Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-58.html)

:) Contact Mr. Godwin on 66662591, he is the Osram person.

Hi Team,

Iam new out here, and was going through this thread for the past 1 week and have finally my Accent to OSRAM's 100/90 with the Roots Wiring Harness and Roots Relay, the wiring harness from Roots and Relay is the best quality that you your hands on, the weird thing abt the rates of the 100/90 Osrams was that Mr Godwin quoted me 355rs a pair while I procured the same from Shetty Motors Turbhe Navi Mumbai for just 180Rs a pair. Have yet to test the effect of the lights today evening.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter (Post 570544)
:) Contact Mr. Godwin on 66662591, he is the Osram person.

Hi Team,

Iam new out here, and was going through this thread for the past 1 week and have finally my Accent to OSRAM's 100/90 with the Roots Wiring Harness and Roots Relay, the wiring harness from Roots and Relay is the best quality that you your hands on, the weird thing abt the rates of the 100/90 Osrams was that Mr Godwin quoted me 355rs a pair while I procured the same from Shetty Motors Turbhe Navi Mumbai for just 180Rs a pair. Have yet to test the effect of the lights today evening.

Cheers.

I also tried for Philips but my friend does not have that. He has only osram. Tell me how is the performane and whether it produces white light.

Mods : Searched the forum but did not got proper thread for the same so started new thread.

Dear Team,
I have Zen Vxi 2003 end model… Car is great but I am not happy with its headlights they are too dim, Its very difficult for me to drive car in night-times, Now a days in Mumbai Street lights on western express highways doesn’t work till 8.00 / 8.30 as a result I I urgently need to upgrade headlights of my car, I had done some home work on the same forum I got reply that I shd go for 90/100 w bulbs, but honestly I was not satisfied with the answers. My budget is 1200 bucks plz help me to select headlights ( may be only bulbs may b xenon ) also can I get white colored headlights in my budget ?? do white colored bulbs helps for clear vision?
Honestly I am worried about fitting after market accessories to may car cause I have seen a IKON caught fire due to wrong installation of fog lamps in my apartment plz guide me what all things shd I change bulb / headlights / relay / wire / of how much watts which suites to zen

Thx in advance

Regards,
Jitendra

Jitendra,

I believe you had posted the same query a couple of weeks ago. You received quite a few replies, but the thread was merged with the Auto Lighting thread.

Heres the link: your query is on the 4th last page.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-here-4.html

The only option is to upgrade to 90/100W bulbs.

Yep go for 90/100W bulbs along with the relay n proper wiring, with philips rally vision bulbs. U can have these under 1,000 Rs.
Don't go for white bulbs - My personal choice.

Else get Hella 2000 or 3000 Foglamps ... they are pretty costly

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 573629)
The only option is to upgrade to 90/100W bulbs.

Or even higher. Like Philips Rallye 100/130W. Lights up the night like its day.

You can go for the Philips/Osram- 100/130w bulbs (i have been using these in my 1999 Zen for a couple of years now .. no problems till now) .. if possible get the imported ones .. very good performance .. you have to make use of a relay to get the desired output .. all this would come under your 1200Rupee budget ..

White color bulbs are generally nice to look at .. as in for someone outside the car.. looking at the car .. but from a driving point of view i think most white bulbs dont provide enough visibility ..

so you are better off going for the regular yellowish ones since your usage is more of purpose than looks.

Thx for your reply!

Can you pls tell me what is d use of Relay? as per my knowledge Relay is used to Switch on and off the things.

Regards,
Jitendra

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicejits (Post 573913)
Can you pls tell me what is the use of Relay?

Nicejits, the relay prevents your bulbs from fusing due to a short circuit or overload on the electrical system. As these bulbs require a lot of power to emit so much light, a relay is very much needed. You wouldnt want your electrical system going kaput or the bulbs itself.

Do keep in mind that high power bulbs emit lot of heat which could cause the holder and the reflective surrounding to melt. In this case get bakelite holders which can be bought from any truck spares shop. These holders are stronger than the plastic ones and can withstand higher degrees of temperature.

Go in for Philips Rallye 100/130W,They have awesome light....you will love night driving after the install....

Hi Team,

I have just fitted the OSRAM 100/90 today, the high beam is extremely powerfull and is excellent on highways, the low beam is better then the stocks of 60/55 and the road is clearly visible, and the light is bright but not white light.

A definite must for highway driving.:)

Hi guys,
Can I replace my stock bulbs on my Maruti 800 -2004 with "Philips/Osram- 100/130w bulbs with Bakelite Holder", or should i just go for 90/100W with relay..? withstupid

mods please merge this thread with
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ng-here-4.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by munishsurendra (Post 574040)
Hi guys,
Can I replace my stock bulbs on my Maruti 800 -2004 with "Philips/Osram- 100/130w bulbs with Bakelite Holder", or should i just go for 90/100W with relay..? withstupid

You ought to have a relay for 90/100 bulbs