Team-BHP - Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Auto Lighting thread : Post all queries about automobile lighting here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/93908-auto-lighting-thread-post-all-queries-about-automobile-lighting-here-503.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacs (Post 3215078)
Most of the Hella relays in market are fake products and Super is atleast an Indian company with a proper warranty :).

If you can source original Hella relays, its believed to be better than others.

I have posted photograph of original Hella relay kit few pages back. It is double relay, double fuse; one for each headlight. Construction and material quality is very good, you can sense it from touch and feel.

I'm looking for Philips Essential Power H7 80W bulbs (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...more%20light#0)

But none of the listed dealers on the Philips website seem to have it in stock.

I know I could roam JC road and find it, but there are so many fakes in the market.

Anyone have any leads on where else I could look for these bulbs ?

PS: Please don't suggest Reliance AutoZone, they keep only bling bling white light bulbs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guite (Post 3215923)
I have posted photograph of original Hella relay kit few pages back. It is double relay, double fuse; one for each headlight. Construction and material quality is very good, you can sense it from touch and feel.

Hi Guite; Could you point us to that specific page.

Secondly from where you got this setup fixed. I am from Noida and looking out for similar setup for my spark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 3216492)
I'm looking for Philips Essential Power H7 80W bulbs (http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/v2...more%20light#0)

But none of the listed dealers on the Philips website seem to have it in stock.

I know I could roam JC road and find it, but there are so many fakes in the market.

Anyone have any leads on where else I could look for these bulbs ?

PS: Please don't suggest Reliance AutoZone, they keep only bling bling white light bulbs.

Why roam around JC road when you have a Philips authorised distributer in JC road.

AK Traders

Once you enter JC road from the minerva circle you will encounter a signal just after the multi level car park. Take left over there . This shop is on the 3rd or the 4th left bylane . Google up for exact locations. Its not difficult to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3216630)

AK Traders

AK Traders does not have stock! :(

As mentioned in my previous post, I tried the listed authorized dealers for Philips from their website.

AK Traders, Methode Electronics & Chawla were listed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkguy (Post 3216511)
Hi Guite; Could you point us to that specific page.

Secondly from where you got this setup fixed. I am from Noida and looking out for similar setup for my spark.

It's on page 480. I got it from Karstylo, sector 16 for Rs.900.

How do I know if this is genuine Philips or a fake?

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083249.png
Views: 1353
Size:  393.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083306.png
Views: 1199
Size:  427.0 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_083324.png
Views: 1344
Size:  385.0 KB

Quote:

Originally Posted by praful (Post 3218257)
How do I know if this is genuine Philips or a fake?

Take a close look at the letterings on the bulb. If they appear smudgy, its most definitely a fake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunnyBoi (Post 3218263)

Take a close look at the letterings on the bulb. If they appear smudgy, its most definitely a fake.

Definitely not smudgy. Thanks didn't know this :)

Name:  ForumRunner_20130826_084947.png
Views: 1291
Size:  384.8 KB

Guys,Through out this thread I read that 100/90 bulbs are not to be prefered to Nb/xv bulbs the reason being people are scared of reflectors,plastic lenses melting , discoloring or warping.But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?or is it more of a scare only.I do read a few members say they have used 100/90 or 130/100 etc for a couple of years in their cars without any effect but dont remember reading of anyone with first hand experience of actual damage.

Is it only a scarey thought ,thinking of the thousands of bucks needed to replace the lamps, that keeps people away from the high wattage bulbs?and settle for a lower output beam

any thoughts on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by srinivaspai (Post 3219134)
Guys,Through out this thread I read that 100/90 bulbs are not to be prefered to Nb/xv bulbs the reason being people are scared of reflectors,plastic lenses melting , discoloring or warping.But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?or is it more of a scare only.I do read a few members say they have used 100/90 or 130/100 etc for a couple of years in their cars without any effect but dont remember reading of anyone with first hand experience of actual damage.

Is it only a scarey thought ,thinking of the thousands of bucks needed to replace the lamps, that keeps people away from the high wattage bulbs?and settle for a lower output beam

any thoughts on this?

I've been using 100/90 Phillips Rally bulbs in my WagonR- without any negative effects for over 7 years now. No effects seen on the plastics, and I believe Maruti would have used cheaper plastics than any other car maker.

However, we had trouble with the relay once, and lost the headlamps at night, luckily within city limits.

Quote:

But has anyone actually seen it happen in their cars?

100/130's on my old car created so much heat that it melted the clear plastic. So, it is in fact true.

I am yet to see reports for the 100/90 bulbs, which I am using currently in my current car. Comparing the heat generated with my older bulbs, these are definitely cooler. I had been using 60/55 stock for about 3 years before switching to 100/90 with relay. The heat output I felt with 100/90 is almost the same as stock according to me. If in fact, they do become yellowish after a few years. (I am using the 100/90 for about 3 months now, so too short to judge) and if the reflector has problems, my plan is to buy a new headlamps and then send it to one of the guys for fitting projector headlamps and the works.

Quote:

any thoughts on this?

Apart from the damage to the reflectors as quoted in many cases- there is definitely an effect on the battery life.

More the power, more the current drawn from the battery, which the circuit must handle(precisely why we use the relays).

Hi All, After more searches for a "genuine, branded" relay and kit over the weekend, I gave up. As per a couple of feedbacks, I decided to go ahead with the "super" relay and kit. Have installed it with Hella Rallye 100/90 bulbs on my vista (H7/H1). The following were the observations:

1. The throw and the spread of the beam has improved, but not significantly. I asked the tech about it and he says its a design issue with vistas and they dont have the best of reflector/casing design. Not sure if this is true or if he was just washing his hands off.
2. I had the opportunity to take the car out during rains and I must confess that the high-beam's throw was not significantly better when compared with the 55/45bulbs that I had earlier. I wonder if this is expected.
3. The heat from the lamps have definitely gone up by a couple of notches. As noted somewhere in this forum, I am making it a point to not have the lamps on for an extended period of time, especially during bumper-to-bumper traffic within the city (exception being when on highways).

Any expert opinion on these points above is welcome.

=== $$$ ===
Hella Rallye H7 100/90 bulbs - Rs. 600 for a pair
Hella Rallye H1 100/90 bulbs - Rs. 320 for a pair
Super relay and wiring kit - Rs. 850
Labor - Rs. 200

Cheers.

Buddies,
I am looking for a rubber stalk mounted beacon for mounting on the rear end of motorcycles at a height of about 1.8m from level ground. The arrangement would be same as found in some police motorcycles in the West.

Any info available?

Atul