of colour is compenstated by additional brightness.

BTW, Day time light colour is about 5400k

Quote:

If you decide to go for anything higher than stock bulbs like 90/100 or 100/130 then you will definetly need a relay. Dont install otherwise
I would want to make sure of that, because there is hardly much difference from 65W to 100W, and I am told that most modern cars do not require additional harness.

But I would like to confirm on that...
Also, If I do what risks do it run, blowing up a fuse or burning down the whole car...???

I also wanted to understand what does stock 65/55 means?
The Xenons typically operate at 35 watts... what implication it has on other lights...
Is the supply treated individually or combined (65+55)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 590574)
Also, If I do what risks do it run, blowing up a fuse or burning down the whole car...???

A 90/100w is a sufficient amount of current increase. The minimum damage you would have is a blown fuse. But more likely is to fry up the wiring and probably damage to the ECU as the worst that could happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST7677 (Post 590574)
I would want to make sure of that, because there is hardly much difference from 65W to 100W, and I am told that most modern cars do not require additional harness.

I also wanted to understand what does stock 65/55 means?
The Xenons typically operate at 35 watts... what implication it has on other lights...
Is the supply treated individually or combined (65+55)

55/65 means 55 wattage for low beam and 65 wattage for high beam. It is possible to go up to 90/100 without a cutout but there is a risk of fuse blowing not the entire car getting burnt down:D . One of my friend installed a 100/130 with a relay in his viva crdi and his clear lens have darkened a lot when i compare it with mine.

I am running on 90/100 yellow bulbs with relay and quite happy with its results.

so can I safely go 35 W for low beam (xenon) and 90W or 100W for high beam (halogen), without changing wire?

(total still doesn;t change much from 65+55=120; 35+90=125)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopinathann (Post 590481)

huh?
Care to elaborate please.
any source of your information.
I have never heard of such a thing. It actually depends on a number of factors and the color of the light is not one of those.