Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-634.html)

Came to know about the importance of R&D yesterday. lol:Tried replacing my projector H7 HID bulb with a non projector H3 HID (bought from Prakash motors). Somehow managed to fit in with some jugaad. But the beam is no where to be seen. 1000 bucks wasted :Frustrati

Anyways, can anyone help me buy an HID bulb that goes inside a projector?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866190)
Came to know about the importance of R&D yesterday. lol:Tried replacing my projector H7 HID bulb with a non projector H3 HID (bought from Prakash motors). Somehow managed to fit in with some jugaad. But the beam is no where to be seen. 1000 bucks wasted :Frustrati

H7 is available on the web quite cheap. Have you checked the Ballast? I am told 90% of failure are of the ballast and not the bulb. Please swap the bulb into the other side and check, else you need a new ballast. I had a ballast failure in my Civic Fog within a few months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866190)

WHy not buy the proper spec bulb, H7 ?
H3 is a much shorter stalk, and would have hardly reached inside the projector. Thats why no beam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3866264)
H7 is available on the web quite cheap. Have you checked the Ballast? I am told 90% of failure are of the ballast and not the bulb. Please swap the bulb into the other side and check, else you need a new ballast. I had a ballast failure in my Civic Fog within a few months.

I have checked and swapped the ballasts. They are fine. There is some issue with the bulb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3866271)
WHy not buy the proper spec bulb, H7 ?
H3 is a much shorter stalk, and would have hardly reached inside the projector. Thats why no beam.

My old HID H7 bulb came with the projector as a single unit. It is somewhat different from a regular H7. I tried to find it online but in vain. Then I found a similarly(not exactly) designed bulb at a local shop in Mumbai. I gave it a go. The bulb has somewhat managed to fit in but no beam at all :Frustrati

Here's a pic of the original bulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866391)

My old HID H7 bulb came with the projector as a single unit. It is somewhat different from a regular H7. I tried to find it online but in vain. Then I found a similarly(not exactly) designed bulb at a local shop in Mumbai. I gave it a go. The bulb has somewhat managed to fit in but no beam at all :Frustrati

Here's a pic of the original bulb

Is this for an aftermarket Projector? And aftermarket as in not morimoto and the more expensive ones?

Did it come with adaptor plates that fit on the back of the projectors?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3866395)
Is this for an aftermarket Projector? And aftermarket as in not morimoto and the more expensive ones?

Did it come with adaptor plates that fit on the back of the projectors?

Yes. Not the expensive ones. I am not aware of the adaptor plates. :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866391)
The bulb has somewhat managed to fit in but no beam at all :Frustrati

Swap the polarity of the connectors to the bulb & try. It may work

The bulb is itself working. I can see the glow through the projector but it's not being focused as a beam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866433)

Yes. Not the expensive ones. I am not aware of the adaptor plates. :confused:

Understood. I have similar projectors. They aren't H anything. You can count up-to h99, you won't find these. I'll send you a link from where I ordered the bulbs. Can you post a picture of the base of the bulb once?

H anything. :D! check some pics

Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1449686377895.jpg
Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1449686404778.jpgAuto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here-1449686430034.jpg

These are the generic HiD bulbs DSx where x may be 1 or 2 or something else. These should be easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsi (Post 3866538)
H anything. :D! check some pics

As I thought.
These are the ones you want. They are some proprietary things, no standard base.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/12V-3...024109766.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3866662)
As I thought.
These are the ones you want. They are some proprietary things, no standard base.

Not exactly, they are standard HID bulbs used in most projectors. You should get them quite easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 3866674)
Not exactly, they are standard HID bulbs used in most projectors. You should get them quite easily.

Not really. They are not any DSx bulbs, and I could only source them off of DX and Ali after a lot jaddo-jahad.Only a couple of listings there as well.
I have them in two pairs of projectors, both sets ali sourced, and it has been a pain. In india, they are impossible to source from your neighborhood guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3866685)
Not really. They are not any DSx bulbs, and I could only source them off of DX and Ali after a lot jaddo-jahad.Only a couple of listings there as well.
I have them in two pairs of projectors, both sets ali sourced, and it has been a pain. In india, they are impossible to source from your neighborhood guys.

Are they working fine? I saw the pics. I think they will fit perfectly. Going to order right away! :thumbs up